What is the greatest Classic Rock band?

PDA

View Full Version : What is the greatest Classic Rock band?

fattypumbaa
07-30-2006, 03:41 AM
I personally think Black Sabath is the greatest thing to ever happen only with Ozzy of course im just curious too see what other people think please dont give me 8000 Led Zeppelins either i understand many people like them

please dont put gay ass **** like Blink 182 White Stripes or Green Day there not classic rock and they suck

Mercuryworks
07-30-2006, 03:46 AM
You do know that Black Sabbath DID NOT create metal right...The Beatles (my vote) did with songs like Helter Skelter and Paperback writer written and performed LONG before Ozzy cared for music. BS is just another son of Beatles band. And by that Beatles get my vote cause of putting so much genres on the map for people can all find thier taste.

Slinov
07-30-2006, 03:52 AM
I'm just gonna say Iron Maiden, they really set the way for future rock bands

fattypumbaa
07-30-2006, 03:57 AM
Did i say Black Sabbath created metal? But yes they did the only band that could also take that title is Iron Butterfly with Inagodadavida but it was Black Sabbath in my oppion not the Beatles

Something_Vague
07-30-2006, 04:03 AM
The White Stripes.

[edit] It's a fact The Beatles created all forms of Rock & Roll. Ozzy even says they're one of his influences and favorite bands. That's no opinion buddy, it's fact. It's like argueing over who led the country to victory in the civil war. Your opinion may happen to be a giant chair, but fact is, it was Lincoln, making your opinion wrong.

fattypumbaa
07-30-2006, 04:05 AM
uhhh your kidding right? the white stripes are not classic rock

nathan312
07-30-2006, 04:05 AM
Ac/dc

Mercuryworks
07-30-2006, 04:07 AM
Did i say Black Sabbath created metal? But yes they did the only band that could also take that title is Iron Butterfly with Inagodadavida but it was Black Sabbath in my oppion not the Beatles

You said that here : http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6328082#post6328082

The Beatles did create metal BUT Black Sabbath and Iron Butterfly were born out of Helter Skelter (listen to it) and they like that kind of music like that so they played like that making metal more popular. So BS and IB may have been pioneer but Beatles were the Christopher Columbuss of metal. So beat that, find me a heavy metal song that date back before Helter Skelter, I Feel Fine, and Paperback Writer and I will certainly have lost

Something_Vague
07-30-2006, 04:08 AM
uhhh your kidding right? the white stripes are not classic rock

Give me one reason why they're not classic rock.

fattypumbaa
07-30-2006, 04:10 AM
wasnt there debut album like 4 years ago how is that classic

fattypumbaa
07-30-2006, 04:13 AM
So BS and IB may have been pioneer but Beatles were the Christopher Columbuss of metal. lost

ummmm dude Chris Columbus didnt discover the new world the native americans did and the vikings after him so if the beatles were the creaters of metal wouldnt that make them the native americans and the Black Sabbath Chris Columbus

Clay Treznum
07-30-2006, 04:16 AM
classic rock, led zeppelin...rock, the beatles.

Mercuryworks
07-30-2006, 04:23 AM
ummmm dude Chris Columbus didnt discover the new world the native americans did and the vikings after him so if the beatles were the creaters of metal wouldnt that make them the native americans and the Black Sabbath Chris Columbus

Well not really :D I am happy you brought that up. The Native Americans werent the Beatles in fact. In their early days playing at clubs Lennon and McCartney have said that there were bands not known who played Metal before Helter Skelter and Punk before Pistols BUT as for bringing metal out to the general typical music listeners. Helter Skelter, PW, IFF were big hits and were the ships that brought BS, IB, other metal bands to the new land (Metal).

And I said they were the best because they had a lot ships going different directions.

fattypumbaa
07-30-2006, 04:26 AM
I still say its Sabbath they just were glummy had down tuned guitars came from a hard life in England and werent loved by millions of women across the world

fattypumbaa
07-30-2006, 04:29 AM
The White Stripes.

[edit] It's a fact The Beatles created all forms of Rock & Roll. Ozzy even says they're one of his influences and favorite bands. That's no opinion buddy, it's fact. It's like argueing over who led the country to victory in the civil war. Your opinion may happen to be a giant chair, but fact is, it was Lincoln, making your opinion wrong.

