Difference between Squire-Fender?

PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Squire-Fender?

Tsuekasa
06-20-2006, 01:54 AM
I always thought they were 2 seperated companys, but i saw the "fender by squire" on a squire tele. I justu want to know the difference. Is the squire for like beginners or something :confused: , sorry im new to guitars. Thinking of gettin a Telecaster and would like some help.

vizo
06-20-2006, 01:56 AM
It's a company Fender owns. They make lower end guitars with lower quality hardware, pickups, wood ect..

ratmzep
06-20-2006, 01:57 AM
Get the squire they are like regular fenders only elite

ibanezguitars44
06-20-2006, 01:58 AM
dont get a suire. ever. no matter what. it will be worth it to spend extra on a fender. trust me. never buy squire. ever.

redwing_suck
06-20-2006, 01:59 AM
^Riiiiight....

Fender owns Squire. Fender makes quality instruments. Squire makes ****ty Fender instruments.

Tsuekasa
06-20-2006, 01:59 AM
ok cool :D

snipelfritz
06-20-2006, 02:00 AM
In conclusion, Squire is the 'budget' version of Fender. In other words, as InanezGuitars44, never buy Squier.

seltzer
06-20-2006, 02:02 AM
squire is to fender as epiphone is to gibson

TheFluffy
06-20-2006, 02:02 AM
dont get a suire. ever. no matter what. it will be worth it to spend extra on a fender. trust me. never buy squire. ever.
You are an idiot.

Squiers can be great first guitars. I bet 50% of people start with a Squier, so dont talk like everyone has tons of money to blow. What if they arnt sure they wanna play, and they spend 350 on a Fender and dont want to play anymore? Better to have spent less. I have a 20th Anniversary Strat and it plays like a dream. Thats right, i have a Squier that plays nice. I also have a Jackson RR3 and a Gibson SG Voodoo, so i know my guitars.

You are an idiot too, i dont even need to explain why.

Armored Artist
06-20-2006, 02:10 AM
The difference lies in quality of materials and craftsmanship.

redaxe
06-20-2006, 02:11 AM
squire is to fender as epiphone is to gibson

You can't make that comparison, Epiphone makes GOOD guitars. Gibsons are way too overpriced. Fenders aren't overpriced. IMO Ibanez and Gio Ibanez are also like Fender and Squire. Gio Ibanez guitars are crap, I have one. Well not crap, but ....ok...well...they're bang for the bucK! :D

TheFluffy
06-20-2006, 02:15 AM
You can't make that comparison, Epiphone makes GOOD guitars. Gibsons are way too overpriced. Fenders aren't overpriced. IMO Ibanez and Gio Ibanez are also like Fender and Squire. Gio Ibanez guitars are crap, I have one. Well not crap, but ....ok...well...they're bang for the bucK! :D
Epi makes some OK guitars(elitists) but their lower line can be outdone by an agile for the price.

Gibsons arnt overpriced. You want the best? You have to pay for it. I personally dont like Fenders at all, and ive tried lots of them. I dont think they are over priced eather, they do what they are made for. Ibanez makes great guitars, and they are nicely priced.

Armored Artist
06-20-2006, 02:24 AM
^ Not only are Gibsons overpriced, they are ridiculously overpriced. They're just not worth their prices. Btw, Gibson is far from being the best.

amazingdm
06-20-2006, 02:27 AM
I don't think Squiers would be too bad. how hard is it to file down fret ends? (im asking, not sarcasm)

you're not a pro yet so it won't matter,
some have amazing paintjobs

EmoSentinel
06-20-2006, 02:31 AM
A squier is a very basic, guiutar for beguiners, that will last about 2 months for abeguiner... then they will get pissed and not like it... its popular because this is what most shops buy as a starter pack to sell to their customers since it's not as expensive...

TheFluffy
06-20-2006, 02:53 AM
^ Not only are Gibsons overpriced, they are ridiculously overpriced. They're just not worth their prices. Btw, Gibson is far from being the best.
Of course they arnt , I forgot this is UG. UG hates Gibson. Its all opinion i suppose, but i have yet to see a better mass market les paul.
A squier is a very basic, guiutar for beguiners, that will last about 2 months for abeguiner... then they will get pissed and not like it... its popular because this is what most shops buy as a starter pack to sell to their customers since it's not as expensive...
Im playing my Squier right now, and i have a Gibson and a Jackson sitting 4 feet from me.

