Satch Gig

PDA

View Full Version : Satch Gig

Smokey Amp
06-16-2006, 09:05 AM
It's the 16th so I'm going to see Satch tonight! I've been waiting for this since February!

I'll report back tomorrow with how the gig went...It's gonna be awesome.

Cheesepuff
06-16-2006, 09:14 AM
Take a picture of you rubbing Satch's beautiful bald head and post it here. I will give you a cookie if you do.

BassSurfer
06-16-2006, 09:20 AM
Take a picture of you rubbing Satch's beautiful bald head and post it here. I will give you a cookie if you do.

hahahaha :D :D

quinny1089
06-16-2006, 07:54 PM
i went seeing him tonight at the Manchester Apollo, ****ing cool as ****...

and my mates won backstage passes so hes gonna get my ticket signed...and a plec i give him:D

awesome gig, but had some disappointing parts in it, some songs just didnt...well how do i say it...impress? well sort of...they were lacking something

and Satchs rhythm guitarist needs a kick up the backside...he stood their all night hardly moving, looking morbid as fuck

and the support guy was awesome..i need to know his name...Johnny something...but his playing was cool...awesome tone aswell

SnowballofDoom
06-16-2006, 08:14 PM
^Johnny A

http://www.johnnya.com

NevermorePsalm
06-16-2006, 08:47 PM
When I saw satch with EJ, EJ was absolutely, absolutley horrid. Worst I've ever seen a "good" guitarist do. Satch was great though.

Johnljones7443
06-16-2006, 09:08 PM
You lucky bastard.

SnowballofDoom
06-16-2006, 09:53 PM
^^He played fine in Chicago...

PooKoo
06-16-2006, 10:29 PM
^Johnny A

http://www.johnnya.com

johnny a is amazing.

signed to favored nations, i believe.

Mascot
06-17-2006, 01:16 AM
This Johnny fella sounds pretty cool, although he reminds of of that one actor. . . Uhh, he played God's assistant in Dogma. Forgot his name.

Shorrock
06-17-2006, 03:43 AM
I was there...it was amazing.

Your right about the rhythmn guitarist he seemed bored out of his mind, he looked upset all night and barely moved around.

Still was a bloody good gig, shame he didnt have more time i wanted to hear "big bad moon", "searching" and "borg sex".

Johnny A was amazing as well, that medly he did at the end of his set was bloody good, am sure i heard some random satch solo thrown in there.

Smokey Amp
06-17-2006, 05:51 AM
Right, back from the gig and read all the replies!

I thought the gig was excellent! I I do concur thatt he rhythm guiarist did stand in the backlight looking slightly sorry for himself, but in reality, nobody went to see him play...

Satch was amazing, first time I've seen him live and I enjoyed every second. He played every song I wanted him to play bar a few which I didn't expect him to have enough time for.

The fact that Satch ended the whole gig on Summer Song (My favourite Satch song of all time) just made my night, and even though I had a massively banging headache by the end, it was totally worth it.

Crowd Chant was unforgettable, and I'm sure anybody taking part really felt the buzz of being able to interact with Satch in that way.

I left with a massive smile on my face, and an awesome Super Colossal Satch t-shirt on my back. I only wish I'd of had a backstage pass too...

Also, on a side note, the supporting atrist Johnny A was very good. He had a sweet tone and had an awesome vintage element to his contemporary playing. I didn't purchase his CD, 'cause it was 15 and I didn't have enough money. Had it of been cheaper, I would have bought it.

[Sorry I couldn't post a picture of me rubbing Satch's "beautifully bald head". I couldn't get that close to him. Not because he is godlike (Although he is), but because I didn't have a backstage pass.]

Shorrock
06-17-2006, 06:25 AM
i feel so stupid, i just sat a music theory exam wearing my tshirt from the gig and got all pen over it :(