what song is this?

PDA

View Full Version : what song is this?

Punk as atticus
07-08-2006, 12:20 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2930098666552753707&q=many+guitar+solos+by+popular+artists

about 7 minutes into the video there's a steve vai song, i've looked everywhere but i can't seem to find out what song it is, what is it?
thanks a lot

waylay00
07-08-2006, 12:26 AM
Well, the song playing at 7 minutes is "Always With You, Always With Me" (black and white video) by Joe Satriani. The next piece (the one from Crossroads with Ralph Machio) is part of Paganini's 5th Caprice, played by Steve Vai, but that isn't one of his songs. Keep in mind that Vai actually "played" the parts for Ralph Machio during the filming, and Ralph just imitated playing.

Punk as atticus
07-08-2006, 12:27 AM
yeah i was meaning the black and white video, thanks a lot

waylay00
07-08-2006, 12:28 AM
Yeah, that's Joe Satriani, back when he had hair. :p:

Punk as atticus
07-08-2006, 12:41 AM
ooohhooo yeah hahaha didn't even recognize him holy ****, i've seen pics of him w/hair but my God, i did not realize that. thanks a lot damn i look like a jackass right now

SnowballofDoom
07-08-2006, 12:42 AM
Well, the song playing at 7 minutes is "Always With You, Always With Me" (black and white video) by Joe Satriani. The next piece (the one from Crossroads with Ralph Machio) is part of Paganini's 5th Caprice, played by Steve Vai, but that isn't one of his songs. Keep in mind that Vai actually "played" the parts for Ralph Machio during the filming, and Ralph just imitated playing.

The Vai song is a Vai song actually, called Eugene's Trickbag. Vai wrote it to include that section of the 5th Caprice.

It's on his Elusive Light and Sound vol. 1 album.