I want a John Frusciante signature guitar...

PDA

View Full Version : I want a John Frusciante signature guitar...

amazingdm
08-20-2006, 09:44 PM
a Stratocaster that is somehow a hybrid between the Strats he uses... basically whatever gets his sound down, for a reasonable price.

Should be offered in

wornout Sunburst
wornout White
Chili Pepper Red

if john mayer gets one this guy should too

ilikeguitar90
08-20-2006, 09:47 PM
dude, he basically does have a signature guitar.

just get the fender 1962 stratocaster reissue in 3-tone sunburst

it's basically the exact same guitar

bean-o
08-20-2006, 09:47 PM
Oh I'm sorry, you must have the wrong number, this isnt the fender custom shop.

E Daws
08-20-2006, 09:48 PM
a Stratocaster that is somehow a hybrid between the Strats he uses... basically whatever gets his sound down, for a reasonable price.

You know a hybrid is a mix. You can't have a strat/strat hybrid.

I do not really like the RHCP, but hell everyone else already has one why not him.

amazingdm
08-20-2006, 09:48 PM

but I want the one in chili pepper red like I mentioned :P

amazingdm
08-20-2006, 09:49 PM
You know a hybrid is a mix. You can't have a strat/strat hybrid.

I do not really like the RHCP, but hell everyone else already has one why not him.

Well his models are from different years (the nazi's took off his info at wikipedia so I don't know exactly which) so I'm just saying mix the parts for the best approximation..

or just do one of his main/liking.

MetalMilitia212
08-20-2006, 09:50 PM
honestly, I'd be amazed if anyone said they cared. Get a strat, a can of spraypaint, and a face mask and do it yourself.

amazingdm
08-20-2006, 09:51 PM
honestly, I'd be amazed if anyone said they cared. Get a strat, a can of spraypaint, and a face mask and do it yourself.

Then it wouldn't be a signature guitar.

I care.. so be amazed.

ilikeguitar90
08-20-2006, 09:53 PM
but I want the one in chili pepper red like I mentioned :P

o lol well which one is "chili pepper red"? his mustang practice guitar?

Shooshooky
08-20-2006, 09:53 PM
you care to overpay for a strat?

abwell
08-20-2006, 09:54 PM
dude if they don't have a true signature one, then metalmilitia's post is the closest you'll get. damn

long gone
08-20-2006, 09:54 PM
i belive they asked him to before, but he wants his sounds to be unique and original. I mean 62 strats are sooooooo expensive and not that many people can afford those.

MetalMilitia212
08-20-2006, 09:56 PM
Then it wouldn't be a signature guitar.

I care.. so be amazed.
so you WANT to pay extra for a different paintjob?

amazingdm
08-20-2006, 09:57 PM
o lol well which one is "chili pepper red"? his mustang practice guitar?

nah i just mean for them to make one up

noodlegts
08-20-2006, 09:58 PM
Hell yes a John Frusciante signature guitar!

:liplick:

His playing styles are awesome, and I feel that if the bassist from Green Day can get a signature instrument, John should have one as well. I think he uses 62' vintage reissue guitars with slightly different pickups, and I know for fact he uses an MXR Micro Amp to boost their output a bit.

bean-o
08-20-2006, 10:01 PM
They would never be able to make a strat that sounds just like the ones he uses. The ones he uses are aged and are really high quality, making a sig with the same build quality would only make it even more expensive, and its not like they don't still make the colors he uses.

amazingdm
08-20-2006, 10:04 PM
They would never be able to make a strat that sounds just like the ones he uses. The ones he uses are aged and are really high quality, making a sig with the same build quality would only make it even more expensive, and its not like they don't still make the colors he uses.

ok well that's fine
I just want a JF sig guitar like john mayer fans get

bean-o
08-20-2006, 10:10 PM
Well a normal strat would do. To get his sound you only have to worry about the thousands and thousands of dollars worth of amps and effects he uses.

Kartman
08-20-2006, 10:14 PM

:cheers:

Not having a signiture makes him even more unique. He plays sweet vintage Strats, not new-trying-to-be-old strats that Fender will supply him with!

