Sorry for another one of my Dylan threads but I just noticed something.

PDA

View Full Version : Sorry for another one of my Dylan threads but I just noticed something.

Hauf
06-19-2006, 10:40 PM
If anyone has acess to Dylan songs, listen to these songs.

Girl from north country

and

Boots of Spanish Leather

They resemble eachother a lot don't they?

The Iron Man
06-19-2006, 10:42 PM
He has like 44 albums. Your gonna get songs that resemble each other. I dont remember which led zeppelin song, But it uses the same riff as whole lotta love.

Floyd93
06-19-2006, 10:44 PM
There's only so many notes and chords on a guitar. When you've been around as long as Bob Dylan you're going to have a few similarities.

craigr
06-19-2006, 10:49 PM
Yeah, I think that tends to happen a lot with folk songs, where different people put different lyrics to the same tune. Like Bob said before performing "Blowin' In The Wind" "It much sound like it, the way I do it, but the words are the same; thats the important thing". So I guess that the melody isn't as important as getting the message across.

Hauf
06-19-2006, 10:49 PM
Oh yeh no doubt on it will be similar. I was just saying the way he sings it and all resembles eachother almost exactley. I havent been writing all that long and I already have songs that resemble eachother a little.

I just thought it was funny because they sound so much alike.

It's like in some songs I hear by people, with certain chords progressions not frequently used by them I always hear it and think "Hey!, thats from (insert song name here)"

Floyd93
06-19-2006, 10:52 PM
^^Everyone also has a unique style and a lot of original songs are extremely similar to others.

Jesse Mrau
06-20-2006, 12:56 AM
I always found a similarity in these songs. They are in different keys, but have the same rhyming structure and finger-picking style. Both songs are quite good but my personal favorite out of the two is Boots Of Spanish Leather.
Boots Of Spanish Leather was from The Times They Are A-Changin'.
And Girl Of North Country was on The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan, and a duet with Johnny Cash of this song is on Nashville Skyline.

Clay Treznum
06-20-2006, 02:09 AM
north country blues???

Clay Treznum
06-20-2006, 02:14 AM
if so, yes

Floyd93
06-20-2006, 08:08 AM
^^:confused: What did you just say? I couldn't understand what you meant very well.