Dylan Concert

PDA

View Full Version : Dylan Concert

frippogenics
08-15-2006, 05:08 PM
I went to a Dylan concert 2 days ago not knowing what to expect and man, you cannot hear the guy at all. Sometimes, since his voice and arrangements are so different from his original songs, I couldn't tell what song he was singing until a few minutes in.

Other than that, it was pretty cool. He's a beast on a steel pedal, rocking an extended solo on "Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again." Ironically, my favorite songs that he played were ones that I've never heard of before.

The biggest surprise of the night was when one of the opening bands for Dylan (forgot their name) brought out Eric Clapton outta nowhere, in the middle of their set. He pretty much rocked the house.

Anyone else see Dylan in concert? What are your impressions.

karateguy29
08-15-2006, 05:19 PM
I wish I could go, I have the opportunity to go but my God Damn soccer double sessions interfere.

self-made_page
08-15-2006, 05:20 PM
I'm going on the 20th.

Sherman901
08-15-2006, 05:42 PM
I went to a Dylan concert 2 days ago not knowing what to expect and man, you cannot hear the guy at all. Sometimes, since his voice and arrangements are so different from his original songs, I couldn't tell what song he was singing until a few minutes in.

Other than that, it was pretty cool. He's a beast on a steel pedal, rocking an extended solo on "Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again." Ironically, my favorite songs that he played were ones that I've never heard of before.

The biggest surprise of the night was when one of the opening bands for Dylan (forgot their name) brought out Eric Clapton outta nowhere, in the middle of their set. He pretty much rocked the house.

I went and saw him this past weekend at a ballpark. Bringing out Eric Clapton though, what the ****?? I want to see that. Bob was absolutely amazing though, it is one of the best concerts I have ever seen. It was so much fun.

TheHeartbreaker
08-16-2006, 10:07 AM
My dad has seen him before, and he'll be coming to me sometime soon I believe.

Not sure if I'm going to go, though.

The cool thing about Dylan is that whenever he starts up a new album he has his practice sessions at the Bardavon 1869 Opera House in Poughkeepsie, New York, which is where I'm from. :D

I don't live there anymore, though...

paintITblack39
08-16-2006, 11:07 AM
I want to go, but I'm gonna be in school by the time he comes around here.

TheHeartbreaker
08-16-2006, 11:23 AM
Same, but if he has a show on the weekend it wouldn't matter.

BlueOyster23
08-16-2006, 11:42 AM
I saw last summer, when gas prices were low, so I didn't matter that I traveled about 2-3 hours to get there, one of the best concerts I've been to. Plus I was only about 30 feet from the stage out on the field.

stonegolem13
08-16-2006, 12:38 PM
I'd kill to see Dylan live....but I don't think he tours near me....pity

China Groove
08-16-2006, 03:45 PM
I saw bobby D a couple years back, and i gotta say i wasnt impressed.. all he played was a bunch of new stuff (i dont recall the cd he was promoting) but yeah he didnt do any of his classic jams... i was dissapointed

Jesse Mrau
08-16-2006, 04:08 PM
When I saw Bob Dylan last summer, it was great. Sometimes it was a little difficult to understand some voacals, but I still loved it. Except he didn't touch any type of guitar, just vocal keyboards and harmonica. Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again was also my favorite song of the concert, if you don't count the encore.

sirpsycho85
08-16-2006, 04:26 PM
makes me wonder why Bob himself didn't bring out clapton.

daft
08-16-2006, 04:32 PM

I saw him two years ago I think, and he was disappointing. :( I know I am not that much of a Dylan fan and I didn't know 3/5 of the songs he played as they were from the 80s/90s I think and I know very little from then. He also was hard to hear when singing so it was quite disappointing.
The day wasn't runied though as it was mini-festival thing so Gary Moore played before Dylan and he was fantastic - such a great live guitarist.

angus69
08-18-2006, 04:14 PM
dylan is my fav artist of all time... but i dunno know why but i am afrid of going to one of it's concert because i don't wan't to discover that his not how i like him ( especially by hering all those reviews about his gigs)..