New G-Unit Album....

PDA

View Full Version : New G-Unit Album....

Derigiberble
08-21-2006, 08:20 AM
Currently digging Canned Heat a lot after watching the Woodstock DVD for about the 9000th time.

Anyone else into them? Favourite songs?

TheHeartbreaker
08-21-2006, 08:30 AM
Man, I love Canned Heat.

I made a thread about them in the Blues/Jazz forum, but no one really responded except two other people. :sad:

Anyways, the albums I own...

Future Blues
Hallelujah Blues
Live in Europe '70
Living the Blues

I really like them all, to honest. The Live in Europe album was actually part of a concert the band was performing with Deep Purple and Renaissance.

Live, they're a pretty good band. While their improvisational skills don't quit match those of The Allman Brothers or Grateful Dead, they can boogie, groove, and jam for some time (Refried Boogie Pt.1 and Refried Boogie Pt.2 from Living the Blues are both over twenty minutes long).

My favorite songs of theirs...

A Change is Gonna Come (from the Woodstock DVD - I don't have it on any album)
Bring It On Home
Same All Over
So Sad (The World's in a Tangle)

I'd love to get more albums, but I don't see them in stores very often. :sad:

I know freewheelinbird is also a fan, because he gave me their Hallelujah album while trading.

frankv
08-21-2006, 09:00 AM
i thought you were talking about the rappers, what a relieve

TheHeartbreaker
08-21-2006, 09:02 AM
You're the second person (someone else said something, but their post was deleted).

Do you listen to Canned Heat?

Edit:

HEY ASSHOLES - CONTRIBUTE TO THE ****ING THREAD

potato1
08-21-2006, 09:02 AM
me monsior

TheHeartbreaker
08-21-2006, 09:10 AM
How about you **** off n00b?

This is a thread about Canned Heat.

The title was just meant to catch your attention.

Either contribute to the thread or leave - it's that simple.

Even if you haven't heard them, maybe you could ask some questions if you're interested or something - don't just post bull****.

And don't double-post either. :no:

potato1
08-21-2006, 09:16 AM
me duoble post you been posting 3 times noob

TheHeartbreaker
08-21-2006, 09:19 AM
I mean back-to-back you ****ing twat.

If you don't post anything that is about the band in your next post I'll report you and have you banned.

rx_eb
08-21-2006, 09:28 AM
me duoble post you been posting 3 times noob

yes he's posted 3 times :rolleyes:

in fact he's posted more than that. he's got over 2 thousands posts, dumbass :)

TheHeartbreaker
08-21-2006, 10:08 AM

SomeEvilDude
08-21-2006, 10:41 AM

For fuck's sake yes!

Er, well not exactly. I've heard the stuff they recorded with John Lee Hooker, which is absolutely brilliant. I think I heard a Canned Heat song on one of my dad's Q Magazine tapes (going back a way), and it sounded exactly like 'Ain't Got You' by the Yardbirds.

But yeah, what they did with John Lee Hooker was brilliant, although their normal stuff I haven't really heard at all.

TheHeartbreaker
08-21-2006, 10:56 AM
Well, at least you have listened to them, and have given something to this thread that is worthwhile, so I thank you.

I really want to get the Hooker and Heat album, and honestly, something tells me I have it, but if not, it's on my to-buy list.

TheUltimateSin
08-21-2006, 12:49 PM
Canned Heat...Canned Heat...hmm....I've definitely heard of them before. Can't say I've listened to them though. But I recognize that name.

hamett91
08-21-2006, 05:27 PM
Canned Heat...Canned Heat...hmm....I've definitely heard of them before. Can't say I've listened to them though. But I recognize that name.

Have you seen the Monterey Pop Festival video? Canned Heat played there, maybe that's why you recognise them. Maybe.

ufossuck
08-21-2006, 05:54 PM
Canned Heat was a great band. They did something that I dearly hate though. Alan Wilson died, he was pretty much the leader of the band. Later on Bob Hite, the singer died, but they're still touring. It's like The Doors touring with some guy replacing Jim. When the singer dies, the band will never sound the same again, so they should just stop.

ZeppelinFan3890
08-21-2006, 06:05 PM
Of course, of all the threads that could have turned into a noob invasion of idiotic fools, it has to be the thread that Derigiberble starts.

Derigiberble
08-22-2006, 05:18 AM
I'm here to please. :D

greggybhoy
08-22-2006, 05:31 AM
Re: The Doors. It's Ian Astbury from the cult who is now their frontman. He's pretty good by all accounts, and his voice apparently lends itself very well.

Back onto Canned Heat. I've only really heard the classic compilation CD songs like On The Road Again (Sampled by Goldfrapp for Ooh La) and work together. I have a best of tape but no tape player! Any suggested albums to introduce me to them fully? cos I've heard they are amazing.

rx_eb
08-22-2006, 06:27 AM

of course

Boogie and Future Blues are both amazing albums

TheHeartbreaker
08-22-2006, 08:16 AM
^^Awesome. :D

Any suggested albums to introduce me to them fully? cos I've heard they are amazing.

My personal favorites out of my collection are the albums Hallelujah Blues and Living the Blues, but really all of their albums I've heard are awesome.

They're great at improvising, and their songs, whether they are original or covers, are superb.

Brandon860
08-22-2006, 04:57 PM
goin up country boys

distilledspirit
08-22-2006, 05:17 PM
I love them....it's funny as well watching them live. That huge lead singer with such a high voice.

TheHeartbreaker
08-22-2006, 07:57 PM
The Bear's voice... high?

You must be thinking of their other sing (who is also one of their guitarist) Blind Owl Wilson.

His voice is high, man.

ufossuck
08-22-2006, 08:10 PM
Alan Wilson did not have a high voice. The guy who sang "Goin' Up the Country" and "On the Road Again" was Bob Hite.

TheHeartbreaker
08-23-2006, 07:58 AM
Wikipedia on Alan Blind Owl Wilson...

His unique version of Falsetto vocals made him instantly recognizable among other vocalists of the 60's, and thus is clearly heard on the Woodstock movie, which chose Canned Heat's Going Up the Country as the unofficial theme tune to Woodstock, probably due to its appropriateness to the location of Woodstock.

Noting this, you will now know that he sings "On the Road Again" as well.

I win.

distilledspirit
08-23-2006, 10:49 AM
The Bear's voice... high?

You must be thinking of their other sing (who is also one of their guitarist) Blind Owl Wilson.

His voice is high, man.

Whoops, haha I feel like poo. You can tell I've only heard those two songs.

TheHeartbreaker
08-23-2006, 01:14 PM
Forget about it.

distilledspirit
08-24-2006, 01:03 AM
What album should I get?

TheHeartbreaker
08-24-2006, 08:32 AM
Personally, I love their albums Hallelujah Blues and Living the Blues.

Can't go wrong with either of them.