imapunkforlife
06-20-2006, 03:04 AM
i hav squire and a bc rich...haha sucky guitar heaven i kno...and squires do suck but they arent bad for practice i use mine at home and when im writing alone but ya i stick with the bc rich when im in front of people becuz squires to go a little down hill.. i mean i loved my strat when i bought it, it was in good shape but they die quick, the neck bowed the bottom chipped the tremelo got stuck the nobs starting constantly falling off.... anyways just buy a squire, cheap and useable just make sure u hav something better when/if u join a band

scotchtape
06-20-2006, 03:07 AM

that is one of the funniest things ive read in a long time

Cocnut Rag
06-20-2006, 03:45 AM
your better off getting a guitar from a pawnshop, you could easily find a used MIM strat or tele for the price of a squire

The UG Squirrel
06-20-2006, 04:05 AM

Squiers are not bad at all for a beginner. I've had mine for three years, and whilst I'm glad to get rid of it as my main guitar, it's been very solid. It's just the price tag that draws people to assumptions which draws them to criticisms. Yet I'm pretty sure you wouldn't find a more solid guitar for that price. Of course, there are slightly higher end Squiers, but don't get them.

Either get the cheap ones or save up. You won't regret it.

dirtyboots
06-20-2006, 04:08 AM
Who the **** gives a ****?

A guitar is a guitar. Jesus christ, why don't you have positive discussions about gear, as opposed to this dumb arguments that go nowhere.

that is one of the funniest things ive read in a long time

It wasn't ****ing funny at all, so I don't know what the hell you've been reading...

redaxe
06-20-2006, 04:16 AM
Im playing my Squier right now, and i have a Gibson and a Jackson sitting 4 feet from me.

That probably cause' you don't want to scratch your precious Gibson and Jackson. Heck, I'd sit in front of my PC with my GRX40 all day...but if I had, say an RG1570 then I'd be careful not to scratch it. :D

kelix
06-20-2006, 04:27 AM
I play a Squire 51 but I'm only a n00b so what do I know :D

It sounds pretty good to me - when I hit the right strings that is and I think it looks pretty good too :D

leaping badger
06-20-2006, 04:33 AM
I used to have a second hand squire, my first ever guitar, it sucked big hairy balls, but that was because someone had mistreated it mainly. However there were some things like the wiring that had gone a bit nasty due to poor quality, oh yeah and the pots and selector switch. I would personally stay away from them and go for something else.

Zen_Zepplin
06-20-2006, 07:13 AM
Its spelt Squier.

nachocheeez
06-20-2006, 07:31 AM
Squiers aren't all bad. I know tons of people that bag them out when they haven't even tried them. I have a high end Epi and a few days ago I went out to try a Squier Tele. I'm getting that Squier in a few weeks and I would gladly trade my Epi for it. They are good guitars. I'm not saying Fender aren't better or that Squier haven't made some bad guitars but they aren't all bad.

taper_fra_nord
06-20-2006, 07:46 AM
Stop whining about the gibsons being overprices all of you who live in the USA. YOu get it so ****ing cheap its unbelievable. In my country, a standard costs 4,000 retail, but if you're lucky, you can get one for 3,100. So shut up about gibsons being overpriced!

ScreaminBlues25
06-20-2006, 09:06 AM
My Squier Tele blows. It was a great starter guitar, but after a year or so ur gonna want to upgrade... Now I just use it to bang around and put stickers on and stuff

amazingdm
06-20-2006, 02:42 PM
Stop whining about the gibsons being overprices all of you who live in the USA. YOu get it so ****ing cheap its unbelievable. In my country, a standard costs 4,000 retail, but if you're lucky, you can get one for 3,100. So shut up about gibsons being overpriced!

quit whining
it doesn't matter how much more expensive they are in YOUR country, in our country they're still overpriced

Ippon
06-20-2006, 04:12 PM
My MIJ Squier is easily my favorite Strat, resonant Alder, fast neck, awesome tone with the Lace PUs, etc. and it was made way before I and more than 50% of UGers were sperm ... I prefer it over 2 other MIJ Fender Strats, a MIM Fender Strat, and a MIJ Schecter S-ST (Strat copy). A decent tube amp will make most firewood-type guitars sound halway decent.

Cal UK
06-20-2006, 04:15 PM
The difference lies in quality of materials and craftsmanship.

Exactly have a beer. :cheers:

ibanezguitars44
06-21-2006, 12:16 PM
[QUOTE=TheFluffy]You are an idiot.

Squiers can be great first guitars. I bet 50% of people start with a Squier, so dont talk like everyone has tons of money to blow. What if they arnt sure they wanna play, and they spend 350 on a Fender and dont want to play anymore? Better to have spent less. I have a 20th Anniversary Strat and it plays like a dream. Thats right, i have a Squier that plays nice. I also have a Jackson RR3 and a Gibson SG Voodoo, so i know my guitars.

well maybe i should have stated it differently. like, squiers are very very low quality fenders and you could get a better quality guitar for around the same price. so in my opinion, you shouldnt buy a fender.

better?