Lynyrd Skynyrd Reunion Tours

PDA

View Full Version : Lynyrd Skynyrd Reunion Tours

AC/DC10
06-18-2006, 12:42 AM
Anyone know if theyre any good? If I went it would be the first time seeing Skynyrd live for me, but I know that it wouldnt be as good as it would have been with the original lineup. Also, if anyone is from Kelowna do you know if The Bluff is all ages because i would like to go but i couldnt if it was 18+ or something like that. Thanks

sumfears
06-18-2006, 12:46 AM
i have a DVD with original skynyrd and reunion

sounds pretty good......there old so not alot of stage action

makeitcrynsing
06-18-2006, 12:52 AM
I saw Lynyrd Skynyrd earlier this year and they played great. Didn't sound different from the Skynyrd of old. They didn't play many songs but they did play ALL of their best ones.

GivePeasAChance
06-18-2006, 12:56 AM
I don't think they should call themselves that. They aren't Lynyrd Skynyrd.

estranged_2003
06-18-2006, 12:59 AM
i seen them on the vicious cycle tour with deep purple great night great gig.

TheHeartbreaker
06-18-2006, 08:40 AM
I saw Lynyrd Skynyrd live two years ago when they were touring with The Allman Brothers Band.

I thought Skynyrd put on a good show, but they definetly are not the band they once were.

I have a live Skynyrd album called One More From the Road, and it is amazing.

However, it was recorded back before the plane crash, so the band, at the time, consisted of its original members.

If you go see "Lynyrd Skynyrd" (if you can really call them that, now), you will more than likely have a good time.

However, if you've heard One More From the Road, or maybe any other live album of theirs where the band is in its original line-up, you might be dissapointed to find that they aren't as good.

Yet, if you choose to go you will enjoy yourself. That last paragraph wasn't meant to say that the band is bad now, but I want you to know that they aren't like they used to be.

bluesbreaker59
06-18-2006, 08:55 AM
I saw them two summers ago and it was definately worth going because it was free admission...80,000 people packed in to watch a great show. Freebird was unbelievable

waylay00
06-18-2006, 09:00 PM
Well, I happened to see the new "Lynyrd Skynyrd" and then Artimus Pyle's band (original Skynyrd drummer) all within a week.

After having seen Artimus's band, I can defintely tell that there is a riff between him and the now touring Lynyrd Skynyrd band. I remember he said, "Now this one's to Ronnie and the REAL Skynyrd" right before encoring with "Free Bird".

With that said though, I thought the new Skynyrd wasn't bad, contrary to what some believe. Johnny Van Zant looks and sounds just like his brother. Gary Rossington still has his chops too, and Bill Powell's keyboards still remain.

If you have a chance to go, I think you should attend.