Long or Short Hair?

PDA

View Full Version : Long or Short Hair?

stonegolem13
08-11-2006, 02:08 PM
I thought it would be interesting to find out how many of us Classic Rock listeners, whose favourite artist will have generally had long hair, have long hair.....so, do you have long hair or short hair? Use the poll provided and discuss the topic if you wish.

For the purposes of this thread long hair should be at least 2.5 inches (about 6cm) long from root to tip.....

I have longer hair than 2.5 inches so.....long for me

TheUltimateSin
08-11-2006, 02:10 PM
Both

Where is that on the poll?

Rip off...

lespaulkevin
08-11-2006, 02:15 PM
short hair

R0CKER1220
08-11-2006, 02:18 PM
Long, it's not quite 2.5 but it's close enough and I'm growing it out.

xX*Zeppelin*Xx
08-11-2006, 02:19 PM
long hair

stonegolem13
08-11-2006, 02:19 PM
Both

Where is that on the poll?

Rip off...

How can you have both? Anyway if your going to be awkward just don't vote...that way you're voting for both...happy?

cockzit
08-11-2006, 02:21 PM
Mines at least 12 inches from the root. I always get compliments from black girls about my hair.

Mr.Smith
08-11-2006, 02:22 PM
Where is the medium option?

stonegolem13
08-11-2006, 02:23 PM
If you have exactly 2.5 inches it's long

Mr.Smith
08-11-2006, 02:24 PM
Long it is then.

Y-y-yeah
08-11-2006, 02:24 PM
2.5 inches? thats not long at all
mines at least 10 inches root to tip

TheUltimateSin
08-11-2006, 02:25 PM
How can you have both?

Because my hair length varies. I don't always have long hair, I don't always have short hair :rolleyes:

Typical. I provide a situation that was bound to turn up sooner or later, and you react in the typical noobish way not knowing how to handle it.

add45
08-11-2006, 02:26 PM
Mine's medium, but I get it spiked/messed up quite a lot and that makes it look shorter. So I'll go with short.

stonegolem13
08-11-2006, 02:27 PM
Because my hair length varies. I don't always have long hair, I don't always have short hair

Typical. I provide a situation that was bound to turn up sooner or later, and you react in the typical noobish way not knowing how to handle it.

Well what have you got at the minute then (you'd think it was brain surgery)

wilty00
08-11-2006, 02:31 PM
I don't have a ruler at the moment so I can't measure, but mines shaggy... not like shoulder length or any of that.

I think before I got my haircut it would've qualified as long.

Sherman901
08-11-2006, 03:35 PM
I have long hair, it looks more like Lennon on the cover of Lennon Legend CD or in my avatar. I'm growing it out to be like Dave Gilmour during the Animals tour, though.

Oh, and UltimateSin, humble yourself. Noob.

TheUltimateSin
08-11-2006, 03:40 PM
Oh, and UltimateSin, humble yourself. Noob.

You know, If I really cared what you thought, then right about here I'd proceed to flame the crap out of you for that being that you've only been here since January and have no grounds or standing to call anyone a noob.

But, since it wouldn't sink in to you anyway, I won't bother.

So, if it really made you feel better and made you feel big to say that, so be it.

freewheelinbird
08-11-2006, 04:16 PM
You know, If I really cared what you thought, then right about here I'd proceed to flame the crap out of you for that being that you've only been here since January and have no grounds or standing to call anyone a noob.

well you basically just did...and how long you've been here doesn't qualify you as a "noob" or not. if you ask me, feeling superior because youve got seniority at a guitar website is more "noobish" than a guy saying "humble yourself" when you flamed some guy for being a "noob" unjustly

but aside from that rant, i like my hair long.

kaotik420
08-11-2006, 04:18 PM
How can you have both?
you've never seen a mullet? business at the front, party at the back :D

i (usually) have short hair, unless i've been to lazy to get it cut for a while.

Sherman901
08-11-2006, 04:33 PM

So, if it really made you feel better and made you feel big to say that, so be it.

Like the date I joined really has some kind of significant social status? What I'm trying to get across to you is that because you joined earlier than I did does not make you more logical or experienced in anything at all. In fact, the way you are acting around here, I figure you have some sort of Napoleon Complex. Are you overcompensating for something? Noob.

REBARMAN99
08-11-2006, 05:07 PM
Long--------when its braided it reaches my belt

TheUltimateSin
08-11-2006, 05:17 PM
Like the date I joined really has some kind of significant social status? What I'm trying to get across to you is that because you joined earlier than I did does not make you more logical or experienced in anything at all. In fact, the way you are acting around here, I figure you have some sort of Napoleon Complex. Are you overcompensating for something? Noob.

:haha I'm not even touchin' that. I'll leave you to your delusions.

And freewheelinbird, that wasn't flaming. That wasn't even remotely close. In fact, how you interpreted it as flaming is beyond me. There is a difference between flaming and explaining. I suggest you hit up a dictionary or some other means of getting educated to said difference.

ufossuck
08-11-2006, 06:58 PM
My hair would be shoulder length, but it's too damned curly, so it's just a big mass of hair.

