Charlie Daniels Band

PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Daniels Band

BlueOyster23
06-20-2006, 11:36 AM
Great Southern rock band, I think everyone can agree. Great fiddle s*** in alot of their music. Anyone else think so?

By the way, they performed "The Devil Went Down To Georgia"

Duane_Allman
06-20-2006, 11:44 AM
Oh hell yeah The Charlie Dainels Band is great, I especially like The Ballad of the Uneasy Rider.

BlueOyster23
06-20-2006, 11:48 AM
^Good song, good song.

I hate myself, they came to my area about a week ago, ticj=kets were $12, and I didn't go.
I did go to Styx the next day, though, but I wish I would have gotten tickets to Charlie Daniels too.

RnRGirl
06-20-2006, 11:48 AM
Great Band....

My favorite is Long-Haired Country Boy....

"People say I'm no good and crazy as a loon, cause I get drunk in the morning, I get stoned in the afternoon"

BlueOyster23
06-20-2006, 11:55 AM
^Obviously you like them, suthern rock is very popular in southern states, but also in midwestern states, like were you and I come from.

Duane_Allman
06-20-2006, 02:45 PM
Yeah, I just moved up to Seattle form Texas, and I barley hear and southern rock on the radio.

TheHeartbreaker
06-20-2006, 08:07 PM
I feel like Southern rock gets appreciation everywhere in the states.

I live in the South now, but I'm originally from New York where all of my family lives. I go visit quite often and I hear The Allman Brothers, Lynyrd Skynyrd, etc. played on the radio constantly when I'm there.

Besides that, The Allman Brothers Band have an annual two-week stay at The Beacon Theatre in the City.

With that, some of the guys I know on the site from Jersey and such love The Allman Brothers.

Maybe Southern rock is played more often in the South, but I think it's appreciated everywhere - atleast in the States.

freewheelinbird
06-20-2006, 08:15 PM
duh there's a reason it's called southern rock

would anybody trade me some albums by them? (no greatest hits please)

TheHeartbreaker
06-20-2006, 08:28 PM
^^Well it's called Southern rock because that's where the band is from.

Sometimes you consider bands Southern rock because of sound - take Credeence Clearwater Revival, for instance. People consider them Southern rock, even though they're actually from California.

freewheelinbird
06-20-2006, 10:00 PM
^^Well it's called Southern rock because that's where the band is from.

Sometimes you consider bands Southern rock because of sound - take Credeence Clearwater Revival, for instance. People consider them Southern rock, even though they're actually from California.

i think it's more about the sound

lynyrd skynyrd wouldn't be southern rock if they were straight out of alabama, playing fall out boy would they?

southern rock is called southern rock because, originally, it came from the south. and that sound that came from the south became southern rock. thus, if you sounded like it, you'd be considered southern rock, no matter where you came from, i think

and for the record, i'd consider CCR more country-rock :)

TheHeartbreaker
06-20-2006, 10:10 PM
^^Yeah, I honestly don't think it's fair to classify a band or not classify a band as Southern rock based upon where they are from, but generally bands from the South - especially the Deep South, tend to be Southern rock bands.

These bands, include, as you said, Lynyrd Skynyrd, who are from Alabama.

Then there are bands who are from the South, such as The Charlie Daniels Band, who were formed in Wilmington, North Carolina.

The Allman Brothers Band are sort of a mix between the two, being based out of Macon Georgia, but forming out of Jacksonville, Florida.

freewheelinbird
06-20-2006, 10:14 PM
^ right.

so how bout those album trades??

freewheelinbird
06-20-2006, 10:15 PM
^ right.

so how bout those album trades??

TheHeartbreaker
06-20-2006, 10:19 PM
Are you talking to me?

freewheelinbird
06-21-2006, 11:53 AM
anybody

TheHeartbreaker
06-21-2006, 02:51 PM
Alright - I'm willing to trade some albums.

Just PM me for more details.

rocknroll blues
06-21-2006, 03:56 PM
As long as we're talking about southern rock, I remember Gregg Allman saying once (I forget in what context... some interview) that he didn't understand the title "southern rock," because rock comes from blues, and blues comes from the south, so really "southern rock" is just like saying "rock rock."

Or something like that.

TheHeartbreaker
06-21-2006, 07:16 PM
^^That makes perfect sense, actually.

However, there's different types of blues - it originated in the South, but look at how many types of blues there are - delta-blues, Chicago-blues, country-blues, British-blues, etc.

However, as you (well, Gregg) stated, blues originated in the South.

That's probably why you see most Southern rock bands incorporating blues into their music more than other bands.