Rush

PDA

View Full Version : Rush

rayIII
06-26-2006, 08:28 PM
wtf.... is anyone else getting a ****ed up response when trying to go to the other one? well... start over (when the previous one gets workin I'll delete this thread)

Geddy up!

http://fusionanomaly.net/geddyalexjrhigh.jpg

god they look like such freaks :haha

Jesse Mrau
06-26-2006, 08:39 PM
Well, you can completely tell thats Geddy :haha

Johnsonville
06-26-2006, 08:39 PM
Geddy is in da housei reckon if he was raised now adays he would of been a wigger

Maet
06-26-2006, 08:52 PM
I thought you meant nonsensical posts, but upon checking there... what is up with that?

TheHeartbreaker
06-26-2006, 09:20 PM
To be honest, Geddy looks like a convicted child molesting, Ku Klux Klan redneck...

In that picture, of course. :)

rayIII
06-26-2006, 09:48 PM
they look so weird (specially Alex, looks like a doll that kills people at night)

THEY'RE OUR AGE!! :eek:

so everyone post pics of Geddy :haha

http://www.musicintheabstract.org/rush-oddities/images/Geddy-7-2005.jpg
http://www.cathedralstone.net/Pics/Rush2a.jpg
:haha:haha:haha
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Underground/6756/geddy3.jpg
http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/images/rush_lee78.jpg
tat bass is teh pwnzage

as you can tell I feel stupid or somethin tonight

Derigiberble
06-27-2006, 11:14 AM
^^^ Are you drunk?

Joe-Fish
06-28-2006, 01:37 PM
I want that bass that thing is t3h sw33tn3ss. what year were those pictures of Geddy and Alex?

me_and_my_esp
06-28-2006, 02:04 PM
hahaha Alex looks like a mix of young Manny Legace and young Chris Osgood

LMAO

Manny and Chris are Red Wings goalies btw

but Rush, man, they are one of my fav bands. hmm... top 7 probably. i love their style... as well as Geddy's voice though that took some getting used to :p:

distilledspirit
06-28-2006, 03:42 PM
http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/4715/geddymain0kx.jpg

BrainDamage
06-28-2006, 09:47 PM
I want that bass that thing is t3h sw33tn3ss. He has two doubleneck basses...a bass/6 string guitar and a bass/12 string guitar :liplick:

:eek: it's 80s Mullet Lifeson!
http://www.80srockphotos.com/Rock_Stars/Alex_Lifeson01.jpg

rayIII
06-28-2006, 10:15 PM
yeah... so anyone have the new dvd(s)?

what's your favorite?

(and I'm sorry to hear about your hard drive BrainDamage :eek: )

^^^ Are you drunk?
no, just every once in a while I feel the urge to bombard you all with nonsensicle posts

BrainDamage
06-28-2006, 10:23 PM
(and I'm sorry to hear about your hard drive BrainDamage :eek: )
eh, it's old news...I've tried to move on :p: I have gotten a few shows back in lossless quality, and once a friend of mine gets back from vacation, I should get all my Aerosmith back and then some.

I have Replay x3...I watched Exit...Stage Left, which was amazing, but haven't watched A Show of Hands or the Grace Under Pressure DVD yet.

Maet
06-28-2006, 10:46 PM
no, just every once in a while I feel the urge to bombard you all with nonsensicle posts

I think you just stole my word.... bastard...

I have R30 and Rush in Rio, and I hope to pick up the two box set tomorrow. R30 is my favourite though. I just love the medelys.

TheHeartbreaker
06-29-2006, 09:21 AM
I just picked up the R30 album and thought it was pretty awesome.

Anybody else own it/seen it? Thoughts, comments...

BrainDamage
06-29-2006, 09:29 AM
^^great live DVD. The R30 Medley is awesome.

TheHeartbreaker
06-29-2006, 03:45 PM
^^Yeah, I really enjoy it.

I find the video they play on the screen after The Seeker, and is meant to flow into Tom Sawyer is awesome and quite funny.

Maet
06-29-2006, 03:52 PM
"Darn That Dragon" is what it's called. Great segway.

TheHeartbreaker
06-29-2006, 04:04 PM
I wonder if they have any of those bobble-heads for sale...

BrainDamage
06-29-2006, 08:47 PM
^^I haven't watched the whole Darn That Dragon, but the bobbleheads bobbing in sync with Tom Sawyer is awesome :haha

TheHeartbreaker
06-29-2006, 08:59 PM
^^Oh, well I'd highly recommend the video to you - you would thoroughly enjoy it.

Maet
06-29-2006, 10:47 PM
The first time youtube has been useful (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s9aXvMpbNA&search=darn%20that%20dragon)

BrainDamage
06-29-2006, 10:51 PM
^^Oh, well I'd highly recommend the video to you - you would thoroughly enjoy it. I have R30, I just haven't bothered watching it. And even though Maet provided a link to it, I'm not going to pause the music I'm listening to :)

Maet
06-30-2006, 01:02 AM
The first time I went to the trouble of using youtube for someone else, and no one appreciates it. :sad:

Fuck you, free online video.

