Bleeding Heart

PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding Heart

rocknroll blues
08-09-2006, 09:46 AM
Liberals!!!!

No, just kidding.

I was actually referring to the Jimi Hendrix pseudo-bootleg of some show in New York. The sound quality is mediocre at best, but it has some shining moments, such as Jim Morrison jumping onstage and screaming obscenitites (such as "FUCK HER IN THE ASS!!!" or the infinitely more eloquent "Find your favorite little girl and... FUCK HER IN THE ASS!!!") and Jimi (and whoever else it is he's playing with) covering Tomorrow Never Knows (The Beatles), Outside Woman Blues, and Sunshine of Your Love (both Cream). All of which, of course, are brought into the 5th dimension and skewed beyond recognition excepting certain moments.

Anyway, has anyone else come across this show? Also, there are three songs on here that I've never heard of before and was wondering if they were covers or not: Wake Up This Morning and Find Yourself Dead, Uranus Rock, and Bleeding Heart.

Thanks.

TheHeartbreaker
08-09-2006, 11:58 AM
I've never heard that show before.

I don't believe any of those songs you mentioned were covers.

Woke Up This Morning and Found Myself Dead (the title put into past tense) is the name of a low quality club performance.

As far as Uranus Rock goes (which I've never heard of before), it seems as though it only appears on live albums.

Bleeding Heart is the only one of those songs that I know is on an actual studio album, and it happens to appear on South Saturn Delta.

Dog Eat Dog
08-10-2006, 12:52 AM
Yeah i have this album, i bought in a black box for $2.99 with other songs eg Little Wing, sunshine of your love.

This is who wrote the songs you asked about:

Wake up this morning, and find yourself dead- Hendrix
Uranus Rock-Hendrix
Bleeding Heart-Elmore James

The song in which Morrison screams obsenities on, is called Morrisons Lament,

frippogenics
08-10-2006, 06:18 PM
That sounds cool. Is it worth it to own?

rocknroll blues
08-10-2006, 06:54 PM
Meh. I dunno. I got it for free from a friend.

But, for 3 bucks like Dog Eat Dog got it may be worthwhile.

EDIT:

I forgot to mention, but apparantly Hendrix had his roadies kick the **** out of Morrison in the alley after the gig, presumably because he just ****ed around onstage.

alex_haeni
08-10-2006, 08:52 PM
Jim Morrison jumping onstage and screaming obscenitites (such as "FUCK HER IN THE ASS!!!" or the infinitely more eloquent "Find your favorite little girl and... FUCK HER IN THE ASS!!!")

Thanks.
:haha, Jim morrison is amazing.
Never heard of that disc though, sorry.

TheHeartbreaker
08-10-2006, 09:24 PM
Bleeding Heart-Elmore James

Elmore James?

Really?

That's awesome. :D

Johnsonville
08-11-2006, 12:54 AM
ya F[U]ck your lady in the ass I have that album