Songwriting &Lyric's Official Competition Points And Winners Thread-Season 2

PDA

View Full Version : Songwriting &Lyric's Official Competition Points And Winners Thread-Season 2

xArCaDiAx
08-04-2006, 01:24 AM
Currently Editing. As of 8/6/06, it is edited.

Ok, so with Matt (Something_Vague) officially leaving UG, I shall be taking over and attempting to revitalize the competition scene once again. Most of the rules are the same (but some I changed), as Matt's system did work well.

Season II

Season II symbolizes a fresh start to the Songwriting & Lyric's Competition scene. The Grand Competition that Matt established is supposed to trigger an end to the original point thread, declaring an overall winner for that points "season." Thus Season II will take place refreshed with new comps, all points for all competitors restarted.

========================================================

How This Thread Works:

In this thread, you will only post the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners of competitions and the 1 vs. 1 outcomes with the amount of points wagered.

1 Vs. 1 Rules

You can only have four 1vs1's a month. No more! If you go overboard, you will be deducted 4 points.
You do not have to wager points, but these 1 vs. 1, will not be documented. To be more clear, simply do not post the results of them into this thread.
The maximum amount of points allowed to be wagered, per 1 vs. 1 match, are four. You are allowed to have up to -5 points to be able to compete in a 1 vs. 1. If you have more than -5 points then you are ineligible to compete in a 1 vs. 1.
You don't have to have points to be in a wagered 1 vs. 1. For instance, Something_Vague can challenge xArCaDiAx to a 1 vs. 1 for 4 points. If xArCaDiAx loses, he loses four points and Something_Vague gains four points, and if xArCaDiAx wins, he gains four points and Something_Vague loses four points. Easy, right?

For your match to count, make sure your post in this thread looks like the following example:
xArCaDiAx +4
Something_Vague -4

Types Of Competitions

Newbie Competition
A Newbie Competition is one established just for the new members of the Songwriting and Lyric's community. Usually, eligible competitors are those that have registered after a certain time period. And any type of piece (lyrics, poetry, prose) is eligible for being entered. There is no specific theme that competitors have to follow.

Point Distribution For Newbie Competitions:
1st Place- 3pts
2nd Place- 2pts
3rd Place- 1pt

Quicky Competition
A Quicky Competition is one established to be set up and run quickly. Any member of S&L is eligible to participate, as well as being able to submit any type of piece (as long as it is not ridiculously long). There is no specific theme that competitors have to follow. Pieces are usually due on the date the competition was established, or the day after, so that the poll can go up quick (hence the name).

Point Distribution For Quicky Competitions:
1st Place- 3pts
2nd Place- 2pts
3rd Place- 1pt

Regular Competitions
A Regular Competition makes up the majority of Songwriting & Lyric competitions. Any member of S&L is eligible to participate, but these competitions usually follow a specific theme. An example could be a political competition, where each competitor will have to write a piece about something political, whether it be about war, government, economy, etc.

Point Distribution For Regular Competitions:
1st Place- 4pts
2nd Place- 3pts
3rd Place- 2pts

Super Competitions
A Super Competition are usually competitions that are held around holiday's or designed to be on a special theme. Any member of S&L is eligible to participate, but these competitions usually follow a specific theme. An example could be the Halloween competition, where the theme would be to write a piece that pertains to Halloween in some way, whether it be ghosts, demons, vampires, trick-or-treating, witches, etc.

Point Distribution For Super Competitions:

1st Place- 5pts
2nd Place- 4pts
3rd Place- 3pts

Competition Rules

You can be eligible for any competition (as long as you meet requirements, such as for the newbie competition)
You have to submit your piece for the competition by the due date.
NEW RULE- If you do not submit your piece for the competition you signed up for by the due date, you will receive a deduction of 1pt. If you need an extra day due to reasons such as vacations or just being inable to get it in on time, you must notify the competition starter before the due date.
NEW RULE Pt.2- Competition starters MUST notify ME by a PM for any competitors that did not send in a piece without an explanation so that those people can receive their deduction.

The Grand Championship

The Grand Championship will be triggered when someone hits the (UNDECIDED) point mark. This will halt the start of any new competitions and 1 vs. 1's. All competitions and 1 vs. 1's running during that time will be allowed to finish. No new competitions or 1 vs. 1's will be allow to begin again until the start of the next season. The top 10 will then go into a one of a kind competition, using any piece they've ever wrote, with no specific competition rules. The winner of this competition will be declared The Grand Champion Writer Of (Specific Season). Now you may be thinking, why the hell do I want that ridiculous title? Well here's why, (PRIMARY REASON IS STILL BEING DECIDED) and the winner also gets instant access into the next grand championship.

