Guns N Roses and Flattened tuning

PDA

View Full Version : Guns N Roses and Flattened tuning

Bossman123
07-02-2006, 11:48 AM
Iv always wondered why it is that all Guns n Roses songs are played a half step down. this really annoys me because i play a Strat with a tremolo bridge, this makes it really difficult to tune my guitar down, so can anyone tell me why do guns n roses play everything a half step down???

Kymble
07-02-2006, 11:51 AM
cos they like the sound.

im_atheist
07-02-2006, 11:51 AM
i have a strat' with a tremelo bridge
wtf you on about "hard to down tune"
loser

Guitarplaya27
07-02-2006, 11:53 AM
the reason they do it is o axel can sing better, becaus eit is harder ot sing on regualr tuning then half step,
so axel doenst sress his voice

Bossman123
07-02-2006, 11:53 AM
i have a strat' with a tremelo bridge
wtf you on about "hard to down tune"
loser

Screw you bitch!!!!!!!!!! :devil: :devil: :devil:

It's hard to tune down because when you change the tuning of the E or A string the whole guitar goes out of tune

Izz
07-02-2006, 11:56 AM
the reason they do it is o axel can sing better, becaus eit is harder ot sing on regualr tuning then half step,

Isn't it the opposite? It sounds scheisse to play regular tuning with Axl's voice?
Maybe you're right at least it has something to do with his singing...
Why is it hard to tune it down?... It's a guitar not drums.

toad89
07-02-2006, 01:29 PM

Spell his freaking name right

bangoodcharlote
07-02-2006, 01:30 PM
Why is it hard to tune it down? The tension in the springs goes to hell when you tune down. It happens to me too.

You can just play their songs in standard with your band or move everything down a fret and sound like them.