The Beatles Thread

PDA

View Full Version : The Beatles Thread

Peace_4
08-04-2006, 09:42 AM
This thread is for beatles fans like myself. Talk about your favourite songs post tabs whatever.

teenrocker
08-04-2006, 09:52 AM
Im not a huge beatles fan. I really only liked their earlier stuff when they played gigs to small crowds and did crazy things. They were actually funnier than most people think. John played one show with a toilet seat around his head.

I find it annoying that most people only listen to their later stuff and decide that they were really boring and how on earth they could be considered 'rock and roll'. I think some of their earlier pieces should be played more often. They are far more entertaining than the stuff they produced sitting around in a recording studio.

One thing that I really like about the Beatles is the hard work they put in. We watched a video of them in music and it says when they went to Hamburg (Europe's Hollywood) they played for 7 hours an evening for two months! It shows how hard working and dedicated they were to their music.

I like pretty much all of their songs but don't really love any of them. If I had to pick a favourite it would be "Please Please Me".

Giggedy-gig

Peace_4
08-04-2006, 09:56 AM
I agree to that their early stuff is really good up to above rubber soul then sort of deteriorated but they were still a great band the last 2 albums were pretty good though Abby Road and Let it Be.

I've seen early shows of theirs the were quite crazy i model my playing and guitar style after them sort of.

AdayTripper
08-04-2006, 01:19 PM
Well of course most influental, and successfull band of all time. What can I say?
They were great. The early stuff is great compared to modern pop rock standards. The latter half is what defined them though. Incredible stuff. Abbey Road is my all time favorite album.

Marines Rock
08-04-2006, 02:21 PM
Ya, I really like The Beatles too. Infact, I'm wearing a Beatles T- shirt right now! I also got a Beatles cd for a grad. present and I listen to it everyday. I totally agree with you ADayTripper. I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!!

TheUltimateSin
08-04-2006, 02:23 PM
I've seen early shows of theirs the were quite crazy i model my playing and guitar style after them sort of.

If you think they were crazy, you've clearly never seen footage of a GWAR show.....

AssassinLoki090
08-04-2006, 02:33 PM
The beatles are probably the best band out there. They played everything and had unmeasurable talent. Mostly because of the acid. But my favorite song by them is Maxwells Silver Hammer. Go listen to it if you've never heard it.

AdayTripper
08-04-2006, 02:36 PM
The beatles are probably the best band out there. They played everything and had unmeasurable talent. Mostly because of the acid. But my favorite song by them is Maxwells Silver Hammer. Go listen to it if you've never heard it.
Or....Maybe because they were innovative, and were just great singers/songwriters. :rolleyes:

kidsilcon
08-04-2006, 02:37 PM
so Paul Mccartney apperently dead eh, i made a thread about that a while ago but there wasnt much people who wanted to talk about it, does anyone here

AdayTripper
08-04-2006, 02:39 PM
so Paul Mccartney apperently dead eh, i made a thread about that a while ago but there wasnt much people who wanted to talk about it, does anyone here
He is alive.

kidsilcon
08-04-2006, 02:44 PM
yes of course but some youd be suprised by some people i received a reply from a website about this topic and they had this to say

" Yes, we really do believe he's dead. John put in clues but panicked when people got closer to the truth than they thought they would. John had to make out it was a joke, and misinformation was spread by Russ Gibb who misrepresented a lot of the clues which made it look like it was a hoax.

There was a death sentence on anyone giving the game away. Why do you think John Lennon was shot in the end? It was an assassination. His final album "Double Fantasy" really means "Fantasy of a Double" but Yoko hijacked the album from its original intention, which was to expose the impersonator who John liked to call Faul meaning False Paul."

AdayTripper
08-04-2006, 02:48 PM
yes of course but some youd be suprised by some people i received a reply from a website about this topic and they had this to say

" Yes, we really do believe he's dead. John put in clues but panicked when people got closer to the truth than they thought they would. John had to make out it was a joke, and misinformation was spread by Russ Gibb who misrepresented a lot of the clues which made it look like it was a hoax.

