jimi hendrix

PDA

View Full Version : jimi hendrix

tyler 417 714
08-04-2006, 12:48 AM
does anyone know why hendrix droped out of highschool?

Clay Treznum
08-04-2006, 12:52 AM
because he wanted to put his time into other things that would actually benefit him in his life, unlike complex math and chemistry.

guitarslinger91
08-04-2006, 01:02 AM
i did a report on jimi back in the day.......
he thought he learned enough during school and decided to stop learning things he didnt need to learn. so he went to the army then joined a bunch of bands and toured.

tyler 417 714
08-04-2006, 01:04 AM
i did a report on jimi back in the day.......
he thought he learned enough during school and decided to stop learning things he didnt need to learn. so he went to the army then joined a bunch of bands and toured.

he was forced into the army because he stole a car. it was like join or go to jail.

i heard he got into a fight with a teacher.

gmsje
08-04-2006, 01:11 AM
According to Tony Brown's book, "Jimi Hendrix, A Visual Documentary - His Life, Loves and Music," which has complete historical text of Jimi's life, in chronological order starting from birth with landmark dates, Jimi left Garfield High School in Seattle on October 31, 1960 at the age of 17 years, 11 months, having failed to graduate (page 21). Apparently, he didn't care to continue past his senior year to try and graduate. He was already touring with a band called Thomas and The Tomcats. Jimi was the guitarist for vocalist James Thomas.

Brown puts Jimi's decision to volunteer for the Army before the arrests for auto theft because Jimi figured he would be drafted anyway and wanted some choice as to which branch to serve in (page 23), although it appears that Jimi's court appearance for those arrests hastened his enlistment. It all happened from April 1961, when Brown says Jimi decided to volunteer, through May 1961, when he was arrested twice for taking a motor vehicle, appeared in court, and then arrives on May 31st at Fort Ord, California for basic training. :cool: