Deep Purple... now or then???

PDA

View Full Version : Deep Purple... now or then???

omatuka
06-27-2006, 12:50 PM
I've seen deep purple 3 times this year, once in Belgium, once in England and once in Holland... every time i came to da same conclusion: steve morse rocks!!! but richie blackmore has something he doesn't... i don't which one of them is the best... what do you think??

Master Shake
06-30-2006, 06:36 AM
I think DP today doesnt exsist its a parody. I'm not a big fan of Morse but thats only becuase I dont like his style much (country jazz shred??) but I admit he is good but geez Rapture was just so bad and its kinda annoying how much Morse kisses Ian's ass (and Gillan loves it). I personaly think Morse is better outside of the banana boys, but all his solos are practicaly the same. (PS RiTchie) and yes I think Blackers is the best by far he is just completely underated IMO however I dont think Ritchie really showed his full potential until his Rainbow project from the 70's. I have seen DP once this year and I doubt I will go again.

TheHeartbreaker
06-30-2006, 09:12 AM
I've never seen or heard the "now" Deep Purple, but honestly, I think that the band is much without Blackmore.

I've heard Morse is a great guitarist, but the band isn't the same without Ritchie.

I definetly choose the "then" Deep Purple (in any of its "then" forms) over the "now" Deep Purple.

skateguitar7654
06-30-2006, 09:13 AM
Yeah, agreed.

Duane_Allman
06-30-2006, 11:24 AM
My dad said that they would play concerts so loud, that the amps would overheat and expolde.

70'sdude
06-30-2006, 11:27 AM
^^Doubt it.

Ritchie Blackmore all the way.

TheHeartbreaker
06-30-2006, 12:25 PM
My dad said that they would play concerts so loud, that the amps would overheat and expolde.

:haha :haha :haha

Yeah, I doubt it, too.

Paddles
06-30-2006, 12:53 PM
Ian Gillan's voice is crappy and nasal these days, and I hate Steve Morse. I'll take "then", please.

Duane_Allman
06-30-2006, 01:14 PM
Well not explode but the cabs would over heat, and the speakers would blow, then they would have to take a break and get new cabs on the stage.

Master Shake
06-30-2006, 07:54 PM

the time i know they actualy 'exploded' was at cali jam when they poured fule all over it and yes that one exploded (I think he used a bit to much :p: ) and then Ritchie threw it off stage. DP just doesnt have classic moments like that anymore. They were rated the loudest band in the world for a while there though with out being plain stupid like Oasis 132 dB :(

distilledspirit
06-30-2006, 08:05 PM
I'm living to see the day where no one uses the word "da" in place of "the."

Anyway, Steve Morse is a great guitarists but I love Blackmore, he just gives Deep Purple what their all about. He created it.

JimmyPageda2nd
06-30-2006, 08:58 PM
I'm living to see the day where no one uses the word "da" in place of "the."

Anyway, Steve Morse is a great guitarists but I love Blackmore, he just gives Deep Purple what their all about. He created it.

Exactly. Deep Purple just doesn't give that same vibe they used to with Ritchie.

Danne55
07-02-2006, 12:12 PM
the time i know they actualy 'exploded' was at cali jam when they poured fule all over it and yes that one exploded (I think he used a bit to much :p: ) and then Ritchie threw it off stage. DP just doesnt have classic moments like that anymore. They were rated the loudest band in the world for a while there though with out being plain stupid like Oasis 132 dB :(

yep it can be seen on the concert "California Jam"

And the "then" DP is waaay better than now

Hanzi_G
07-02-2006, 05:14 PM

Yeah, not surprising, considering they held the record for loudest band on the planet.

Danne55
07-04-2006, 10:47 AM
^^ But that was back in the early and mid-70s :p:

Kadaj
07-04-2006, 10:53 AM
One 'then' please.

Blackmore IS Deep Purple.

JethroTullfan72
07-04-2006, 01:11 PM
Then
When Ian Gillian had an amazing voice. Now its no where near as good.