Astronomy Lyrics.... What do they mean??

PDA

View Full Version : Astronomy Lyrics.... What do they mean??

Dollars
08-09-2006, 12:24 PM
Astronomy Lyrics.... What do they mean??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dont know if this thread has been posted but here we go.

Im studying the meaning of the lyrics of songs. The one inperticular is "Astronony" by Blue Oyster Cult and then ramped by Metallica.

I have done a bit of research and my head is all over the shop thinking that it could be about a girl getting r@ped, girls losing virinity, then I look into stuff like Greek mythology and things like that and my god its starting to freek me out! And I thought Pink Floyd had some weird lyrics with underlining meanings.

Anyway, anyone out there who may be able to shed some light on this subject I'd be in your debt..

PS: I dont give a sh!t who does the best version of the song.

BlueOyster23
08-09-2006, 04:56 PM
I posted this same thread about a year ago, creepy...

But anyway, the song has a meaning, I'll look it up later, but one theory is about a girl's first lesbian experience, for instance "One door's meant to take you in, the other one just mirrors it"
Think about it...okay

But the song has another, true meaning to it that's explored in the 'Imaginos' album, I'll post it if I have time.

alex_haeni
08-09-2006, 05:10 PM
I posted this same thread about a year ago, creepy...

But anyway, the song has a meaning, I'll look it up later, but one theory is about a girl's first lesbian experience, for instance "One door's meant to take you in, the other one just mirrors it"
Think about it...okay

That defenitaly makes sense.
[/not bieng sarcastic]