Worst Acoustic Guitar you have ever played.

PDA

View Full Version : Worst Acoustic Guitar you have ever played.

Zeppelin08
06-22-2006, 10:40 PM
What's the worst acoustic guitar you have ever played?

I would have to say an Esteban guitar, you know the the ones that that guy on TV sells. My friend for some reason was stupid enough to buy one. It was horrible, I think it was made out of plywood, the tone was very mediocore. But the worst part was the action on it, I swear the action on that Esteban guitar was higher then a bunch of Deadheads in an old VW Bus.

ShutDown785
06-22-2006, 10:44 PM
Mine.
Harmony Hollywood. Stripped of original pickups, tuners and tailpiece. It hasent had a new set of strings since i've seen it and the dirt on the neck is probably an 8th of an inch thick. I really hate that thing, but I bet a nice restoration job would do it justice.

AthenasGhost
Only played one acoustic in my life, it's the one I own.... Its a samich, greg bennet design, VERY nice for a 400$ guitar.

pollodiablo
the worst i have ever played was the little toy guitars they have at target for 4 yearolds. the accordions, on the other hand, are very entertaining.

RainMustFall
06-22-2006, 10:45 PM
My friend's old one, which is so totally old and abused, the E string is broken, etc.

donkeypunch
06-22-2006, 10:46 PM
my first guitar i ever had. a 1970 harmony, action was rediculous found it in my basement. mom used it for lesons when she was 15

G-Rock
06-22-2006, 10:46 PM
Honestly, a First Act.
The lowest action you can get off of that thing is like two inches from the fretboard. It's ridiculous

FanksGuv
06-22-2006, 10:49 PM
some first act guitar that came from wallmart. The action from the box could make a persons fingers bleed.

Aftter-Forever
06-22-2006, 10:50 PM
mine is a ****ty Ritmuller that i got from a drug store.
the action is over 1 centimiter (seriously) th eneck is as think as a log, and to top it off, its not even wood...its plactic or a combination of wood/plastic that is PAINTED like wood
it sounds ****ty too, even wiht good strings

GsKoRn1
06-22-2006, 10:55 PM
the worst i have ever played was the little toy guitars they have at target for 4 yearolds.

HAHAHA same here. God those thing suck but you cant help it when you see one you have to try to play it what?s even worse is the fact they have plastic strings:D i can totally see some one rock out on one of those:headbang:

O and as a side note i have a firstact and the action Isn?t that high but it still is a crappy guitar

hoobariffer87
06-22-2006, 10:55 PM
I would have to say an Esteban guitar, you know the the ones that that guy on TV sells. My friend for some reason was stupid enough to buy one. It was horrible, I think it was made out of plywood, the tone was very mediocore. But the worst part was the action on it, I swear the action on that Esteban guitar was higher then a bunch of heads in an old VW Bus.

A friend of mine has one of those.
The action on his was really nice (better than my Washburn), but the tone was really mediocre, like you said. They're good beginner guitars, since they're inexpensive and easy to play. Newbies won't notice/care about tone, anyway.

atee
06-22-2006, 10:56 PM
Here there're 'disposable' guitars - going for $50 first hand. Extremely high action, bad sound, comes with bad strings.

danilo19
06-22-2006, 10:56 PM
my esteban guitar. first acoustic i ever got. i rarely play it anymore but when i do it ****s my fingers.

kpasa01
06-23-2006, 02:20 AM
The worse I ever played would be my friends Grand. The action on it was high as sh*t and to make it even worse, if you possibly could, he put 13's on it. I swear, I felt like I was developing carpel tunnel every time I picked it up.

fsb_ben
06-23-2006, 02:48 AM
Only played one acoustic in my life, it's the one I own.... Its a samich, greg bennet design, VERY nice for a 400$ guitar.

Dood u mean Samick.

A samich is like.. peanut butter and jelly samich.

Young Hippy
06-23-2006, 09:08 AM
some first act guitar that came from wallmart. The action from the box could make a persons fingers bleed.
Will you explain to me what action is?

jimtaka
06-23-2006, 10:49 AM
Dood u mean Samick.

