Jesus Christ Superstar

PDA

View Full Version : Jesus Christ Superstar

psychodelia
08-21-2006, 10:32 PM
Any fans here?

If anyone's wondering why I put this in CR, it is because it's a rock opera from 1970, which I think matches pretty well. And if that isn't enough, on the original album Ian Gillan (Deep Purple) sang as Jesus.

I like the original album, but to be honest I'm not much of a fan of any of the movies I've seen. There were some plays done locally that were done well, with professional bands and such.

As a side note, I think it would have been awesome if they could have had Freddie Mercury as Jesus and Wilson Pickett as Judas (although I think Ian Gillan and Murray Head did well).

real_québécois
08-21-2006, 10:41 PM
My parents saw it a coupel of years ago when it came to Montreal. Seems cool, though

Maet
08-21-2006, 10:52 PM
As a side note, I think it would have been awesome if they could have had Freddie Mercury as Jesus and Wilson Pickett as Judas (although I think Ian Gillan and Murray Head did well).

I'm pretty sure Jesus isn't gay. :)

Anywho... I love the movie from '73 I believe it was. Well made, exhuberent and energetic. I even pop in the double disc album from the 2000 remake.

Simon's Zealots is my favourite.

Carl Anderson who played Judas was phenomenal.

freewheelinbird
08-21-2006, 11:23 PM
love it, i saw it at my school a while back. didn't really understand half of it, but oh well.

as far as rock operas go, good ole tommy for me

JethroTullfan72
08-21-2006, 11:44 PM
Jesus Christ Superstar is one of my favorite Rock Operas. (The original concept album of course). Ian Gillian is the only good Jesus, but there have been many great Judas'. Carl Anderson, Ben Vereen, and Murray Head all are phenomenal.

Tenacious Me
08-22-2006, 12:20 AM
I like the album, I saw a great remake of it at the Muny in St. Louis.

TheHeartbreaker
08-22-2006, 08:27 AM
I've never listened to this album.

In fact, the only thing I knew about it was that Ian Gillian was Jesus.

stonegolem13
08-23-2006, 04:54 AM
Ive seen it, it's all right...