Just bought my Clapton Tickets!

PDA

View Full Version : Just bought my Clapton Tickets!

strangedogs
06-17-2006, 06:51 PM
got 2 for the October 21st show here in Jacksonville... Robert Cray will be with him - schaweeeet - hopefully neither one of us dies of old age before then and he doesn't cancel. Will be the 3rd time I've seen him - CAN'T WAIT.

BrainDamage
06-17-2006, 06:56 PM
I really want to see Clapton. I don't have tickets yet, but I'm working on getting them.

ledzep1023
06-17-2006, 06:56 PM
nice i wish hed come around where i live

TheHeartbreaker
06-17-2006, 08:16 PM
I really want to see Clapton. I don't have tickets yet, but I'm working on getting them.

Same for me.

rocknroll blues
06-17-2006, 10:34 PM
I saw him solo two years ago and with Cream this past year, both shows at MSG. I have to say, I enjoyed the solo show much more, even though I like Cream more than his solo career.

Robert Cray, though... Eh. I saw him open for Buddy Guy. I thought he was mediocre, though his keys man was pretty awesome.

TheHeartbreaker
06-17-2006, 10:50 PM
^^Someone in the Blues & Jazz Forum said that Derek Trucks and Robert Cray were the highlights of the Clapton concert for them.

Hm...

rocknroll blues
06-17-2006, 10:52 PM
^^Someone in the Blues & Jazz Forum said that Derek Trucks and Robert Cray were the highlights of the Clapton concert for them.

Hm...

Huh. Weird. I've only ever seen Trucks live playing for the Allman Brothers, but I saw him with his own band on some late night TV show, and I wasn't particularly imprssed.

TheHeartbreaker
06-17-2006, 10:55 PM
^^Really?

I saw Trucks with The Brothers too, but I fell in love with him - he's been very inspirational to me.

There's a possibility of me seeing Trucks twice later this year - with The Allman Brothers Band and with Eric Clapton.

I'm thrilled. :D

Joe-Fish
06-17-2006, 10:56 PM
Great man I hope they come farther north so I can see him

rocknroll blues
06-17-2006, 11:03 PM
^^Really?

I saw Trucks with The Brothers too, but I fell in love with him - he's been very inspirational to me.

There's a possibility of me seeing Trucks twice later this year - with The Allman Brothers Band and with Eric Clapton.

I'm thrilled. :D

Well I thought he was utterly fantastic with the Allman Bros.

He and Warren Haynes did a stripped down version of Son House's Preachin' Blues: just the two of them onstage, Warren singing (no guitar) and Derek sliding away.

'Twas brilliant.

I just realised, the two of us are having, like, four different conversations in different threads.

FreddieMercury
06-17-2006, 11:09 PM
i got some for his first boston show

TheHeartbreaker
06-17-2006, 11:10 PM
^^The highlight for me when I saw them was Les Brers in a Minor, which continues to be one of my Allman Brothers favorites.

Calum_Barrow
06-18-2006, 06:30 AM
Third time?! Damn, it was my first time this year with Robert Cray. You won't regret it (as you'll know if you've seen him twice already). One of the best concerts I've ever been to (if not the best)

TheHeartbreaker
06-18-2006, 08:32 AM
^^I know he plays a lot of Derek and the Dominos material...

Any chance you remember his set so that you could share it with us so we have some ideas of what to look forward to?