The Classic Rock Fact Thread

PDA

View Full Version : The Classic Rock Fact Thread

Sqeeezie
06-29-2006, 01:26 PM
Here is a thread where we can post all the facts we know but have never had a chance to tell. Or just tell your facts again. This should brighten noobs hearts with joy and knowledge that only a select few of high school teachers could know!

Ill start us off.

On Jerry Garcia's right hand, his middle finger was cut at the kunckle, this was the result of a wood chopping accident in which he was holding the wood and his brother missed the wood and chopped of his finger.
As you can see here:

http://images.buymusichere.net/images/bmh/32/08122780632.jpg

igotabcrich32
06-29-2006, 01:38 PM
Uhh. heres one, in 1970 when Emerson Lake and Palmer was in the works as a band Greg Lake had offered Hendrix a spot in the band, but it was only talk and then when it was supposed to happen Hendrix had died, imagine H-E-L-P?

Maet
06-29-2006, 02:13 PM
In 2006, random Classic Rock facts have little, if any, precedence in the real world. Least of all on the internet.

psychodelia
06-29-2006, 03:39 PM
Uhh. heres one, in 1970 when Emerson Lake and Palmer was in the works as a band Greg Lake had offered Hendrix a spot in the band, but it was only talk and then when it was supposed to happen Hendrix had died, imagine H-E-L-P?

I read that somewhere, I don't know if it's true or not... it would probably have been a very short-lived supergroup, with Kieth Emerson probably clashing with Hendrix. And who knows what direction they would have gone in... but I admit, it would've probably produced some cool stuff.