ACDC Singers

PDA

View Full Version : ACDC Singers

METALMANIACMIKE
08-24-2006, 09:36 PM
I always have a heated debate with my friends on who was the greatest ACDC singer. A couple of my friends think Brian Johnson is the greatest, and I even have one friend who thinks Dave Evans was. I think Bon Scott was. Bon Scott was one of the greatest frontmen of all time. He had more of a presence on stage than most people could ever imagine. I want to know who you think was/is the greatest.

evh77
08-24-2006, 09:38 PM
ive never even heard dave evans sing? i say bon scott tho, i like brian johnson but bon scott with acdc is the definition of rock n roll

ESPjohn666
08-24-2006, 09:42 PM
Bon Scott

2muchTV
08-24-2006, 09:43 PM
Not sure. Both are great to me. I like a lot of Johnson's songs more, but I think I like listening to Scott more. That's always been a toughie. Probably Johnson cuz he's been around longer. But I'm sure most people will say Scott.

nonamepsycho
08-24-2006, 09:46 PM
Bon Scott. It's pretty close though.

guitarshark2099
08-24-2006, 09:50 PM
I believe that as a rock n' roll frontman, bon scott is arguably one of the greatest ever. I agree with you on that point due to the sex appeal and the rockability he brought to the stage and how he got the people into the music along with angus young's wild antics.

But as far as a singing goes, bon scott's voice isn't all too well. It's like Mick jagger's and Jimi Hendrix's voices, they can rock, and they get people into the music but as far as pure singers I don't think so.

soldierw/wings
08-24-2006, 09:56 PM
hate to lump in with the crowd, but im going with Bon Scott
he truely was the voice and poet for AC/DC - Brian Johnson was great too though (one of the few singers Bon actually approved of during his life)

ledhed68
08-24-2006, 10:13 PM
they all sound the same to me

evh77
08-24-2006, 10:14 PM
they all sound the same to me

well you, my friend, need a new set of ears :)

rayIII
08-24-2006, 10:19 PM
Dave Evans = The Pete Best of hard rock
Bon Scott = Better singer
Brian Johnson = Better songs

btw their old bassist was named Mark Evans.... any relation?

ledhed68
08-24-2006, 10:37 PM
originally posted by evh77
well you, my friend, need a new set of ears

well can you tell me then whats the difference between them

walkman800
08-24-2006, 10:41 PM
personally Bon scott was the best and i mean come on "bon fire"?

johnson is good , i mean hey i grew up with him singing away with thunderstruck and mistress for christmas........

so good question..... laterz

teenrocker
08-24-2006, 10:46 PM
Bon was the best. He had much better stage presence than Brian... not that I'm saying Brian is bad.

evh77
08-24-2006, 10:53 PM
well can you tell me then whats the difference between them

bon scott is a little higher pitched and somewhat clearer, brian johnson, its really hard to explain a voice, but i gess you could say its thicker.

like i said its hard to explain a voice with words, but their completely different

ufossuck
08-25-2006, 12:41 AM
Not much competition here. Bon was by far the best singer, songwriter and bagpiper. Dave Evans' career was pretty short lived, so not too many people ever heard him, but he was better than Brian Johnson.

TheUltimateSin
08-25-2006, 01:06 AM
Oh for ****s sake..

**** this thread

**REPORTED**

SGstriker
08-25-2006, 01:37 PM
Bon Scott > Brian Johnson > Household mouse > Dave Evans

Bon Scott has a better voice, but I like Brian Johnsons songs better.

rich_duran2
08-25-2006, 01:39 PM
Bon Scott to me was THE siger for acdc. Brain was good on back and black and for those about to rock and then suddenly acdc was not the same. All of Bon Scott`s albums were classic`s. I also think Brians voice is always reaching for his last breath, hes got no voice. My opinion.

Danne55
08-25-2006, 02:10 PM
Does Dave Evans sing acctually sing on any album or any recorded song???

ZePeLiN_MaRGeRa
08-25-2006, 04:03 PM
Bon Scott totally.

blues_rocker
08-25-2006, 04:25 PM
Bon Scott.

METALMANIACMIKE
08-25-2006, 05:07 PM

He never sang on any album, but he origianlly sang Can I Sit Next to You Girl, Show Buisness, and I think Rocket Parlor. There are videos of him singing those songs with ACDC.

rayIII
08-25-2006, 09:33 PM
No... I'm pretty sure there's a vid of him with them live somewhere... YouTube maybe?

EDIT: here's some Dave Evans (and his stereotypical voice everyone had in the 80's :p: ) :

Can I Sit Next To You Girl (http://youtube.com/watch?v=keqiUyztBqI) (for some reason it's flagged as inappropriate so you need to log in..)

T.N.T. In Melbourne (in 2000!) (http://youtube.com/watch?v=O1_0KBNtDb8) (It's funny how they all try to look like AC/DC with the guitars and the bald drummer :haha ... but the guy kinda almost pretending to be Angus is absolutely hilarious)

and this might be a little shocking to some... but it's Bon with his old band Fraternity (as well as a beard :o ) doing seasons of change... kinda funny: http://youtube.com/watch?v=HzqJe-SFhCc&mode=related&search=

Ziggy193
08-25-2006, 10:47 PM

There's a reeeeeaaaaalllllyyyyy early single of Dave Evans singing "Can I Sit Next To You Girl" and another song called "Rockin' In The Parlor". Both songs pretty much suck with his voice; he was really more glam rock than hard rock.

Oh, and by the way, my choice is Bon, but I think they're equal, really. Bon was a better singer, but both have their strengths.

ufossuck
08-25-2006, 11:12 PM
Now that youtube has come up... clicky! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I9cnFroc8Y&NR). I've heard this song befors, I'm sure we all have. It's actually quite famous, but that's Bon!? It put little labels over them and says Bon is doing the backup vocals, but I find it hard to believe that's him. I thought he played drums.

METALMANIACMIKE
08-26-2006, 12:28 AM
Now that youtube has come up... clicky! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I9cnFroc8Y&NR). I've heard this song befors, I'm sure we all have. It's actually quite famous, but that's Bon!? It put little labels over them and says Bon is doing the backup vocals, but I find it hard to believe that's him. I thought he played drums.

If you really look you can tell it is him backup singing.