There was a death sentence on anyone giving the game away. Why do you think John Lennon was shot in the end? It was an assassination. His final album "Double Fantasy" really means "Fantasy of a Double" but Yoko hijacked the album from its original intention, which was to expose the impersonator who John liked to call Faul meaning False Paul."
Haha.
There are people who belive the world is flat too.

Jesse Mrau
08-04-2006, 03:17 PM
There was a death sentence on anyone giving the game away. Why do you think John Lennon was shot in the end?

I suppose that's why George died too? Whoever wrote that is full of shit.
I always thought it was a marketing campaign which maybe people buy the albums to look for clues.

DarkGreedo25
08-04-2006, 03:23 PM
The Beatles were probably the best band ever. They had great songwriting and wide variety. Anyone who disagree's proabably hasn't listened to their stuff. Very good band.

FreddieMercury
08-04-2006, 03:57 PM
let it be=one of the best songs ever made. for any one who likes a nice simple piano with some great lyrics this song is amazing

Alander
08-04-2006, 04:17 PM
I'm like their earlier stuff, but not the very first albums, I talking about Help Rubber Soul and Revolver..i think the music lost something after sgt. peppers lonley hearts club band.

ridcullylives
08-04-2006, 04:38 PM
You don't like the White Album? Sure, there's a lot of weird **** on there, but there some great classics and some really underlooked songs (Yer Blues, Happiness is a Warm Gun, Sexy Sadie)

NineInchNails_0
08-04-2006, 04:46 PM
I love the Beatles. Favourite songs being A Day In The Life, Revolution, Revolution 1, Revolution 9, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, I'm So Tired, Blackbird, Dear Prudence... I could go on forever.

Ringo Starr is the most humble person alive.

SpringingOff
08-04-2006, 06:11 PM
In my eyes, the only good thing Beatles EVER did was to make ''White Album''! It's much more 'rocky' and powerfull than their earlier stuff, and I enjoy listening to it every once in a while.. I plainly hate the rest of The Beatles' music.. It's waaaay to poppy and classic for me!

private
08-04-2006, 09:06 PM
Or....Maybe because they were innovative, and were just great singers/songwriters. :rolleyes:

nah there's no such thing. ;)

kidsilcon
08-04-2006, 09:10 PM
couldnt say my favorite song because that would be too hard, has anyone got there favorite album, someone should do a poll about that.

TheHeartbreaker
08-04-2006, 10:49 PM
I've seen a few people say that they enjoy The Beatles earlier sound over their later sound, but to be quite honest, I find their early sound to be quite annoying.

Songs like Love Me Do, for instance, are to me, just trash.

Though I consider their "early" stuff only their first couple albums, anything included on and after A Hard Day's Night is awesome.

I felt like this was where they started to evolve more musically, and their talent and musical diversity was realized.

ridcullylives
08-05-2006, 01:27 AM
Love Me Do is a horrible song. I'm sure Paul would admit that. And there are some great covers on their first couple albums and some really good originals...it's just lacking the consistency that the stuff Hard Day's Night on would have.

Marines Rock
08-05-2006, 02:15 AM
I like songs like Papaerback Writer, Yellow Submarine, Elenor Rigby, Lady Madonna and Let It Be. Those songs kick ass. Though, I must admit I'm quite fond of their earlier stuff too. I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!!

ridcullylives
08-05-2006, 03:34 AM
I hope you ROCK ON as well, good sir.

There was an old thread about this, but...what do you think is George's best solo? I'd have to go with Something, Old Brown Shoe or Fixing a Hole...it's a tossup.

xX*Zeppelin*Xx
08-05-2006, 10:08 AM
Revolver is my favourite album. Modern Indie music owes so much to that album. By the way, I think John may have put a few hints in albums about Paul being dead - it seems like his sense of humour.