A samich is like.. peanut butter and jelly samich.

hahaha man that is exactly what i was thinking. i swear you are a mind reader sometimes. did you see that thread in the pit about peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches also? that's what made me think about it. and also... it's greg bennett.

it's the distance between the strings and the fingerboard.

AngilasGuy
06-24-2006, 03:36 AM
A virtually no-name brand guitar that a family friend gave us cause he collected 100 beer send-in points. He didn't want it so we gave him a 6-pack for the guitar.
We used it as decoration piece in the music room, since the back split in under 2 weeks, plus the action was like ****ing 5 inches -_-.

sandwich_man
06-24-2006, 12:29 PM

Action is the height of the strings off the fretboard. A good action is not too high, but not so low as to cause the strings to rattle against the frets.

Guitarist132
06-24-2006, 12:34 PM
My friends, i have no idea what it was, when i looked at it i thought it was going to be one of those wind up guitars that play a pre-set tune

Calum_Barrow
06-24-2006, 12:36 PM
what?s even worse is the fact they have plastic strings:D i can totally see some one rock out on one of those:headbang:
Lots of guitars have nylons strings.... have you never seen anyone play classical on a guitar before? ALL classical guitars have nylon strings...

eckmann88
06-24-2006, 12:39 PM
my friend's guitar.... the action was seriously like four and a half inches.... i just pretended it was a fretless bass and i managed to get some powerchords out on it......

GsKoRn1
06-24-2006, 03:16 PM
Lots of guitars have nylons strings.... have you never seen anyone play classical on a guitar before? ALL classical guitars have nylon strings...

No not Nylon (I know nylon) I mean plastic the strings are made out of the same material as the guitar its self.

daver869
07-07-2006, 03:06 PM
Action is the height of the strings off the fretboard. A good action is not too high, but not so low as to cause the strings to rattle against the frets.
is 4mm off the fretboard too high?

OddOneOut
07-08-2006, 11:28 AM
My friend's guitar. It came from Argos, I have no idea what the body is made of (it doesn't sound like wood) and the action is nearing 1cm. It's also a dreadnought (don't like the sound of dreadnoughts) so the body is too big for me. It just sounds terrible and is too hard to play.
I notice that it's always the friends that have the crappy guitars :P

onlyunplugged
07-08-2006, 11:51 AM
Like erverybody else, a buddy's guitar (Not like mine would suck) it was made of plastic and just had the worst, dullest tone I've ever heard. I have no idea of the brand, probably came from walmart. of course the strings were some $5 DiAddario's that sounded like crap so that was not helping the case

sebi_laf
07-08-2006, 07:09 PM
worst guitar ever .....an old kids are us guitar my dad bought my brother coasted 50 bucks! i have a gutiar which i bought in argentina called a gracia payed 50 dollars for it and its a lot better than some fender acoustics ive played

FunFuBarMan
07-08-2006, 09:25 PM
AN old Superior*sp*

RHCPKicksA$$
07-08-2006, 11:26 PM
my POS acoustic with the strings 3/4 of an inch off the string and no way to adjust the action. It was given to me (kind of) so thank god i didn't pick it out.
That's probably why I play a lot more electric than acoustic...

Uziel126
07-09-2006, 11:33 AM
I don't know what brand it was (or whether it was even branded) but my friend found a guitar at the basement of a condominium, it was fine except that there was no way to tune the guitar... Catch my drift?

kev_dunn
07-09-2006, 12:18 PM
i played some Squier acoustic in Sam Goody one time....i dont remember now how it sounded, but it was like playing razor blades

CorduroyEW
07-09-2006, 01:39 PM
The worst sounding guitar was a samick but I am of the opinion that the Martin X series guitars are the worst in the world. Not because of sound. It's because of durability and materials used. These guitars sound pretty good but are horribly constructed, so they fall apart. I hate them!

Iluvpowerchords
07-09-2006, 02:03 PM
Yeah well I played an Esteban once.

I know, I nearly died from blood loss.