R.I.P Arthur Lee

PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P Arthur Lee

Thin-Lizzy
08-04-2006, 09:16 AM
Just found out that Arthur Lee from psychedelic rock band Love has passed away :(. Details can be seen here (http://www.playlouder.com/news/+arthur-lee-dies/)

Andrewbiles
08-04-2006, 09:23 AM
That's really sad news. Didn't realise he had leukaemia.

RIP Arthur Lee

rx_eb
08-04-2006, 10:07 AM
Argh

RIP Arthur

frippogenics
08-04-2006, 03:19 PM
Forever Changes is one of my favorite albums of all time. I'll listen to it now in memory.

TheHeartbreaker
08-04-2006, 03:39 PM
R.I.P.

I hate cancer. :sad:

daft
08-04-2006, 05:28 PM
Quite young as well :(

RIP Arthur Lee

wilty00
08-04-2006, 08:43 PM
Never heard of him or the band, but RIP nonetheless.

TheHeartbreaker
08-04-2006, 10:28 PM
Quite young as well :(

RIP Arthur Lee

Yeah.

We've lost (at least) four musicians over the past couple of months.

R.I.P. Syd Barret
R.I.P. Arthur Lee
R.I.P. Billy Preston
R.I.P. Vince Welnick

StratEnRegalia
08-04-2006, 11:21 PM
I hate posting in the classic rock forum, but I just heard about his death. There's only one other person in the school that I've met who knows who Love is. His songwriting was so good, it's a damn shame to see him go, Forever Changes is the greatest undiscovered gem (to the average classic rock ass) of the psychedelic era. If you do not own that album, you are musically deprived. And "The Red Telephone" has one of the coolest progressions ever.

TheHeartbreaker
08-04-2006, 11:22 PM
Why do you hate this forum?

StratEnRegalia
08-04-2006, 11:30 PM
Because, there are too many people here who never seem to venture outside of what's deemed classic rock. Don't call me a Zeppelin hater or any **** like that, I have everything save BBC sessions. There are many incredibly closed-minded people on here.

TheHeartbreaker
08-04-2006, 11:32 PM
Why would I call you a Zeppelin hater?

Obviously you're assuming I'm "closed-minded", which I'm not.

StratEnRegalia
08-04-2006, 11:35 PM
You're reading too much into that. I didn't say anything about you. I just said I don't like coming to this forum because there are so many pricks, kind of like the metal forum, but the metal forum makes me feel guilty for liking metal. I don't like posting here, that's all. But I love Arthur Lee's music so damn much that I had to say something, it really bugs me that Syd and Lee died within a month of each other.

wilty00
08-05-2006, 12:23 AM
You're reading too much into that. I didn't say anything about you. I just said I don't like coming to this forum because there are so many pricks, kind of like the metal forum, but the metal forum makes me feel guilty for liking metal. I don't like posting here, that's all. But I love Arthur Lee's music so damn much that I had to say something, it really bugs me that Syd and Lee died within a month of each other.

Theres pricks in every forum, you just have to know where to find them.

Berdovan
08-05-2006, 01:00 AM
RIP Arthur

rocknroll blues
08-05-2006, 09:49 AM
Maybe in death his music will find fame?

One can only hope.

shifto
08-05-2006, 10:15 AM
RIP Arthur Lee, sad news.

I bought Forever Changes a few weeks ago, haven't got round to listening to it properly yet, but I definitely will do now.

:(

TheHeartbreaker
08-05-2006, 10:31 AM

Okay.

I got the impression that you were calling me close minded because you specifically said, "Don't call me a Zeppelin hater or any **** like that", and I am the Pope of Zeppelinism, so I see where such an idea may have come from.

StratEnRegalia
08-05-2006, 04:20 PM
Yeah, I feel really sorry for this chick who really likes the Beatles, she just found out about Love like a week ago. Bad timing, bad timing. I wish there weren't so many puns.

alex_haeni
08-05-2006, 05:51 PM
I didn't even know he was dying.:(
Keep on playin' Arthur.