Buzzing Sound in My Acoustic?

PDA

View Full Version : Buzzing Sound in My Acoustic?

Morgy
08-16-2006, 05:55 PM
I got my acoustic guitar at Christmas 2005, so its only 8 months old. It's a Simon & Patrick Showcase Folk Rosewood acoustic, and when I first got it, sometimes when I played there was a buzzing sound coming from inside the body.

When I asked my guitar tutor, he told me that he sometimes had the same problem with his acoustics, and explained to me that it was possibly the trussrod. But anyways, after a short while it stopped.

Now..... it's kind of back again. It's one of those things that can be there one minute when you play, then away the next. But when I'm playing and the buzzing starts, it really puts me off.

I'm just wondering has anyone else ever had this problem, and how did they get rid of it? Any advice/suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance, Neil. :)

brandonian
08-16-2006, 08:12 PM
Is it an acoustic/electric? I had that problem with one of mine, and as it turns out, there was a wire hanging down from the pickup that was barely touching the inside of my guitar. It only buzzed when I held it at a certain angle, so it wasn't always there. I fixed it with a little peice of tape when I changed my strings. No more buzzing.

Morgy
08-17-2006, 06:31 AM
Nope, it's not a semi-acoustic, just a plain acoustic guitar. I'm pretty sure it's coming from the trussrod, but I don't know what to do with it.

dead-tab-master
08-17-2006, 07:15 AM
I have the same poblem... rather i had the problem. look in the guitar. I found a BB bullet in mine and when i played it... made a slight buzzing noise. :devil:

Nogert
08-17-2006, 08:46 AM
I also have the same problem with the buzzing noise, but I don't know what it is and haven't fixed it, I find that if you put a bit of pressure of the neck when you play it goes.

guitaristclass
08-17-2006, 08:59 AM
It could be your tequnique... this is nothing to worry about, the best of the best somehow make there 2000 ovations buzz so...

Ash

Morgy
08-17-2006, 10:06 AM
It could be your tequnique... this is nothing to worry about, the best of the best somehow make there 2000 ovations buzz so...

Ash

Don't mean to sound full of myself, but it isn't my technique - When out with my teacher, I played it and he heard it for himself. He then took my acoustic and played it for himself, and it made the buzzing sound for him. And trust me, he doesn't have bad technique.

And I'm pretty sure nothing like a BB gun bullet is stuck in the body :)

OddOneOut
08-17-2006, 11:50 AM
take it to a shop and get it sorted out if you're not completely sure whats making the buzzing noise, yes you'll probably have to pay but at least they should be able to sort it out and stop the buzzing from reaccuring.

reholli
08-17-2006, 01:26 PM
Sometimes one of the strings is hanging down too far below the bridge...they should be snug up against the bridge plate on the underside of the bridge. Also, braces can loosen or crack and start to buzz. Have you looked around inside with a mirror?

Morgy
08-18-2006, 07:13 AM
Yeah, I suppose I should make sure and see that there's nothing inside making the noise, so I'll try looking around with a mirror.

Thanks for all your help. :)

Sveta
08-18-2006, 07:51 AM
well i had the same prob actually, as long as i know, this buzz sound comes when strings are new or untuned...but then it must dissappear, i think.

Morgy
08-18-2006, 02:38 PM
well i had the same prob actually, as long as i know, this buzz sound comes when strings are new or untuned...but then it must dissappear, i think.

It isn't fret buzz ;) It's definitely coming from where the trussrod is, so I'll just leave it at that and get it sorted next time I'm with my tutor.

Desk Jocky
08-18-2006, 02:54 PM
It isn't fret buzz ;) It's definitely coming from where the trussrod is, so I'll just leave it at that and get it sorted next time I'm with my tutor.
This highlights something that most guitarists forget.....
Find a guitar tech you trust and make sure they have had a boo at all your guitars.
A tech will diagnose the problem quickly as they will have seen it a million times.... and you can get your action looked at while they are fixing the first problem.

Good luck and let us know what happens, please.

DJ