TheHeartbreaker
08-05-2006, 10:37 AM

There was an old thread about this, but...what do you think is George's best solo? I'd have to go with Something, Old Brown Shoe or Fixing a Hole...it's a tossup.

Honestly, I love George's work on Let it Be - it just flows so smoothly and is so relaxing.

freewheelinbird
08-05-2006, 12:10 PM
Im not a huge beatles fan. I really only liked their earlier stuff when they played gigs to small crowds and did crazy things. They were actually funnier than most people think. John played one show with a toilet seat around his head.

I find it annoying that most people only listen to their later stuff and decide that they were really boring and how on earth they could be considered 'rock and roll'. I think some of their earlier pieces should be played more often. They are far more entertaining than the stuff they produced sitting around in a recording studio.

One thing that I really like about the Beatles is the hard work they put in. We watched a video of them in music and it says when they went to Hamburg (Europe's Hollywood) they played for 7 hours an evening for two months! It shows how hard working and dedicated they were to their music.

I like pretty much all of their songs but don't really love any of them. If I had to pick a favourite it would be "Please Please Me".

Giggedy-gig

dude, i can't think of anybody who thinks the late 60s beatles are boring. i think everything they did was great, and they're weakest album was let it be, or maybe beatles for sale. two albums that kick ass anyways

alex_haeni
08-05-2006, 12:56 PM
IMO, best beatles album ever=Hard day's night.
Every song is catchy, and it just all flows really well to me.

icatchdinosaurs
08-05-2006, 03:39 PM
not a big fan of their early stuff,to poppy and adolecent...the beatles can really show you how far a band can go in 6 or 7 years.

Marines Rock
08-05-2006, 09:10 PM
Have any of you guys seen one of their movies? They are so bad its' funny! Those guys can't act worth a ****. There is also no plot to them either. Though the funny thing is when I rented it I watched it like 3 times. So bad yet so funny. I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!! (BTW, Im not Sir, Im Ma'm) Oh ya, the Beatles movie that I rented was Hard Days Night. If you can find it check it out.

TheHeartbreaker
08-05-2006, 09:23 PM
Hard Day's Night is hilarious.

Haven't seen any of the others, though.

groll01
08-05-2006, 10:22 PM

gotta be Something.....man that solo makes me cry

Jesse Mrau
08-05-2006, 10:36 PM
Have any of you guys seen one of their movies? They are so bad its' funny! Those guys can't act worth a ****. There is also no plot to them either. Though the funny thing is when I rented it I watched it like 3 times. So bad yet so funny. I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!! (BTW, Im not Sir, Im Ma'm) Oh ya, the Beatles movie that I rented was Hard Days Night. If you can find it check it out.

I loved A Hard Days Night. I actually thought it was a very nice movie... and they didn't really have to act... they were playing themselves.... :p:

freewheelinbird
08-06-2006, 12:04 AM

actually they are pretty funny, and not because they suck. help was hilarious, hard days night was pretty funny, and yellow submarine was pretty good, though not actually starring the real beatles.

what you are confusing with suckiness is probably zaniness (in the case of help anyways)

and for the record, monty python were influenced by them, and george harrison has actually appeared in some of their stuff (the rutles anybody?)

Marines Rock
08-06-2006, 01:13 AM
Well anyway, I thought Hard Days Night was pretty funny. Does anyone else here like Monty Python too? BTW does anyone know the name of the episode with George in it? I would love to see an episode with George in it. Has anyone seen one of The Beatles play live before? I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!!

caffeinefreak5
08-06-2006, 02:08 AM
Starwberry fields FTW!!!

