Jimi thread

PDA

View Full Version : Jimi thread

gibsonbrothers
08-06-2006, 07:32 PM
THIs is a thread with no( spamming) but is about both jimmy page and jimi hendrix and there technuiqes and musical theory!

Maet
08-06-2006, 07:45 PM
They had neither technical ability nor music theory knowledge.

End of discussion. :)

*Reported*

xX*Zeppelin*Xx
08-06-2006, 08:14 PM

Actually Page knew quite alot of music theory. It doesn't make up for his playing though.

mercedesisbenz
08-06-2006, 10:58 PM

End of discussion. :)

*Reported*
sorry but youre pretty stupid If you are serious. Honestly, to claim somthing like that and not back it up makes you look retarded, and to report a valid thread makes you seem even worse. Thanks for spamming the thread.

ON TOPIC: From what I've heard hendrix didn't know much theory and had almost no instruction in technique, but still manages to sound better than most of the people that will ever pick up the instrument imo. Jimmy Page on the other hand knew quite a bit about what he was doing but often played a bit sloppily.

TheHeartbreaker
08-06-2006, 11:12 PM
^^:cheers:

Maet = retarded.

ledhed68
08-06-2006, 11:18 PM
I think that Jimmy Page's sloppy playing might be largely due to his drug abuse, if you listen to earlier recordings, its not as sloppy as knebsworth in '79 for example

MusicHead32
08-06-2006, 11:58 PM
Both of them pwn. Two of the best ever, in the top five IMO.

TheUltimateSin
08-07-2006, 12:10 AM
:rolleyes: @ thread

http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/16/16377hswueoc9rz.gif

Maet
08-07-2006, 01:05 AM
sorry but youre pretty stupid If you are serious. Honestly, to claim somthing like that and not back it up makes you look retarded, and to report a valid thread makes you seem even worse. Thanks for spamming the thread.

Well excuse the crap out of me for not wanting to appear redundant.

And this thread is NOT valid as this is a discussion on Jimmy Page, a member of Led Zeppelin, outside of the ONLY Led Zeppelin thread.

:rolleyes:

ON TOPIC: From what I've heard hendrix didn't know much theory and had almost no instruction in technique, but still manages to sound better than most of the people that will ever pick up the instrument imo. Jimmy Page on the other hand knew quite a bit about what he was doing but often played a bit sloppily.

Sorry, but you're pretty stupid if you're serious. I mean to claim something like that and offer no proof really makes you look retarded.

It works both ways, bitch.

ridcullylives
08-07-2006, 01:36 AM
^^^

Jimmy was a session guitarist and therefore had to teach himself to read music and sightread and play in a whole bunch of different styles...however, drugs made him sloppy when he was playing for himself in Led Zep.

Jimi may not have known much music theory or been that technical of a player, but I would really like to see the two of you go head to head and then see who comes out as the better guitarist.

amhso
08-07-2006, 03:17 AM
maet's profanity in his language shows immaturity, like a 5 year old. we'll just ignore him to prevent flame.

I think I could care less about theory if it sounds good. Music is what you hear isn't it? It takes skill to make something sound good, especially that unique like jimi hendrix.

mercedesisbenz
08-07-2006, 03:22 AM
I think that Jimmy Page's sloppy playing might be largely due to his drug abuse, if you listen to earlier recordings, its not as sloppy as knebsworth in '79 for example

knebsworth was after robert was coming out of an accident he had, I read a book on led zep a while ago but cant remember exactly what the incident was, but i think it was a broken leg or somthing, and if i remember correctly his daughter had passed away near the same time, so they hadnt really been practicing much, and it showed. The book also noted i believe that he had come out of his heroein abuse a couple years prior to that as well. The book was written by richard cole, thier long time tour manager. Dont quote me though i couldve gotten the years mixed up.

Maet: I'm not even gonna respond, you really arent adding anything constructive to the discussion. Your response is honestly just sad if you let an online forum get to you that much.

rx_eb
08-07-2006, 04:28 AM
Well excuse the crap out of me for not wanting to appear redundant.

And this thread is NOT valid as this is a discussion on Jimmy Page, a member of Led Zeppelin, outside of the ONLY Led Zeppelin thread.

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes: somebody's trying so hard to be a mod
but seriously stop being such a prick

talking about Jimmy Page is not valid but this thread isn't.
it'd not be valid if its title is Jimmy or Jimmy Page and the thread itself talks only about him but too bad guess what the title is? ...Jimi and there's only one renown CR musician named Jimi, or so I've heard and he's not a member of Led Zeppelin.

so why can't just shut the fuck up and let others at least talk about Hendrix?

don't come to a thread next time to just flame and spam

^ retarded comment like this is uncalled for

:peace: