Did Jimmy Hendrix ever Palm mute???

PDA

View Full Version : Did Jimmy Hendrix ever Palm mute???

howlieboy69
08-09-2006, 07:56 AM
did he,? if so what songs?

La Qotsa
08-09-2006, 08:03 AM
Jimi Hendrix, please.

Derigiberble
08-09-2006, 08:06 AM
Yes, nearly every song.

GuitarPro92
08-09-2006, 08:10 AM
AARGH!! JIMI HENDRIX u dick.

howlieboy69
08-09-2006, 08:12 AM
if you dont know dont post

Cheesepuff
08-09-2006, 08:12 AM
Jimi. His name is Jimi Hendrix. Thats how you spell Jimi, with an I. It's almost like a mantra.

Jimi Jimi Jimi Jimi Jimi Jimi Jimi Jimi Jimi Jimi Jimi Jimi Jimi Jimi Jimi...

It kicks Ohhhmmm's ass.

Edit : ...and he palm muted on most, if not every one of his songs.

DevilsIsland
08-09-2006, 08:14 AM
he palm mutes in Castles Made of sand..not a chunky sound due to lack of distortion

JamieQ
08-09-2006, 08:17 AM
Jimi. His name is Jimi Hendrix. Thats how you spell Jimi, with an I. It's almost like a mantra.

Jimi Jimi Jimi Jimi Jimi Jimi Jimi Jimi Jimi Jimi Jimi Jimi Jimi Jimi Jimi...

It kicks Ohhhmmm's ass.

Edit : ...and he palm muted on most, if not every one of his songs.

Actually, his name is James haha :peace:

Derigiberble
08-09-2006, 08:19 AM
Actually, his name is James haha :peace:

Don't be anal ;)

howlieboy69
08-09-2006, 08:20 AM
about cheesepuffs coment--

actually he was born johnny allen hendrix, before his father changed it to james marshall hendrix, so cheesepuff is a big homo and needs to not post when he doesnt have anything productive to add to the conversation. people need to calm the **** down in all these forums, its just flame after flame after flame, everybody just STOP!!!!

JamieQ
08-09-2006, 08:23 AM
Don't be anal ;)

Don't be a faggot ;)

howlieboy69
08-09-2006, 08:28 AM
jamie q, dont post if you cant bring anything to the discussion

Cheesepuff
08-09-2006, 08:58 AM
I wasn't flaming, and I know he was Johnny Allen Hendrix before James Marshall before Jimi. I read that article, and I did bring something to the discussion. He palm muted a ton of his songs but not metall-y palm muting like you'd expect.

Ok, I'll name some, Voodoo Chile, Little Wing, Castles made of Sand, Purple Haze(just a bit) etc...

And did you say I'm a homo? :(

Cpt.Jackass
08-09-2006, 09:00 AM
about cheesepuffs coment--

actually he was born johnny allen hendrix, before his father changed it to james marshall hendrix, so cheesepuff is a big homo and needs to not post when he doesnt have anything productive to add to the conversation. people need to calm the **** down in all these forums, its just flame after flame after flame, everybody just STOP!!!!

Dude i've read his biography, he was born James Marshall Hendrix. ''Johnny Allen Hendrix'' (:haha) never came into the equation. Al hendrix never mentioned anything about that name. And his Aunt Delores named him James, but didn't tell Al, because he would think Hendrix's mother (Lucille Hendrix) had been with another man. Since Al expected him to be named after him. If you understand, I didn't explain it very well.

JamieQ
08-09-2006, 09:00 AM
jamie q, dont post if you cant bring anything to the discussion

I did bring something into conversation? Are you a Forum Overlord Warrior Demon Princess with a Jackie Chan sidekick?

TheHeartbreaker
08-09-2006, 09:24 AM
Dude i've read his biography, he was born James Marshall Hendrix. ''Johnny Allen Hendrix'' (:haha) never came into the equation. Al hendrix never mentioned anything about that name. And his Aunt Delores named him James, but didn't tell Al, because he would think Hendrix's mother (Lucille Hendrix) had been with another man. Since Al expected him to be named after him. If you understand, I didn't explain it very well.

Well, then the biography you read was a piece of ****.

He was born Johnny Allen Hendrix, but his name was legally changed to James Marshall in 1946, and this remained his legal name until his death.