But seriously I love that song, by far one of my favorite songs of all time (not just The Beatles)

sirpsycho85
08-06-2006, 02:29 AM
Honestly, I love George's work on Let it Be - it just flows so smoothly and is so relaxing.

really? see i think let it be is one of the biggest effups of a solo ever. not that it's bad, and i certainly don't know what to put in its place, but i just think the solo section (any version of it) is what brings the song down a lot in my book. it's not surprising that we disagree though, i love their early stuff loads (including love me do, although clearly there are a number of far better songs).

hmm, for my favorite george solo, perhaps Nowhere Man. He did do the lead on that right? Although, to be fair, the best beatles solo is still taxman.

Lol, about time i checked in on this thread. i mean there's a new beatles thread every week, but i can't resist.

sirpsycho85
08-06-2006, 02:33 AM
In my eyes, the only good thing Beatles EVER did was to make ''White Album''! It's much more 'rocky' and powerfull than their earlier stuff, and I enjoy listening to it every once in a while.. I plainly hate the rest of The Beatles' music.. It's waaaay to poppy and classic for me!

no no no no! a libertines fan who doesn't like the beatles. i feel torn up inside between my favorite band and my favorite new band.

also, adaytripper: do you hate moderators or who fans? or did i ruin what was a funny pun?

Marines Rock
08-06-2006, 04:33 AM
Has anybody here seen Yellow Submarine? I havent seen that movie since I was like 5 or something. Has anyone seen Almost Famous? I borrowed that movie from my friend behind my moms back. I want to see it again sooo bad but mom wont let me no matter what I do :no: . Can someone refresh me what these movies are about? Life can be a bitch some times :mad: ! I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!! :cool:

TheHeartbreaker
08-06-2006, 11:55 AM
I believe my father rented Yellow Submarine when I was also very young.

I have memories of what seemed to be a video of Yellow Submarine, but I'm not quite sure.

Was it an animated movie?

sirpsycho85
08-06-2006, 12:57 PM
yep. it was pretty trippy in parts, funny in others, a good flick overall. you really can't ask for a better soundtrack. i've seen it quite a number of times, and my favorite scene is the eleanor rigby part.

ZeppelinFan3890
08-06-2006, 04:09 PM
Question you hardcore Beatles fans should be able to answer in a second.

Which Beatle is singing in With A Little Help From My Friends (during the verses)?

AdayTripper
08-06-2006, 05:39 PM
Question you hardcore Beatles fans should be able to answer in a second.

Which Beatle is singing in With A Little Help From My Friends (during the verses)?
Ringo Starr (drummer) sings lead. The rest sing the harmonies.

ridcullylives
08-06-2006, 10:43 PM
Has anybody here seen Yellow Submarine? I havent seen that movie since I was like 5 or something. Has anyone seen Almost Famous? I borrowed that movie from my friend behind my moms back. I want to see it again sooo bad but mom wont let me no matter what I do :no: . Can someone refresh me what these movies are about? Life can be a bitch some times :mad: ! I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!! :cool:

Rock over London, Rock on Chicago!!!

And yes, I've seen both...but Almost Famous doesn't have much to do with the Beatles...

And I belive that anyone who hating the late Beatles because they're too "poppy" or not hardcore enough is just being stupid...you may not like the band, but don't make it sound like they're lame.

TheHeartbreaker
08-06-2006, 11:11 PM
Honestly, I thought the earlier Beatles were a lot "poppier" than the later Beatles.

Marines Rock
08-07-2006, 12:53 AM
I went to You Tube and saw some clips of Yellow Submarine and it was trippy. I saw that "All Together Now" clip, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds clip and the Elenor Rigby clip which by the way was my fav. Really trippy movie. Though I really like it. Hopefully I will see the whole movie someday. I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!! :cool:

paintITblack39
08-07-2006, 02:49 AM
I was watching the Anthology DVDs and it Paul, Ringo, and George said the band quit drugs after they saw a bunch of hippies on acid.

Anyway the "Paul is Dead" rumors are funny to talk about. There's so much facts and such. I sometimes tell clueless people that the real one is dead and I show them the clues. Some actually believe me :haha.