BrainDamage
06-30-2006, 08:50 AM
^^ :p: alright, I'll go watch it.

TheHeartbreaker
06-30-2006, 09:06 AM
^^good.

heaven's gate
07-01-2006, 10:21 PM
rush is terrible. instrumentals too thick, vocals too thin. TOO thin. WAY TOO thin

Derigiberble
07-02-2006, 07:19 AM
rush is terrible. instrumentals too thick, vocals too thin. TOO thin. WAY TOO thin

You're a dick. :)

rayIII
07-02-2006, 11:39 AM
The first time I went to the trouble of using youtube for someone else, and no one appreciates it. :sad:

Fuck you, free online video.
haha luckily Southern Man just finished so I can listen to it :haha

EDIT: what in the HELL did I just watch?!? :haha

lmao Rush are such nerds (sorry but you know it's true)

Brandon860
07-02-2006, 01:17 PM

you my friend are a complete ****ing idiot

Schizoid_Man
07-02-2006, 02:23 PM
What album do you guys reccomend to get first?

Maet
07-02-2006, 03:00 PM
Yeah, Rush really are the ultimate nerd band. They certainly aren't the most photogenic people in the world, and they write songs about trees and interstellar galactic federations for christs sakes!

Just goes to show you that if you're addicted to WoW, and can play the drums like a techincal beast, you can still make it.

And in terms of recommendations for a first Rush album, you can't go wrong with Moving Pictures, A Farewell To Kings or Vapor Trails.

VR05
07-02-2006, 05:17 PM
Just goes to show you that if you're addicted to WoW, and can play the drums like a techincal beast, you can still make it.

Hahahaha, it's so true, though. Neil Peart pretty much read any book he could on his free time.

But my #1 recommendation would be 2112, I absolutely love that album, it's my favorite Rush album, easily.

TestForEcho
07-02-2006, 06:45 PM
Rush are one of the few bands that when I'm listening I will suddenly be overcome with thoughts of, "This is amazing. Oh my God music is such a beautiful art."

Everyone post your best Rush pictures. :cool:

I figured since this is a Geddy thread:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/lakesidemaiden/Geddy/post-108-1091549331.jpg

me_and_my_esp
07-03-2006, 11:52 AM
^ nice pic ;)

I LOVE THAT BASS. RICKENBACKER IS THE KING OF ALL GUITARS/BASSES. really comfortable to play too :p:

IMO, Rush is one of the most talented bands out there. Geddy and Neil especially. I think of Neil's drumming style as a hybrid between Kieth Moon, Bohnam, and... lets say Baker. He can go COMPLETELY nuts with the whole machine gun drumming, as I call it, but can still have an organized, hard beat like Bohnam and Baker.

For bass, i like to actually hear the bass, so Geddy kicks ass. I love bass as an intrument cause it can completely dominate a song, but it doesnt have to. In order for somebody to dominate a song in bass, however, you need to be extremely talented and not just do A A A A A A A A D D D D D D D D G G G G G G G G A A A A A . John Entwistle can, and so can Geddy.

Alex, meh, he's good and all, but in a band with people like geddy and neil... I'd like to see more of him. he's talented, also, but i feel that he gets overshadowed sometimes by geddy's synths in songs. The synth work is great, but cmon. Thats why i like early Rush b4 geddy discovered synth

ok rant over. enjoy it?

Lydian_Mode
07-03-2006, 03:42 PM
Darn that Dragon was great. And so is rush. MY two favorite albums are Moving Pictures and 2112

Maet
07-03-2006, 04:22 PM
^ nice pic ;)

I LOVE THAT BASS. RICKENBACKER IS THE KING OF ALL GUITARS/BASSES. really comfortable to play too :p:

IMO, Rush is one of the most talented bands out there. Geddy and Neil especially. I think of Neil's drumming style as a hybrid between Kieth Moon, Bohnam, and... lets say Baker. He can go COMPLETELY nuts with the whole machine gun drumming, as I call it, but can still have an organized, hard beat like Bohnam and Baker.

For bass, i like to actually hear the bass, so Geddy kicks ass. I love bass as an intrument cause it can completely dominate a song, but it doesnt have to. In order for somebody to dominate a song in bass, however, you need to be extremely talented and not just do A A A A A A A A D D D D D D D D G G G G G G G G A A A A A . John Entwistle can, and so can Geddy.

Alex, meh, he's good and all, but in a band with people like geddy and neil... I'd like to see more of him. he's talented, also, but i feel that he gets overshadowed sometimes by geddy's synths in songs. The synth work is great, but cmon. Thats why i like early Rush b4 geddy discovered synth

ok rant over. enjoy it?

Vapor Trails (2002) doesn't have a synth on it. ;)

me_and_my_esp
07-03-2006, 05:01 PM
well, I think you know what I mean ;)