the faces

PDA

View Full Version : the faces

freewheelinbird
08-21-2006, 01:12 AM
i've got their album "a nods as good as a wink to a blind horse" (or bat if you like monty python :haha )

i think they're a really great band. ron wood was in this band before the stones, and i can kinda hear hints of stones in their stuff. kinda bar band boogie? good stuff.

they sing "ooh la la" and "stay with me" if you didn't know.

so discuss this band! other albums i should get?

Stop Messin'
08-21-2006, 01:36 AM
Get all of their albums if you can. The Faces are one of my favorite bands. Rod was a great rock n roll singer, i'm not sure why he ever stopped singing rock n roll.

If you can't find anymore albums, get the 'Five Guys Walk Into A Bar' box set.

Dog Eat Dog
08-21-2006, 01:49 AM
Great band, Great singer, Great guitarist. Personally a favourite band of mine.

groll01
08-21-2006, 02:13 AM
wanna my all time faves i recomend their first steps album, three buttom had me down is a top song, Ronnie lane was one of the best songwriters ever and the real soul behind the faces

ufossuck
08-21-2006, 02:39 AM
"Ooh La La" and "Stay With Me" are the only songs particulary like. I got a compilation of their's and it isn't have bad, but still, that thing I said earlier. I strongly prefer The Jeff Beck Group and the Faces of the Small variety.

TheHeartbreaker
08-21-2006, 09:04 AM
They're a pretty good band.

I'm not real big on them, but I've got a load of their albums around the house.

greggybhoy
08-21-2006, 09:21 PM
Rod Stewart cemented his status as "The Man" when he was in the Faces. Then he took a pick axe and hacked away at that status with all the dross he makes now.

Remember that line in Austin Powers - "What happened to you man? You used to be such a swinger...."

I have just realised the sad irony of that comment...

psychodelia
08-21-2006, 09:54 PM
Stay with me is kickin.

I also like Cindy Incidentally (I think that's the name). They have a few other songs I'm into every now and then.