That's quite hard to figure out. I really like his acoustic work much better than his solos. The acoustic version of While My Guitar Gently Weeps is beautiful.

George Harrison + Acoustic Guitar = Beautiful Music. :D

ridcullylives
08-07-2006, 03:19 AM
^^ They quit acid in 1967 after seeing all the drugged out people in the Haight in SF and seeing how depressing the whole scene was.

However they all still smoked pot and John was a heroin addict through the White Album, Let it Be, and Abbey Road.

mercedesisbenz
08-07-2006, 03:45 AM
However they all still smoked pot and John was a heroin addict through the White Album, Let it Be, and Abbey Road.
I'm pretty sure happiness is a warm gun is about heroin from the white album, but from the articles ive read through i think he stopped before abbey road.

deni010
08-07-2006, 06:10 AM
i look at all the lonely people lol i love elanor rigby it's like the best song ever ( by the beatles, stairway to heaven is the best song ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

TheHeartbreaker
08-07-2006, 09:53 AM
^^n00b.

I'll say it before anyone else.

Speaking of Elanor Rigby, has anyone heard Jerry Garcia's instrumental cover of it?

I'm sure deadhead313313 has, if he bothers to venture into this thread.

paintITblack39
08-07-2006, 11:42 AM
I'm pretty sure happiness is a warm gun is about heroin from the white album, but from the articles ive read through i think he stopped before abbey road.
Yeah that's why BBC banned it. I read in their book, John tried to deny it. I'll look again sometime and find out.

Anyway, the BBC banned a lot of great Beatles songs. Didn't they ban Come Together because it apparently promoted Coca-Cola? :confused:

freewheelinbird
08-07-2006, 01:26 PM

your mom won't let you watch rated r movies? how old are you?

TimiHendrix33
08-07-2006, 01:40 PM
i look at all the lonely people lol i love elanor rigby it's like the best song ever ( by the beatles, stairway to heaven is the best song ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

:(

Don't worry,young jedi. You will learn.

ridcullylives
08-07-2006, 03:04 PM
The song Cold Turkey is about trying to quit heroin...and that was in his solo career.

Damn, that's an intense song.

TheHeartbreaker
08-07-2006, 03:05 PM
^^You got a new avatar.

So... whose everyones favorite Beatle?

Mine is George.

freewheelinbird
08-07-2006, 03:14 PM
john, because he's hilarious

mercedesisbenz
08-07-2006, 03:15 PM
I'm torn between John and Paul. They both have some incredible material imo but its too hard to pick just 1.

anyone hear anything about the documentary coming out called "The U.S. vs. Lennon?" Its supposed to be in theatres the 15th of september i can hardly wait.

TheHeartbreaker
08-07-2006, 03:46 PM
Is that about how the government tried to deport Lennon because of his political views?

Marines Rock
08-07-2006, 06:35 PM
My mom wont let me watch it because of all the drug influence in it. Lets just say I'm not old enough to drive yet. If one of my friends had the movie I would brorrow it from them and watch it when my mom goes to bed. She lets me watch some R rated movies I mean I have a butt load of Stephen King movies that I watch all the time and almost all of them are rated R. She wont let me watch any rated R movies with Drug content (or influenced by drugs) or sex content. I keep on telling her that when I finally move out of the house (not for awhile wich sucks) the first movies I will buy are Almost Famous and Yellow Submarine. Life can be a bitch sometime! I hope you have a nice day and ROCK ON!!!

icatchdinosaurs
08-07-2006, 09:13 PM
^^if anything,i would say that its a kids movie...

TheHeartbreaker
08-07-2006, 10:26 PM
Yellow Submarine?