FruscianteFnatC
08-20-2006, 10:15 PM
Dude I def. feel you. But like someone said, Fender can't really copy his sound into a guitar... it's all in the fingers baby. and i know i know its about the chili pepper red then just but a new strat in like fiesta red.

Yertle
08-20-2006, 10:18 PM
Read this:

John Frusciante was offered a signature guitar by Fender a while ago. He turned it down because it was too much of a 'rockstar' type of thing to do. Believe me, he's been on Fender's radar for a while.

StaggHound
08-20-2006, 10:19 PM
Well, Guitar Geek lists only 5 guitars...

a '62 Strat, a '55 Strat, two 60's Teles and a Gretsch White Falcon from the 50s.

The strats are just strats. Look for the RI's. The Teles are Teles. The White Falcon is a White Falcon.

His effects and amps would be more influential in his specific tone, I'd say. Aside from the White Falcon, they're all SC guitars, and Gretsch humbuckers are low-output.

amazingdm
08-21-2006, 02:27 AM
They don't have to copy the sound then. Give me a guitar with the name John Frusciante on it and I'll be cool. Made by Fender of course for all you smartasses with a sharpy

paintITblack39
08-21-2006, 02:29 AM
They've offered John a sig guitar but John denied it, saying it was too rockstar-like.

EDIT: Beaten to it... :mad:

big-red
08-21-2006, 03:57 AM
Teh only good fender sigs i see are the eric johnson and the old jimi hendrix voodoo strat.

666_Belial
08-21-2006, 05:07 AM
i think i heard his strat has the middle pickup in reverse polarity, but not really sure...

R_H_C_P
08-21-2006, 05:17 AM
Buy a decent 3 colour sunburst Strat (try and get one with nitro laquer so you can relic it a bit if you really want to go to extremes) and replace the pickups with some '57/'62's, that should get you close-ish.

But if you want a John sig guitar, it shouldn't be red.

Gabel
08-21-2006, 09:05 AM
Get an American '62 reissue, Bareknuckle Mother's Milks (www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk) and then sand down the Strat to max John's.

Then take so much drugs your teeth fall out :rolleyes:

timi_hendrix
08-21-2006, 09:09 AM
I doubt that he'd want one as he loves vintage guitars so much.

Crunchmeister
08-21-2006, 09:33 AM
Sig guitars are seriuosly overrated and overpriced. In many cases, these sig guitars (as bought by the original artist) are off=the-rack guitars that they're performed a few mods to. Then the mother company grabs onto it, and sells that exact guitar as a 'sig' version at double the price of the standard version.

azn_guitarist25
08-21-2006, 10:43 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/EDWARDS-ESP-STRATOCASTER-RELIC-JOHN-FRUSCIANTE-MODEL_W0QQitemZ280018975640QQihZ018QQcategoryZ2384QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem you buy, you buy, me = money, nah not really and no this isnt an official but its still an Edward so you know quality will be good

HeartInACage
08-21-2006, 11:14 AM
Damn...you beat me to the ebay John Frusciante link....

But yeah, I think its a great idea, but Id probably never play it live. I want my own look, not someone elses, even if it is John Frusciante's (AKA the coolest guitarest of all time)

Mrindienerd
12-20-2011, 07:24 PM
His main guitar is his 1962 fender stratocaster 3-burst. For the same tone, he uses Seymour Duncan SSL-1 pickups (50's sound).
The body is nitrocellulose meaning it is a thin coating paint and lacquer; your guitar is probably a poly coat. The reason why this means something is, it will age like John's, and sound like John's. He also (mentioned before uses a micro amp, which is really handy because it boosts the output signal. (and probably the most useful pedal out there).
The sound of the micro-amp can be found in can't stop, and almost always live.
Also, you would need to chip away at the top-right of the body exposing raw wood (as a main characteristic of the guitar). Hope this helps people who are looking for that specific sound!

Tom 1.0
12-20-2011, 07:27 PM
THIS THREAD IS 5 FUCKING YEARS OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

check the dates you stupid cunt.

REPORTED.