covers help

PDA

View Full Version : covers help

agmoney429
07-27-2006, 12:55 AM
a bass player and i recently started a band together, and we decided that we were going to put out a kind "covers" cd, that we can give out to people and what not, so we can get a little exposure and what not. right now we have ten songs that we want to put on it but we want 13 or 14 songs on the songs we have right now are: ( in no order)

When i come around-greenday
where did you sleep last night-old folk song, huddie ledbetter
black velvet band-drop kick murphys
finnegans wake-trad. irish
good riddance-greenday
london calling
bullet with butterfly's wings-smashing pumpkins
i fought the law-the clash,
american pie- Don M
sex and candy-marcy's playground

please keep in mind we are going for a more alternative sound

mat3305
07-27-2006, 01:04 AM
good luck with bullet with butterfly wings. thats a hrad song to a good cover of. do some misfits!

chris_122
07-27-2006, 01:06 AM
Holiday in Cambodia - Dead Kennedys
Ever Fallen in Love - Buzzcocks
Halloween - Misfits

agmoney429
07-27-2006, 01:13 AM
im not to familiar with the misfits, definitly on my list of to do though

Kid_Thorazine
07-27-2006, 03:10 AM
Two Headed Dog-Roky Erickson and the Aliens
Last Caress-the Misfits

BTW I Fought the Law isnt by the Clash they only covered it i think the person who originally recorded it was Bobby Fuller, im not sure if he wrote it though.

Dutch_Apples
07-27-2006, 04:11 AM
I've seriously been thinking of writing a "Rock Standards" cover list, however some of the songs have become so cumbersome for bands to play; it's just not fun anymore. Cumbersome is actually one of them!

I would recommend doing some older songs as well just in case you need them. Always have more songs than you need to play. I'm in one band that has over 60 songs in it's cover list. The other band I'm in... we have trouble filling a 45 minute set. That has caused me to turn down some gigs for that band.