Rodger Waters is a bad boy

PDA

View Full Version : Rodger Waters is a bad boy

Stula1031
06-27-2006, 12:27 PM
http://electronicintifada.net/v2/article4831.shtml

Hmm he seems a little old to still be doing these things lmao

But I think its cool that he goes out and says whats on his mind and protests.

TheHeartbreaker
06-27-2006, 12:31 PM
I believe that Waters is "fighting" for a great cause here - I support what he's doing.

TheFlammableCow
06-27-2006, 12:39 PM
I find it kinda funny that he quoted himself there, but still... Good effort to actually get out and go to places you want to help.

trey-col89
06-27-2006, 12:55 PM
Yeah.... I actually think the fact that he quoted one of his own lyrics is kind of lame, but the cause is good.

Super_Sexy_Owen
06-28-2006, 08:35 AM
ya, i think that's actually pretty cool

maXterbat0r
06-28-2006, 08:46 AM
I always imagined Waters with a rounder head....

personally, I don't have a side in the west bank thing, mainly because I don't fully understand it.

stonegolem13
06-28-2006, 11:15 AM
I believe that Waters is "fighting" for a great cause here - I support what he's doing.

Me too, I think the whole Israeli/Arab segregation is just stupid (why separate people?)

Also it's Roger Waters (no d) ;)

Muaddib
06-28-2006, 11:42 AM
That is sweet and really appropriate. He got balls.

Am actually happy that he used quotes. The Wall wasnt written for the palestinian segregation. It was originally regarding a state of mind, regarding society extreme invidualism and to some extent, the Berlin wall of course.

The quotes here are a way to present how history is repeating itself in a retarded way and how humankind is simply not learning from past mistakes.

Either way, am going to see Waters in september in Montreal, soo... woot!

Muaddib
06-28-2006, 11:51 AM
I always imagined Waters with a rounder head....

personally, I don't have a side in the west bank thing, mainly because I don't fully understand it.

Israel is building a wall to seperate palestinians with the reasoning that it will stop terrorists attacks on them. Problem is, palestinians have been struggling for ages to draw frontiers for their people, see Arafat and such. Second problem is, the said palestinian territories are spreaded all over the place. So the wall theyre building is cutting off villages, families, relatives, workers and so on.

Third problem is israel leaders are building small colonies on palestinian territories to slowly but surely chase em off.

The end result is an escalating anger from both sides, an uproar in violence and the said wall is just the tip of the iceberg.

Tried my best even tho i could really explain it all better in french... ;)

Cpt.Jackass
06-28-2006, 12:01 PM
Its good he's fighting for what he believes in, whether or not he quotes himself, it's still a great thing to do, and is better than doing nothing at all.

greenbottlecap
06-28-2006, 12:09 PM
yeah, its great of him to do that. and i think its cool that he quoted himself. puts more meaning is his own words and makes you think more about the songs.

BlueOyster23
06-28-2006, 12:17 PM
Israel is building a wall to seperate palestinians with the reasoning that it will stop terrorists attacks on them. Problem is, palestinians have been struggling for ages to draw frontiers for their people, see Arafat and such. Second problem is, the said palestinian territories are spreaded all over the place. So the wall theyre building is cutting off villages, families, relatives, workers and so on.

Third problem is israel leaders are building small colonies on palestinian territories to slowly but surely chase em off.

The end result is an escalating anger from both sides, an uproar in violence and the said wall is just the tip of the iceberg.

Tried my best even tho i could really explain it all better in french... ;)

Exactly, one of those things that can be argueed both ways.