That's what they said about Pee Wee's Play House, but that movie is exactly what I imagine acid being like.

freewheelinbird
08-07-2006, 11:34 PM
she won't let you watch YELLOW SUBMARINE? dude she's wayyyyyyyy over protective

sirpsycho85
08-07-2006, 11:46 PM
im getting a bit red to have to ask for beatles info from other beatleheads, but i really wanted to know if there was a full (or at least good) version of the Paul-written song "Suicide" anywhere at all? it's the awesome-sounding song that's clipped at the end of Paul's song Hot As Sun/Glasses. i have a slightly longer clip of it being sung with some beatles (you know just some ordinary beatles) accompanied by a piano in a bunch of files labeled Artifacts. So back to my question, anybody know if a good version of this song exists and if you do, where i can find it.

mercedesisbenz
08-08-2006, 12:35 AM
Yeah, im pretty psyched about people acctually making a movie about it. It just shows how much of an impact the beatles have had.

musiclover2399
08-08-2006, 05:42 PM
Does anyone have links to any sites about the whole Paul is dead thing? It sounds very interesting and I remember seventh grade my drama teacher whipped out Sgt. Peppers (original Vinyl) and said something about it but I wasn't paying attention and now it makes me sad :(

mercedesisbenz
08-08-2006, 05:50 PM
http://jeffmilner.com/backmasking.htm

there ya go, im convinced all of them are unintentional except the onein "empty spaces" by pink floyd, which is obviously intentional

musiclover2399
08-08-2006, 07:33 PM
^I've been to that site but are those the only ones that are backwards or have Paul is dead stuff to them? (The I'm so tired one was actually believable enough to probably be a joke-to me anyways)

freewheelinbird
08-08-2006, 09:48 PM
i'm really into revolver and the more poppy songs (martha my dear, i will) on the white album right now.

TheHeartbreaker
08-08-2006, 10:42 PM
I'm honestly not that huge on The Beatles/White Album.

I mean, I think it has some great stuff on it, but I don't like it as much as most other people seem to.

Honestly, I'm more of a Hard Day's Night and Rubber Soul guy.

rock_and_blues
08-09-2006, 05:10 PM
To marines rock, see if you can find an e-transcript of the Yellow Submarine script, then demand your mother read it and ask her to point out the drug references within it. There are none. The only thing that could be considered drug influenced in that movie are the animations, but that was art during the 60's. Also this movie is intended to be for children, the nonsensical plot can be credited to drugs, but it was not the intention to be some flick to get your kids to acid. Sit down and try to explain this to your mother and have a intellectual, rational conversation with her about. This film is a cultural experience and should be viewed as such. PM me for advice or tell me how it goes, I'm willing to help you out with this one brother.

paintITblack39
08-10-2006, 02:42 AM
I'm honestly not that huge on The Beatles/White Album.

I mean, I think it has some great stuff on it, but I don't like it as much as most other people seem to.

Honestly, I'm more of a Hard Day's Night and Rubber Soul guy.
Rubber Soul is a classic :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ND7wSZj-L0

Thats a really good cover of While My Guitar Gently Weeps. It has Petty, Lynne, and Prince (who by the way owns). It even has George Harrison's son playing the acoustic. You can see the clear resemblance. He looks just like him!

rplb
08-10-2006, 05:52 PM
heres a strange ebay listing i found will someone tell me what this is i cant even find it on google

http://cgi.ebay.ca/The-Beatles-Black-album-mini-lp_W0QQitemZ300015205779QQihZ020QQcategoryZ307QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

rock_and_blues
08-10-2006, 07:12 PM
its most likely stuff from the Get Back sessions that weren't released on Let It Be

rayIII
08-10-2006, 07:52 PM
well, they're amazing but I've played all their later stuff to death so I'm kinda getting into their older stuff (however it is quite "poppy" :p: )

Mr.Smith
08-10-2006, 07:53 PM
I've been looking for a thread like this for a loonng time. I'm so glad I found some other people that like The Beatles. For any of the people here that want to learn the rhythm for all of the Beatles songs I have this great chord book that has every Beatles song recorded. The book also has some songs that they recorded before they were famous and unreleased ones (In Spite Of All the Danger, Not Guilty, What's the New Mary Jane), including George's Indian influenced songs (Within You Without You, Love You To). It's called the Beatles Complete Chord Songbook and it has the four of them sitting in a row on the cover. A must have if you're looking to play Beatles songs.

