cacophony songs w/o sweep picking

PDA

View Full Version : cacophony songs w/o sweep picking

nomadic_sinner
07-10-2006, 08:13 PM
canu guys tell me about some cacophony songs that are fast but arent all sweep picking? i dont really like that much sweep picking

garden of grey
07-10-2006, 08:26 PM
none of their songs are "all" sweep picking

Evil_Empire24-7
07-10-2006, 08:31 PM
well jason becker must sweep in every song so there r no songs without sweeping.

VaiSatchLaiho
07-10-2006, 08:45 PM
If you like Jason Becker, but not sweep picking, you most likely have a conflict of interests. Anyways, "Air" on Perpetual Burn MIGHT not have sweeping. Good luck.

splice
07-10-2006, 09:20 PM
dude sweep picking is the shiz

Beckerism
07-10-2006, 09:32 PM
I don't think SMS has very much sweeping. More linear and arpeggiating stuff on there. But then again, I don't remeber that much. Song's too damn long. Try Eleven Blue Egyptians maybe? Or Mabel's Fatal Fable? Either way, sometime or another, you are going to have to learn how to sweep pick, which is why I'm guessing you're avoiding it?

Gman400
07-10-2006, 10:38 PM
I forget about the first half of the song but somewhere like 3/4 the way through SMS there's a big long extended sweep riff with a lead over it just playing a few bended notes...it's awesome btw.

TheUltimateSin
07-10-2006, 11:03 PM
canu guys tell me about some cacophony songs that are fast but arent all sweep picking? i dont really like that much sweep picking

Cacophony, but not much sweep picking? :no:

Then you have to make a choice. Either:

A ) Learn to accept all the sweep picking Jason does in his songs

or

B ) Stop listening to/trying to play songs by Cacophony/Jason

These options you face are nerve-wracking; But only you can make this choice, and you alone. Choose now, young grasshopper. And choose wisely.

redaxe
07-11-2006, 02:54 AM
Try the ending solo on Jason Becker's "Dweller in the Cellar"...it's Friedman so his style is way different from Becker's sweeping. It sounds wicked too :P:

malmsteen61
07-11-2006, 10:24 PM
If you like Jason Becker, but not sweep picking, you most likely have a conflict of interests. Anyways, "Air" on Perpetual Burn MIGHT not have sweeping. Good luck.

perpetual burn has sweeps from the very begining of the song

edit:

sorry i miss read that but i think air does have sweeps but i dont know i didnt make it that far into that song before i gave up

nomadic_sinner
07-11-2006, 11:47 PM
I don't think SMS has very much sweeping. More linear and arpeggiating stuff on there. But then again, I don't remeber that much. Song's too damn long. Try Eleven Blue Egyptians maybe? Or Mabel's Fatal Fable? Either way, sometime or another, you are going to have to learn how to sweep pick, which is why I'm guessing you're avoiding it?
exactly i want to learn ive been trying but it seems like this is one thing that i need to learn from someone else, but i only really like the sweep picking from like 3 artists yngwie, alexi laiho, and jeff looomis, a lot of artists like rusty cooley use sweep picking so much it sounds like a video game, and thats just not my style, so i wonder if its even worth learning the technique

Beckerism
07-12-2006, 12:17 AM
exactly i want to learn ive been trying but it seems like this is one thing that i need to learn from someone else, but i only really like the sweep picking from like 3 artists yngwie, alexi laiho, and jeff looomis, a lot of artists like rusty cooley use sweep picking so much it sounds like a video game, and thats just not my style, so i wonder if its even worth learning the technique

I hardly think that Becker's sweeps sound like video game music but I see where you are coming from. Either way, you should practice up on the technique of sweeping.