Point Leaders (As Of The Grand Competition Of Season 1)

The Top Six

1. Trigfunction [21pts]
2. Something_Vague [20pts]
3. DanteR* [16pts]
4. xArcadiax [14pts]
4. Retribution [14pts]
4. #1 Synth [14pts]

The Bottom Tier

Pwrchrdprincess [9pts]
Grovermans [8pts]
FurtherFan21 [9pt]
Pumpkins Rule [7pts]
The Hurt Within [6pts]
We Have Sound [6pts]
Circular.parade [6pts]
Dashboard89 [5pts]
Drummundo [5pts]
Damonschatten [5pts]
Thepickups [4pts]
Phantom1 [4pts]
Scarredfaith [4pts]
Jallas [4pts]
DorkusMalorkus [4pts]
chloroformkisme [4pts]
Leftyrocker [3pts]
Junny [3pts]
Daemonika [3pts]
Demonicity [3pts]
Final [2pts]
Luvmaze [2pts]
Phoebus [2pts]
Kunvulshuns [2pts]
Yawn [2pts]
the_me_effect [2pts]
Peyote__Project [2pts]
SilenceEvolves [1pts]
PunkRawk1224 [1pt]
Bassgaz [1pt]
ChocolatGuitar [1pt]
Scousertommy [-2pts]
Stratkat [-2pts]
Burning angel [-2pts]
SlurpeexCore [-2pts]
DiminishedFaith [-2pts]
Auals [-2pts]
mmmmm...Ice [-2pts]
Stratkat [-2pts]
xYour Momx [-3pts]
Trademarc [-3pts]
Iron X Maiden [-3pts]
Lucasgtrgod [-3pts]
Jammydude44 [-3pts]
Clichealias [-4pts]
Fate Of Mind [-4pts]
Hauf [-5pts]
PunkRocker [-7pts]

#1 synth
08-04-2006, 01:28 AM
So this officially kills the points that everyone has now?

O, and Mike has been telling me about a magic list for comps spanning out in 2 years, so, uh, whats the deal with that?

Edit: sorry if this post is spamming your thread up Nelson, I'll delete this post if you want

xArCaDiAx
08-04-2006, 01:29 AM
No, no, Ill explain everything as I get to it. I just want to put the thread up now because my internet is being a homosexual.

TrigFunction
08-04-2006, 02:58 PM
i didnt say two years, i said 24 comps i also said that each comp would take 2 weeks. Thats one year. At least thats what i kinda what to do. We do have a lot of comps we can do and were either just gonna list them and have the forum rec. pick one every two weeks or make a new idea or were gonna lay it out and every now and then have an open slot for whatever comps up in the forum rec. thread.

#1 synth
08-04-2006, 07:54 PM
Nvm Trig, I sorted everything out with Nelson over AIM, sorry for the mistake (well not really :p: )

I fully support the system and Nelson and will blindly follow him into the wilderness that is change :D

Retribution
08-05-2006, 11:35 AM
Retribution +4

Fate of Mind -4

P.S. Hypothetically, this puts me in first place. haha, suckers.

TrigFunction
08-05-2006, 06:29 PM
P.S. Hypothetically, that puts you in a 3 way tie for 4th. This hasnt been updated (idk why cause i sent him the updated list) but i have 21 then matt with 20 danter with 16 and you, synth, and arcadia at 14

Retribution
08-05-2006, 07:07 PM
P.S. Hypothetically, that puts you in a 3 way tie for 4th. This hasnt been updated (idk why cause i sent him the updated list) but i have 21 then matt with 20 danter with 16 and you, synth, and arcadia at 14

Haha, I don't even care. Plus, he said that the points are all down to 0 again.

P.S. I don't think I'm doing that many competitions anymore. Not that I ever did a lot.

xArCaDiAx
08-06-2006, 09:49 PM
Mike, I lost the list when I accidentally deleted my saved documents folder....so...yea. Sorry.

And James, yea it will be refreshed. But, as the rules now say. Everything is halted because of the Grand Comp (well, you can do 1v1, but for points now doesnt really matter)

I should post that in the 1v1 thread...in fact I will.

