Little wing

PDA

View Full Version : Little wing

lee09
08-18-2006, 06:25 AM
I got the song little wing with Stevie Ray Vaughn, ZZ Top, Rush, The Moody Blues, ELP, The Who, Van Halen, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and Kiss. Wondering where when and why they did this
Thanks

johnny_tapia
08-18-2006, 06:34 AM
did you get that song from some kind of peer2peer? most likely somebobdy just put all those band names on it, because they dont know who really did it.

Abe
08-18-2006, 06:38 AM
^I'd say its quite a largely covered song, I know SRV certainly did it, and Pearl Jam played it live. Anyway, for me, they'll never match Jimi's version, it's gotta be my favourite song ever.

TheHeartbreaker
08-18-2006, 08:05 AM
did you get that song from some kind of peer2peer? most likely somebobdy just put all those band names on it, because they dont know who really did it.

Yeah, this is more than likely a fake.

Usually something with so many respected musicians would've been mentioned before , and talked about more.

rx_eb
08-18-2006, 09:58 AM
I got the song little wing with Stevie Ray Vaughn, ZZ Top, Rush, The Moody Blues, ELP, The Who, Van Halen, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and Kiss. Wondering where when and why they did this
Thanks

that sounds bullshit lol

Bands like KISS would never do songs like such, pretty much because they don't have such talent :p:

whitestripe22
08-18-2006, 10:12 AM
isnt it a jimi hendrix song? why would it have all those different artists on it.. they didnt do a cover..

Garci
08-18-2006, 10:15 AM
Thanks
It's like "Knocking on heaven's doors - Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin", p2p is full of shit. If you want to get covers by many people in p2p, only videos will help.

deadhead313313
08-18-2006, 10:26 AM
It only says that so that more people will download it. The more band names you list on a song, the more that song shows up in searches.

TheHeartbreaker
08-18-2006, 10:49 AM
isnt it a jimi hendrix song? why would it have all those different artists on it.. they didnt do a cover..

Actually Stevie Ray Vaughan did a cover of it, and another Classic Rock band, Derek and the Dominos, did a "cover" (lyrical cover, not musical cover) of the song, too.

freewheelinbird
08-18-2006, 11:22 AM
srv, derek and the dominos both did a cover. other than that, i doubt kiss did it :rolleyes:

SomeEvilDude
08-18-2006, 01:08 PM
Actually Stevie Ray Vaughan did a cover of it, and another Classic Rock band, Derek and the Dominos, did a "cover" (lyrical cover, not musical cover) of the song, too.

Derek & The Dominoes version is the best. The intro on Hendrix's one is astonishingly good, but there's so much passion in the Derek & The Dominoes one.

psychodelia
08-18-2006, 03:10 PM
I found something on p2p that says Hey Joe by Zeppelin, and I think it has Plant singing, but my guess is that it's from a Plant solo tour, if anything.

Anyhoo, I like the Derek & the Dominoes and SRV covers. The idea of an ELP cover is interesting, but I haven't come across one.

Gin_Rummy
08-18-2006, 06:19 PM
Derek & The Dominoes version is the best. The intro on Hendrix's one is astonishingly good, but there's so much passion in the Derek & The Dominoes one.

Woot! Someone with my opinion!

Yea, so, I agree, the Dominoes made it sound so much more powerful.

ufossuck
08-18-2006, 07:23 PM
Here's (http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=17:887260~1~T00A) a list of who did it when they did it and the albums they released it on. I don't belive Frank Zappa or Pantera are on that list, though they both did it.

Garf72
08-18-2006, 07:40 PM
the "Pantera" one's really Metallica, they played it on Live ****, just Hammett and Ulrich.

zep123
08-19-2006, 10:55 PM
i highly doubt it cause zep and van halen were current with eachother for less than a year, and very few bands can make and impression to play with all of those great artist in less than a year.

anyways, srv's little wing was after zeppelin's time

TheHeartbreaker
08-20-2006, 08:28 AM
I found something on p2p that says Hey Joe by Zeppelin, and I think it has Plant singing, but my guess is that it's from a Plant solo tour, if anything.

Yeah, Robert Plant sang "Hey Joe" on his album Sixty Six to Timbuktu, and if that version you found is live it makes perfect sense that he would perform a live version as well.

psychodelia
08-20-2006, 12:43 PM
^ It's actually a pretty good version, I think, except there's a lot of static or something.

kamikaze_74
08-20-2006, 05:40 PM
the coors also did a terrible cover of this song, i strongly urge you NOT to listen to it.

TheHeartbreaker
08-21-2006, 08:36 AM
^ It's actually a pretty good version, I think, except there's a lot of static or something.

So I'm assuming it is live, then.