rock_and_blues
08-10-2006, 08:00 PM
Is it just the chords or does it also have Georges solos? If so, do they have the Sitar solos in his songs? just curious

jim morrison714
08-10-2006, 09:59 PM
i think george is underrated and doesn't get as much credit as he should

cool video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKy73uTOhDc&mode=related&search=

Mr.Smith
08-11-2006, 01:25 PM
Is it just the chords or does it also have Georges solos? If so, do they have the Sitar solos in his songs? just curious

It's only chords because its used if you were to play guitar and sing at the same time or to play with a vocalist. They do have write down the chords played during the solo break, so you can figure out the solo or do what I do and improvise it.

EDIT:

i think george is underrated and doesn't get as much credit as he should

cool video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKy73uTOhDc&mode=related&search=

That video was amazing! I believe that that version was the first take from The White Album? You can tell because there's an extra verse that wasn't included in the finished version. Was the song and video from Anthology? I've been wanting to get that for a long time, is it any good?

jim morrison714
08-11-2006, 02:29 PM
That video was amazing! I believe that that version was the first take from The White Album? You can tell because there's an extra verse that wasn't included in the finished version. Was the song and video from Anthology? I've been wanting to get that for a long time, is it any good?[/QUOTE]

the acoustic version is on anthology

glm
04-18-2007, 05:23 PM
Can anyone recommend me some of there more agressavie songs?

Cptbeefheart
04-18-2007, 06:31 PM
There is another Beatles chat around here, a little further down the page, that is a little more active. But anyway for the time being, try Yer Blues, the single version of Revolution, I Want You (She's So Heavy), and Helter Skelter.

glm
04-18-2007, 06:55 PM
:cheers:

cmcampania07
04-18-2007, 07:12 PM
I pretty much grew up listening to the beatles (I'm not old but that's all my dad used to listen too), but my dad only listened to their nicer, melodic songs. It wasn't until I got older that I discovered songs like Helter Skelter, I Want You, and Oh Darling. Those guys rocked, definitely one of if not the best bands of all time!!!

Sloopy
04-18-2007, 07:48 PM
^ Nice. You're one of the not so noobish noobs. Capitals would be nice however.

Dammit I'm saying noob now too!

Ezuma
11-04-2008, 02:06 AM
I am a huge Beatles fan, although I do have to admit I haven't seen one of their films. I own every album and have a favourite Beatle.

I have to say I prefer the later, more "rock" tracks, particularly Lennon's, that preference actually becoming a trend throughout all the albums.

The choice of my favourite album is easy: Abbey Road, nudging out The White Album purely because it was the first Beatles record I ever owned. But asking me what my favourite song is, or even my top ten song list, is a challenge. They simply have too many great songs to just pick out two or three. But right now, off the top of my head, I'm going to list five of my favourite Beatles songs:

Help!
We Can Work It Out
Revolution
Hey Jude
Something

It's definitely hard work trying to think about a song for long enough that you know it's definitely a favourite, but not too long as to think about the other great songs you like.

tugboat
11-04-2008, 11:21 AM
You should really see the films, Ezuma. They're amazing.

Especially Hard Day's Night ;)

leftinflinflon
11-07-2008, 03:40 PM
What is really great about the early stuff is the energy caputured on the recordings, these were done basically off the floor, very few over dubs. I love the old Motown covers, they feel so good. "Love me Do", got them on the charts but not much else. Their 2nd single Please Please Me was original and fresh and so it went until they were done. If I only had one Beatle product it would be Abbey Road. It has it all.

nickstrobaugh
11-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Revolver IS the best Beatles album EVER