Thats nice for Ozzy and all he is my hero but is wrong what about Chuck Berry he first came out in the laste 50's while the beatles came out in the early 60's and Chuck Berry is Rock N Roll in every way shape and form so how did the Beatles create that before they existed?

Mercuryworks
07-30-2006, 04:40 AM
Thats nice for Ozzy and all he is my hero but is wrong what about Chuck Berry he first came out in the laste 50's while the beatles came out in the early 60's and Chuck Berry is Rock N Roll in every way shape and form so how did the Beatles create that before they existed?

Dude love Ozzy as MUCH as you can he is your fav, and noone said that he didnt do anything to help. We are just addressing a claim with a counterclaim

As for Berry, yeah, yeah he "created" rock and roll but he was the roots, with Little Richard and other guys, but while they were the roots, the Beatles were the tree and this tree had many branches and on the tree were fruit and Ozzy and his band are just fruits (sorry no pun).

But your right say they didnt create the first boat or the tree but the sure as **** revolutionized both making them stronger and better.

Mercuryworks
07-30-2006, 04:41 AM
Wow what a metaphor fest

teenrocker
07-30-2006, 04:42 AM
Ac/dc

YEAH! RIGHT ON!!!

Just to settle things:

- Black Sabbath defined modern metal

- Beatles defined modern rock

-Guys such as Chuck Berry and other artists around that era invented rock and roll by mixing together pop and country music (which white people listened to) and blues (which black people listened to).

Mercuryworks
07-30-2006, 04:44 AM
:cheers:

rx_eb
07-30-2006, 04:51 AM
The White Stripes.

[edit] It's a fact The Beatles created all forms of Rock & Roll. Ozzy even says they're one of his influences and favorite bands. That's no opinion buddy, it's fact.

:rolleyes:

first of all there's no fuckin place for White Stripes in the CR forum. because they're no where near classic (THAT's a fact) or good music (that's an opinion).
secondly urgh STFU. Beatles did NOT create "all forms of Rock & Roll" :rolleyes: . urgh how i hate elitist.

and in my opinion (say that whenever you post, dumbass) it's the Kinks who 'created' Metal with their mighty 'You Really Got Me' in 1964

uh Paperback Writer? pfft 1966. Helter Skelter? pfft 1968

:)

Mercuryworks
07-30-2006, 04:57 AM

first of all there's no fuckin place for White Stripes in the CR forum. because they're no where near classic (THAT's a fact) or good music (that's an opinion).
secondly urgh STFU. Beatles did NOT create "all forms of Rock & Roll" :rolleyes: . urgh how i hate elitist.

and in my opinion (say that whenever you post, dumbass) it's the Kinks who 'created' Metal with their mighty 'You Really Got Me' in 1964

Dude you say that cause the guys voice is distorted (naturally) because music wise it is basic Twist and Shout (not a Beatles song) 60s music EVEN Johnny B. Goode is harder than that

Something_Vague
07-30-2006, 05:39 AM

Learn to type coherantly, until then, your opinion is void. I just see randomly cap'd words and parenthesis were they shouldn't be.

On topic: No one said classic by age or classic by sound. The White Stripes sound more retro than The Who on their first few albums. They are a prime example of a classic rock band in modern day, and the best in the last years.

You fail at logic, grammar, and at trying to establish your point, because I don't see one in your post.

The Beatles may have not been the first to do the heavier sound, but they popularized and it made it known to the masses, I'm sure there were some awful garage bands back then doing stuff that we're just now getting around too, the point is, The Beatles were the biggest band in the world, and they made heavier rock famous for the masses. They inspired, I don't, here's a wild guess...every classic and modern band of the past 35 years. The Kinks have managed to inspire a few obscure Punk revitalist bands and maybe a few big acts.

The Beatles Influence on Heavy Rock >>>>>>>>>>> Anything The Kinks have ever done.

So yeah, I think you failed again.

jono034
07-30-2006, 06:21 AM
^ The White Stripes are certainly not classic rock lol

please dont give me 8000 Led Zeppelins either i understand many people like them

if that many people like Zeppelin, it may just mean something about their music. :rolleyes:

Besides that, there is no "greatest artist" in classic rock or any other genre. It is only a question that leads to 1million arguements.

:peace:

***CLOSED***