Queen+ Paul Rodgers To Record New Studio Album

PDA

View Full Version : Queen+ Paul Rodgers To Record New Studio Album

FreddieMercury
08-17-2006, 11:24 AM
Yes, strangely enough I talked to Paul last night, the one and only Paul Rodgers, and confirmed that we will be heading into the studio in October .... at a secret location !

There was an intent there for a while, but we have all been busy picking up our lives in different ways. I was perhaps a little forward in announcing our plans in that message ... but now it really looks as if we are on.

First I must tell yo'all ....

Paul will be here in the UK - ON TOUR ! So get your tickets now if you want to catch him at the Albert Hall, Sheffield City Hall ...etc ... a date list is ... HERE !! .

Roger and I will not be appearing with him on this trip, of course - he has his own band, which features an old friend, guitarist Howard Leese, from Heart, that excellent band from Seattle who did some dates with us in the UK all those years ago. It will be good to see the Paul Rodgers we all grew up with, doing his own material, from Free to Bad Company and the Firm, plus, I'm sure, a good helping of the pure blues material which is such a main artery of Paul's music.

But then we will be turning our heads towards the studio interaction which, just possibly, will bring us all to a new place. We will take it gently at first, the priority being to feel good, and put ourselves in the mood to create.

Directly from brian may's website.

TheHeartbreaker
08-17-2006, 11:28 AM
That's interesting.

I haven't listened to Queen much, but I do like everything I've heard by them.

Paul Rodgers, on the other hand, is one of my favorite voalists, so I've listened to him a lot.

I've seen some videos of him performing with Queen in concert, and they seem great together.

I'm sure their album will be fantastic.

add45
08-17-2006, 11:33 AM
Not the same without Freddie (R.I.P.)

But yeah, should still be great, can't wait :)

krymson
08-17-2006, 11:36 AM
Wonder how much his creative imput is going to contribute to the sound though.

Oh well still looking forward

FreddieMercury
08-17-2006, 04:02 PM
its been a while for all of them hopefully there creativity will be at all time high

sirpsycho85
08-17-2006, 04:17 PM
great, i was hoping they would. no reason not to, they're not pretending to be anything the're not, but if there was a new band without the pressure of the name queen that had all these people in it i'm sure we'd all be looking forward to it.

Andrewbiles
08-17-2006, 04:43 PM
So long as they choose a new name I don't mind. If they want to release something under Queen and Paul Rodgers or just Queen I think it'd be completely wrong.

BlueOyster23
08-17-2006, 05:19 PM
Hey, if it's Queen+Paul Rodgers+Danny Miranda(if he's still playing bass for them), I've got no objections, as long as they take a few more steps towards blues and a couple away from pop.

FreddieMercury
08-17-2006, 05:54 PM
have any of you heard there song Take Love? written by rodgers? they performed it on the us tour and i love it

freewheelinbird
08-17-2006, 07:28 PM
i can't imagine queen being good in the studio anymore. there are very few artists who are still coming out with good stuff

FreddieMercury
08-17-2006, 07:29 PM
^ neither can i but we can always hope something comes out good out of it

Noosie
08-17-2006, 07:52 PM
This sounds intresting i dont think its going to sound much like Queen, but thats not necessarily a bad thing. I think it will sound more Bluesy/Hardrock because of Paul's singing Style.