Nazareth

PDA

View Full Version : Nazareth

BlueOyster23
07-29-2006, 04:51 PM
Nazareth was one of the most rockin' bands back in the 70s, but it seems that Nazareth has become almost forgotten in today's world of rock, with the exception of "Hair Of The Dog" and "Love Hurts." Nazareth was actually a really good band, but now their popularity has sizzled with no foreseeable shows in the U.S. for 2006.

So, what's everyone's opinion on Nazareth?
And besides the two songs I already listed above, what are your favorite Nazareth songs? Mine are "Beggar's Day," "Alcatraz," and "Razamanaz." True staples of hard rock glory.

DownDark
07-29-2006, 06:31 PM
To be honest, I haven't heard anything other than "Hair Of The Dog" and "Love Hurts", both of which are kcikass songs

TheHeartbreaker
07-29-2006, 07:18 PM
^^Same.

I considered checking them out for a while, but my list of wanted CDs is so long as it is.

banginman
07-30-2006, 05:50 AM
Nazareth ae great and i like them really :)
but their best song(love hurts)is written by roy orbison so they have just hair of the dog!! But they are cool :headbang:

SimpleThoughts
07-30-2006, 09:55 AM
they made the song '' son of a bitch'' too i think ...

Derigiberble
07-30-2006, 10:49 AM
NOW YOU'RE MESSIN' WITH A SON OF A BITCH.

Tune.

slinks
07-30-2006, 10:54 AM
they made the song '' son of a bitch'' too i think ...

That would be "Hair of the Dog".

Brandon860
07-30-2006, 12:37 PM
c'mon, you guys are tellin me you've never heard This Flight Tonight or Razamanaz? Not even the great blues song Woke Up This Morning? WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?!?!

wilty00
07-30-2006, 01:42 PM
Didn't they cover Ram Jam- Black Betty?

Love Hurts is a pretty sweet song.. never got into Hair of the Dog.

DownDark
07-30-2006, 03:09 PM
Damn, I forgot about This Flight Tonight, which is also a great song as well.

Maet
07-30-2006, 03:19 PM
I considered checking them out for a while, but my list of wanted CDs is so long as it is.

Just download them. It's a lot easier on the wallet.

BlueOyster23
07-30-2006, 03:30 PM
Nazareth ae great and i like them really :)
but their best song(love hurts)is written by roy orbison so they have just hair of the dog!! But they are cool :headbang:

Actually, "Love Hurts" was written by Boudleaux Bryant and recorded by the Everly Brothers, then by Orbison.

Anywho...I bought 'Hair Of The Dog' complusively after getting 'Dirty Diamonds,' and I have to say that both are definately worth picking up. I can almost assure if you like AC/DC, you'll like Nazareth, and if you don't you may still like them(like me).

TheHeartbreaker
07-30-2006, 09:43 PM
c'mon, you guys are tellin me you've never heard This Flight Tonight or Razamanaz? Not even the great blues song Woke Up This Morning? WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?!?!

I've heard Woke Up This Morning by both B.B. King and Ten Years After... does that count? :p:

freewheelinbird
07-31-2006, 08:47 PM
sounds like an obscure 70's rock band with a small but obsessive cult fan base..

when you said love hurts, i thought of the song "love stinks" LOVE STINKS. YAY YAY-EHH. i hate that song

mtardif1
08-01-2006, 03:59 AM
Nazareth is definitely underrated, they have some really good songs. My personal fav is Sunshine.

Dæmönika
08-01-2006, 07:21 AM

And Shangai'd in Shanghai :cool:

I saw them play live at the Speyside Festival last Summer but I didn't see any posters or anything on the internet about one this year. I was informed that there was one soon but alas, not seen anything :sad: