Regarding Accpeted/Rejected Contributions

PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Accpeted/Rejected Contributions

TheCatInTheHat
06-26-2006, 11:58 AM
Can someone explain to me how contributions are decided? I submitted the chords to 10 songs last night and only 2 were accepted. This is very discouraging since I put a lot of effort into my work and would like to share them with everyone who wants to learn the songs. I also use live videos as a reference to verify my work so that I am not posting junk chords. What is even more frustrating is the fact that the chords/tabs that are currently available on this site are either completely wrong or only half right. Oddly enough, one of the contributions that was accepted was initially rejected a few months ago.

I apologize if this sounds as though I am doing nothing but complaining. I would just like to know if there is a standard for accepting contributions and what I could possibly do to meet it.

shugo449
06-26-2006, 12:08 PM
Well, first, they have to be accurate. Also they cant already have a lot of that song on the site. Also, i think they know if you sopied it off another tab at the site. You also need to make it easy to read and understand.

Bull5 on Parade
06-26-2006, 12:12 PM
ya...i was wonderin to... cuz i tabbed an ORIGINAL and ACCURATE tab of two different songs and bother were rejected???

TheCatInTheHat
06-26-2006, 12:20 PM
Well, first, they have to be accurate. Also they cant already have a lot of that song on the site. Also, i think they know if you sopied it off another tab at the site. You also need to make it easy to read and understand.
I've met all those requirements. I think there might have been at most 3 versions of one song already but they were either wrong or somewhat correct. I don't think that is a factor because the one contribution that was accepted and previously denied had 9 versions and now has 10.

I'm not trying to come off as an elitist because I've only been playing for 2 years and have much to learn. I just want to provide the actual versions of the songs for everyone to play.

jof1029
06-26-2006, 02:17 PM
you said that you posted the chords. does that mean that you included the lyrics in the chord tab? because if you did then that could be the reason for not being accpeted. lyrics are copyrighted and UG tries not to post them so it doesnt get in legal trouble. obviously some of them get through and such, but im pretty sure they are trying to cut down on having lyrics.

TheCatInTheHat
06-26-2006, 02:22 PM
I type the chords above the lyrics in all of my contributions including the two that were accepted.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/k/kelly_clarkson/breakaway_ver10_crd.htm
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/o/oasis/be_here_now_crd.htm

Are you sure they are limiting work with lyrics? I see tabs/chords being posted everyday which contain complete lyrics. They should add something on the submit page if this is true.

shugo449
06-26-2006, 02:55 PM
Well, i dont know. Go to contact at the bottom of any page and you can email them to ask them why.

shugo449
06-26-2006, 03:11 PM
By the way, this happens to me everyday.

FatKidsOnMopeds</3
06-26-2006, 03:14 PM
I accepted a tab with the name "Acoustic" in the name and it was rejected. There are acoustic versions of songs. Sometimes they are played different from the electric version. I don't think this is a valid reason for rejection. I know the tab is correct (cause I did it, pshh.) and there aren't many versions of the song. So was it rejected for that reason? And if it was I think that needs to be changedddd.

TheCatInTheHat
06-29-2006, 12:53 AM
Well, i dont know. Go to contact at the bottom of any page and you can email them to ask them why.
I tried and no one responded.

TheCatInTheHat
07-07-2006, 08:32 PM
It's been a week and I tried submitting my work again but it was still rejected. As I said earlier, of all the 15 chords there are only 3-5 current contributions for a few songs and moreover, my work is correct (or at least moreso than the ones available) so this eliminates the rejections due to accuracy and amount of versions. I also submitted a Contact Us request on two separate occasions but never received a response. I?d like to know exactly what I am doing wrong and what I can do to rectify it.

TheCatInTheHat
10-19-2006, 06:59 PM
It's still happening. Does anyone know what I can do?

TheCatInTheHat
10-24-2006, 07:18 PM
18 chords submitted and all were denied but I only received an e-mail notification for one. There are at most 3 or 4 versions for a few of them and some are either completely wrong or half right so it isn?t a question of accuracy. Either the admins on here hate me or it's some cruel joke.

kirbyrocknroll
10-24-2006, 08:34 PM
Stop bumping your thread. PM Dyuha.

TheCatInTheHat
10-24-2006, 08:42 PM
I'm not bumping. I'm posting in hopes that some admin will see this since I PMed Dyuha before and got nowhere. I'll do it again anyway.