Billy Joel

PDA

View Full Version : Billy Joel

Sherman901
08-05-2006, 05:29 PM
Well, I've never really noticed Billy Joel that much. My dad likes him alot but I've never really cared to listen to him. Then I heard some songs off of The Essential Billy Joel and I just now realized he is an excellent songwriter. Goodnight Saigon is one of the best songs I've ever heard. Discuss.

On a completely off-topic and seperate discussion - the new Tom Petty CD is really good.

ledzep1023
08-05-2006, 05:30 PM
highway companion is amazing!!!

Stop Messin'
08-05-2006, 05:39 PM
Goddamn i though you meant the chick from green day at first, i almost took a heart atack seeing it in the classic rock forum.

My mom loves Billy Joel, she always has him cranked lol. I like a few of his songs.

You have some great concerts lined up too, can i come? :p:

alex_haeni
08-05-2006, 05:50 PM
I've loved these days=Best BJ song ever, it's perfect.
But, he is damn amazing.

kidsilcon
08-05-2006, 05:52 PM
Goddamn i though you meant the chick from green day at first, i almost took a heart atack seeing it in the classic rock forum.

My mom loves Billy Joel, she always has him cranked lol. I like a few of his songs.

You have some great concerts lined up too, can i come? :p:
woow your right id love to see every one of them apart from clapton not because i don't like him juts that i've saw him before

BlueOyster23
08-05-2006, 06:56 PM
"Piano Man" is a pure classic, few songs can rival it.

JethroTullfan72
08-05-2006, 11:13 PM
Billy Joel is one of the greatest musicians and songwriters of our time. I own every album.

Sherman901
08-06-2006, 01:09 AM
Why did it take me so long to recognize this? I don't get it. He isn't quite as good as my favorite artist, Bob Dylan, but he is really ****ing close. He's so amazing. Goodnight Saigon has me close to tears.

trey-col89
08-06-2006, 11:40 PM
Summer, Highland Falls

Thats all I need to say.

snipelfritz
08-07-2006, 12:34 AM
He's got some great tunes(i.e. Piano Man, We Didn't Start the Fire) and he has some stinkers(i.e. Uptown Girl). Overall, definately a great musician.

danocaster
08-07-2006, 10:32 AM
I used to write him off as a cheesy pop musician until I actually heard him - he's a great pop musician. Dont Ask Me Why, Piano Man, New York State Of Mind, Goodnight Saigon, Just The Way You Are, Honesty - all of these are fantastic songs.

Sherman901
08-07-2006, 04:49 PM
I used to write him off as a cheesy pop musician until I actually heard him - he's a great pop musician. Dont Ask Me Why, Piano Man, New York State Of Mind, Goodnight Saigon, Just The Way You Are, Honesty - all of these are fantastic songs.

Yeah, I used to think he was just some pop singer, but he's alot more than that. Currently I'm listening to It's Still Rock And Roll To Me. Awesome song.

Gin_Rummy
08-07-2006, 11:16 PM
"Piano Man" is a pure classic, few songs can rival it.

Well said.

psychodelia
08-08-2006, 12:29 AM

Yeah, I used to dismiss pop music, but damn I love Billy Joel now. I saw that musical/play thing Moving Out that features his music and I thought the band did a great job.

DireStraits
08-08-2006, 09:02 AM
I can't believe none of ya'lls has mentioned "Only The Good Die Young" yet... that song flows so well...