Ibanez JEM Korean Copies

PDA

View Full Version : Ibanez JEM Korean Copies

jmac72187
08-02-2006, 09:51 AM
I am wondering what the quality of these JEM replicas were. I found one for sale and the specs are here:

- 24 frets on Rosewood Fretboard
- Gold hardware
- Volume & tone knobs, 5-way selector
- Dimarzio Evos Pickups- Humbucker/Single/Humhumbucker
- American Basswood body
- Ibanez TRS bridge
- Pearloid Pick guard
- Tree of Life inlays on fretboard
- Made in Korea

How is the build quality? Does this reall yhave Evos and a TRS bridge? I would probably be trading my Schecter for it if I were to get it. If it is a ****ty replica though I will steer clear of it.

punkMETALskater
08-02-2006, 09:58 AM
i dont no much about korean copies,but im look at trading one of my guitars for a ibanez S series guitar,and this guitar im lookin at has a trsII trem,and i was wondering about that myself...

pifty
08-02-2006, 09:58 AM
If you're talking about JEM555 or JEM Jr - those aren't replicas, those are budget Jems made in Korea, and yes, they had the Lo-TRS II and Evo pickups, but they aren't really worth it as you can get a decent Japanese RG for the price.

Just stay away from the eBay Jems comin' from China which are basically firewood.

i dont no much about korean copies,but im look at trading one of my guitars for a ibanez S series guitar,and this guitar im lookin at has a trsII trem,and i was wondering about that myself...

Lo-TRS II is basically the worst mass produced Floyd Rose clone to ever exist. Beware.

madpickin03
08-02-2006, 10:09 AM
The specs you said describes the JEM555. If you're curious on whether its a copy, then just see the serial number, does it start with a C or W. Also, the JEM555 has the inlays only on fret 3-12 and the new production, 2004 onwards has Edge Pro II installed in 'em, better than the TRS, but still is crap. If you think of gettin it, then swap the tremolo with and OFR or if you dont, then just stay away from it as far as you can and really save up for a JEM7VWH

jmac72187
08-02-2006, 10:23 AM
So if the serial number starts with C or W it is an actual Ibanez?

It states that it is a JEM 7V WH replica. How can I tell if this is real?

This would be a trade for my Schecter not cash.

EDIT: It says "This is a replica of the Ibanez JEM 7VWH and not the actual Ibanez 7VWH."

pifty
08-02-2006, 10:29 AM
Trade your C-1? Hmm, honestly - keep it. Lo-TRS II is the kind of piece of hardware that you want to avoid owning under any circumstances. Yeah, sure, it's a JEM, but it's a Korean JEM for people who want the name without the acclaimed JEM quality and feautures. Your C-1 is just a more usable guitar all-around.

madpickin03
08-02-2006, 10:44 AM
Replica of JEM7V???!?, dude, did you get this from eBay or something? or issit from ur local store, anyways, yes C or W is an actual Ibanez, its the name of the factory that made em in Korea.

jmac72187
08-02-2006, 04:18 PM
So there is no good quality to this guitar at all? What is so bad about the trem?

I am considering getting this if it is an actual ibanez which it is.

jmac72187
08-02-2006, 05:50 PM
bump...I am going to do this tonight if I do.

pifty
08-02-2006, 05:58 PM
Don't do it.

If it's a real JEM555, it'll have Lo-TRS II, a bridge made of a mix of playdough and tinfoil. No return to pitch, no tuning stability. Bad bad.

If it's a "JEM Replica" with some random stats (that happen to coincide with JEM555's), then you'll have some firewood on your hands.

Either way, bad deal.

jmac72187
08-02-2006, 06:17 PM
Alright, I wont be doing it then. It is an actual ibanez but it had the Lo-TRS so I will avoid it.