Take it from behind

PDA

View Full Version : Take it from behind

ridcullylives
08-14-2006, 08:24 PM
On Layla and Other Love Songs, there's a great blues/rock number called "Roll it Over."

These are the lyrics.

Go down easy and let me take my time.
Go down easy and let me take my time.
Rock me slow till I lose my mind.

Roll it over, let's take it from behind.
Roll it over, let's take it from behind.
It's only love, God knows it ain't no crime.

You don't know how much it means to be here in your arms.
Roll it over.
Roll it over.

Does anybody have any idea what this song could be/is about besides....blowjobs and sodomy/anal sex? I've been trying to figure that out...

Maet
08-14-2006, 08:48 PM
Somebody in the band probably had a thing for anal sex before a rough ride gave them a terrible case of hemorrhoids.

snipelfritz
08-15-2006, 12:27 AM
Really, I think you hit it on the head(threadstarter that is).

I'm trying to find something else, but I can't.

TheUltimateSin
08-15-2006, 01:49 AM
No, I think you pretty much nailed it.

Garf72
08-15-2006, 06:42 AM
:sexsmile:

kelix
08-15-2006, 06:49 AM
Dont think there is any doubt what that song is about!

:D I like it lol :D

clapton-floyd
08-15-2006, 07:33 AM
And they say Tenacious D are "vulagar". lol

TheHeartbreaker
08-15-2006, 08:50 AM
:haha

Great lyrics.

Speaking of Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs, for probably close to a year I thought that the lyrics in the chorus were...

"I don't want to fade away,
Give me all your babies,"

But it's actually...

"I don't want to fade away,
Give me one more day, please,"

That's my story.

wilty00
08-15-2006, 06:45 PM
I don't know how "Take It From Behind" can be translated into anything other than taking it in the ass.

frippogenics
08-15-2006, 07:00 PM
Yeah, I remember hearing that song for the first time. I was confused at first...wasn't expecting Derek And The Dominos to have such dirty minds. Still a pretty good song.

psychodelia
08-15-2006, 07:29 PM
Yeah, I remember hearing that song for the first time. I was confused at first...wasn't expecting Derek And The Dominos to have such dirty minds. Still a pretty good song.

Yeah, I was like, there's no way it's that dirty.

Awesome solo though.

AdayTripper
08-16-2006, 09:35 PM
What made you think twice it wasn't about that?

ridcullylives
08-17-2006, 01:14 AM
Usually songs aren't just...blatantly about anal sex.

Dog Eat Dog
08-17-2006, 01:30 AM
Is this on a special edition? on my LAOALS i dont have it, the last song is Thorn tree in the garden (great song by the way)

ridcullylives
08-17-2006, 02:16 AM
Maybe it's not on Layla...

I know it's on the Crossroads thing and I just assumed it was a song I had ignored on Layla...but I guess it's not.

And thorn tree in the garden is a beautiful song...very underrated.

TheHeartbreaker
08-17-2006, 09:01 AM
After my last post I thought to myself, "I'm not really sure this song is actually on the album...", and it's not.

The only recordings of the song you'll get will be live recordings, but I'm not sure that any of them were actually recorded by Derek and the Dominos.

The song was written by Eric Clapton and Bobby Whitlock (keyboardist, lead singer, and songwriter for Derek and the Dominos), but I don't believe there are any official recordings of Derek and the Dominos playing this song.

I know that "Take It from Behind" appears on the Eric Clapton's Rainbow Concert CD, but unless the members of Derek and the Dominos made a guest appearance, the song was performed by Eric Clapton, George Harrison, Jim Capaldi (of Traffic on drums), and Ric Grech (on bass).

The song appears on neither The Fillmore Concert or Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs: 20th Anniversary Edition Box Set, so the only chances you'll have of finding this song performed by Derek and the Dominos will be through live bootleg recordings.

frippogenics
08-17-2006, 12:09 PM
^ This songs on Eric Clapton's "Crossroads" Box Set and is credited under Derek And The Dominos. Also, it's on Derek And The Dominos' "Live At The Fillmore" album.

TheHeartbreaker
08-17-2006, 12:11 PM
Really?

Maybe I overlooked it...

Edit: Ha, I was looking for "Take It From Behind", rather than "Roll it Over".

ridcullylives
08-17-2006, 03:35 PM
^^ I just titled it that because I figured then more people would look at the thread.

Dog Eat Dog
08-18-2006, 02:18 AM
:sad: I was looking foward to hearing that song

TheHeartbreaker
08-18-2006, 08:10 AM
^^ I just titled it that because I figured then more people would look at the thread.

Yeah, I know, but I forgot when I was looking on the back of the CDs.