Fleetwood Mac?

PDA

View Full Version : Fleetwood Mac?

Stula1031
06-17-2006, 11:32 PM
I know this might soind stupid but I randomly decided that Im gonna get a fleetwood mac album cause I havn't given this band a cahnce so I'm asking what album should I get?

The only song I've heard is the chain and a couple others who's names escape me at the moment

dtstuff9
06-17-2006, 11:42 PM
rumors

Cptbeefheart
06-17-2006, 11:43 PM
I love Rumours! Don't hurt me please. Its kind of a guilty pleasure. But if you are gonna buy a non-Peter Green Fleetwod album, Rumours or self-titled is the way to go.

TheHeartbreaker
06-18-2006, 08:51 AM
Rumours is actually a great album, even though it is pop.

However, I'm more into the Peter Green-era Fleetwood Mac.

If you ever want a Peter Green-era Fleetwood Mac album (which is very bluesy), I'd recommend Then Play On.

There's also a stage inbetween the Peter Green-era and the more commerically well-known Stevie Nicks-era where many of the original members of the band started to leave (Peter Green left because of schizophrenia that he suffered from numerous drugs and Jeremy Spencer left in 1971 after joining the religious cult Children of God). During this time American guitarist Bob Welch joined what was, trully, become a different band every day - they were losing and gaining members very often.

However, during this time the band was able to release, what is in my opinion, a good album called Future Games, which is some-what blues-based, but leaning more towards a melodic pop due to the joining of new members, including Christie McVie.

Later, when other members, including the well-known Stevie Nicks, joined the band, they became very commercial and pop, and released one of the best-selling albums of all time - Rumours.

So, my recommendations...

Then Play On
Future Games
Rumours

There are some other albums are good, but those are the ones that, in my opinion, stand out most.

Keep in mind that you might like the pop Fleetwood Mac and detest the blues Fleetwood Mac, or you might like the blues Fleetwood Mac and detest the pop Fleetwood Mac - I honestly like both, but as I stated, I prefer the Peter Green blues era over the Stevie Nicks pop era.

If you listen to an album from each era one after the other you'll notice great differences.

Stula1031
06-18-2006, 11:07 AM
^Thanks that helped a lot.

lukef
06-18-2006, 11:18 AM
Albatross

slinks
06-18-2006, 11:41 AM
I second Then Play On, it's a great album. I'm not a fan of the Stevie Nicks-era stuff, though.

TheHeartbreaker
06-18-2006, 12:22 PM
^Thanks that helped a lot.

No problem.

Lukef mentioned "Albatross", which was Fleetwood Mac single that was released in 1968 (Peter Green-era Fleetwood Mac), and was the only Fleetwood Mac song to top the charts at #1 in the UK.

zxZoSoxz
06-18-2006, 01:57 PM
Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac
Then Play On
Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac BBC Sessions
Blues Jam In Chicago Featuring Fleetwood Mac.

I'm not a fan of the late Fleetwood Mac.
I <3 Greeny.

rds0811
06-18-2006, 02:50 PM
I have "The Dance" and it has all the Fleetwood Mac songs I really need.

Bunker
06-19-2006, 04:58 AM
I have Rumors on record... I know, they're fully outdated!! Personally though, I think Stevie Nicks Best of album is a goodie...