Peaceful Rocker
08-11-2006, 07:57 PM
2.5 inches is very short hair, compared to mine lol :)

imo unless you can tie in back, and it goes a bit past your shoulders you've still got short hair in my book, long hairs gotta be rockin long

freewheelinbird
08-11-2006, 07:59 PM
My hair would be shoulder length, but it's too damned curly, so it's just a big mass of hair.

well hey, very few rock stars had straight long hair, and it looked kinda goofy on most of them, and plant and page and allen collins (skynyrd) all had super curly/massive hair. don't give up!

and ultimatesin- i guess you didn't mean any harm by it, but you just sound like you're constantly looking down your nose at people from a soapbox.

TheUltimateSin
08-11-2006, 08:29 PM
and ultimatesin- i guess you didn't mean any harm by it, but you just sound like you're constantly looking down your nose at people from a soapbox.

Sometimes the way things are worded can imply that. But it is usually impossible to tell tone over the internet(unless someone is really laying it on thick. and in that case, you'd know it.)

ufossuck
08-11-2006, 08:45 PM
well hey, very few rock stars had straight long hair, and it looked kinda goofy on most of them, and plant and page and allen collins (skynyrd) all had super curly/massive hair. don't give up!
Coming from the guy with Johnny Winter as a display picture.

pineappletabs
08-11-2006, 08:53 PM
No way!I totally disagree! Look at The guitar player in Sexy Rexy's band. He has long, shoulder length hair, straight, blonde and it really suits him!PLus also Keith Urband has long and straight hair! Anyways.

dionysus85
08-11-2006, 09:40 PM
my hair used to be about a foot long but now its maybe 1 1/2 inches

im the minority here, yay

TheHeartbreaker
08-11-2006, 09:53 PM
It's not as long as it used to be - it never was too long anyways - close to my neck.

It's a little shorter now, but I want to grow it out again.

freewheelinbird
08-11-2006, 10:08 PM
Coming from the guy with Johnny Winter as a display picture.

i said on MOST of them. i'm thinking about how goofy freddy and john deacon looked with long hair (just first ones that came to mind)

TheHeartbreaker
08-11-2006, 10:12 PM
Rick Wakeman had some longass hair.

Dog Eat Dog
08-11-2006, 10:20 PM
Long.

jim morrison714
08-11-2006, 11:53 PM
i got mine cut today cause of school :sad:

snipelfritz
08-11-2006, 11:59 PM
Mines just barely long by your standard, but I might get it cut soon.

Right now it just puffs out. Its very bad, because my hair is straight and looks bad puffy.

psychodelia
08-12-2006, 12:55 AM
Straight long hair, maybe a foot long. Yes, I fit the stereotype I guess.

The Arch-Mage
08-12-2006, 03:00 AM
I guess you could consider mine long. My dad forced me to cut it a few times, but he doesn't force me to anymore. I plan on growing it until I graduate, then cut it, so I can say, "Yeah, that's right, I was quite the rebel in my day".

Edit: In case you didn't get that stuff in quotations, don't take it the wrong way, I was being sarcastic.

That_Pink_Queen
08-12-2006, 06:13 AM
~5"

DireStraits
08-12-2006, 09:49 AM
Think John Illsley from the Dire Straits

http://www.multinet.no/~jonarne/Hjemmesia/Favorittartister/dire_straits/dire_straits_17.jpg

Does that qualify as long? It's really curly but still goes to the small of my back.

Burpin'Worm
08-12-2006, 10:20 AM
I've had it long in the past (shoulder length), it's short now.

VoodooChild15
08-12-2006, 10:24 AM
Mine's five or six inches, but it curls Dylan style. If it were straight I'd look a Revolver-era Beatle.

TheHeartbreaker
08-12-2006, 10:27 AM
My is pretty curly, and usually is just a giant puff - I'm trying to straighten out so it grows down rather than out, so I've been wearing hats a lot.

However, my hair has a natural curl at the end where it curls out like "wings".

They drive me nuts, but hopefully they'll look better if my hair gets a little longer.

EL Conquestidor
08-12-2006, 10:59 AM
I've kinda alternated over the years, Went thru a mid life crisis when I turned 40 and grew it pony tail long again for a couple years. But I keep it basically short now. Get about 3 (done by wife at home) haircuts a year. I never really liked the way I look w/short hair, so I now wear a cap anytime out of the house. And I get "hat head hair" real bad. When I start to look like Bozo the Clown, I get it cut.

TheHeartbreaker
08-12-2006, 11:07 AM
Haha.

I honestly hate having short hair - especially the first few days after getting a hair cut.

stonegolem13
08-12-2006, 11:24 AM
Think John Illsley from the Dire Straits

http://www.multinet.no/~jonarne/Hjemmesia/Favorittartister/dire_straits/dire_straits_17.jpg

Does that qualify as long? It's really curly but still goes to the small of my back.

Yes that counts as long, just

Aidy Damage
08-12-2006, 11:27 AM
Had it long in the past, but it's short now.

The Shadow
08-12-2006, 12:01 PM
Mine used to come down several inches past my shoulders, but lately I've been getting it cut so that it sits an inch or so above my shoulders. It's still long, though.