TrigFunction
08-06-2006, 10:01 PM
eh well, i have the saved list if you would like to update. Get on aim and ill send it to ya

#1 synth
08-06-2006, 10:51 PM
so uh, Nelson, what does the 'Grand Champ' win?

still havent decided have you? :haha

TrigFunction
08-06-2006, 10:57 PM
the "top guy" of the season i believe... or someting like that

#1 synth
08-06-2006, 11:07 PM
ya, but do they get like a prize or something, or only glory... cause glory is nothin compared to like a convertable or 70$

TrigFunction
08-06-2006, 11:09 PM
TO THE FUTURE WINNER OF THE GRAND COMPETITION

your prize package includes

GLORY

and

DYLANS SWEET SWEET POON

its pretty much just glory.

pwrchrdprincess
08-07-2006, 12:16 AM
This isn't completely editted yet, is it? I had points in the other thread that aren't counted in this yet, so I'm assuming that a lot of other people's points aren't counted either.

xArCaDiAx
08-07-2006, 12:23 AM
Yea, Im still editing it :)

But, to be honest, as of now it doesnt matter that much because once the Grand Competition ends all the points will reset.

TrigFunction
08-07-2006, 02:05 AM
This isn't completely editted yet, is it? I had points in the other thread that aren't counted in this yet, so I'm assuming that a lot of other people's points aren't counted either.

actually i believe i got all your points in there... included the last 3 you got (im pretty sure it was 3 im not gonna check but i added the last one)

Retribution
08-07-2006, 09:43 AM
The Grand Championship Winner gets:

Glory.
Fame. (He's promoted as the Grand Champion until the next one.)
Instant Entry into the next Championship.

That was what Matt said... Well, mostly anyway.

pwrchrdprincess
08-07-2006, 08:17 PM
actually i believe i got all your points in there... included the last 3 you got (im pretty sure it was 3 im not gonna check but i added the last one)
I had 9 points before I won the 3 points. But yeah, if it's just going to get reset then whatever. Haha, I got mixed up and thought that the Grand Championship was happening later, which was stupid cause it has the same name, duh. Summer shuts the brain off.

#1 synth
08-07-2006, 08:52 PM
^nah, Matt's just confusing :p:

frd_marshll
08-29-2006, 02:44 PM
i thought we all start we 0 agian

Retribution
08-29-2006, 10:30 PM
i thought we all start we 0 agian

This will be re-booted once the GC is done and outta here.

frd_marshll
08-30-2006, 02:50 AM
thanks for the clearing up

Fate_of_Mind
08-30-2006, 09:08 PM
Pumkins_Rule +2

Fate_of_Mind -2

FidoblinK
09-01-2006, 07:16 AM
how do i join one of theses thingy ma bobs???

Retribution
09-01-2006, 09:10 AM
how do i join one of theses thingy ma bobs???

What's a bob?

You wait for a sign up thread.

Seriously, this is asked so many times, is there something about it in the FAQs/Rules? Oh wait, no one reads those... ;)

Fate_of_Mind
09-01-2006, 08:49 PM
I read them... >.>...<.< lol

xArCaDiAx
09-02-2006, 03:47 PM
Ok, this new season is being started tonight.

And Steve's comp will be the first
And then a newbie comp.

#1 synth
09-02-2006, 05:06 PM
can I make one too? I have a good idea...

xArCaDiAx
09-03-2006, 03:06 AM
I hve 2 post the suggggggessition thread.

sery. a bit drunk am i.

but yea. i guess Tomorrow then?

ehh. mos def fo rizzzzzzllleee.

#1 synth
09-05-2006, 06:58 PM
have you stopped being drunk Nelson?... If you havnt thats cool... in fact that would be just plain impressive! yay you! :p:

seriously though, can we get this contest thing started?

Quik Axe Player
09-06-2006, 01:58 AM
So, when do the comps start for season 2, I got some stuff I want to submit.

#1 synth
09-07-2006, 07:48 PM
Where art thou Nelson???

pooch0072
09-07-2006, 08:06 PM
Do my grand championship points count for this season?

#1 synth
09-08-2006, 09:41 PM
k nelson, this forum is dying, and I mean all of S&L, so if you dont respond within the next two weeks in this thread I will have to take matters into my own hands to start up this season... please dont let it come to that :(

Fate_of_Mind
09-11-2006, 07:14 PM
Fate_of_Mind +3

FidoblinK -3

xArCaDiAx
09-13-2006, 07:50 PM
Ok, Im taking a shower. Then this is going up.

Can someone unsticky this as Ill be posting a new one that will be updated completely.

#1 synth
09-13-2006, 08:52 PM
consider this *unstickied* :) ...

:sad:

DanteR*
09-13-2006, 09:40 PM
^ you'll never be a mod Synth, you get in too much trouble. :p:

^^ Long shower huh? ;)

#1 synth
09-13-2006, 09:45 PM
nono, I'll never be a mod because I'm a pretentious bitch... :p:

And I personally love long showers, especially long college showers , if you see what I'm saying :liplick:

xArCaDiAx
09-13-2006, 11:13 PM
15 min. Just finished the thread