Schecter Jolly Roger

PDA

View Full Version : Schecter Jolly Roger

ouchies
08-28-2006, 11:30 PM
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Jolly-Roger-Electric-Guitar?sku=513129

is it any good?

how is it compared to a c-1 plus? i was thinking about getting the c-1 plus really soon, but then I saw this, and it has emg's so.

SchecterC-1+Man
08-28-2006, 11:40 PM
As my name says, i have a c-1 +. I havent played that one yet, but i will say that c-1+ kick major ass. The seymour duncan designed humbuckers are rreeaalllyyy good. It sounds great thru my fender G-dec...I can get so many different tones thanks to the single/double coil thingy it can do with the push/pull knob. I can get tones ranging from project 86 to metallica and breaking benjamin even. So, if you really like EMGs get the jolly roger. But the c-1+ is fantastic.

Ghost_bass
08-28-2006, 11:49 PM
go with the c-1 man i dont own one but ive played a couple and theyve all been great

aznrockerdude
08-28-2006, 11:49 PM
Upgrade your amp first

soilworker64
08-28-2006, 11:51 PM
Ive never played it but have quite a bit of expirience with schecter and Id say go for it. After looking at the features and then the price that guitars a steal. If you wanted EMG's tha would cost half what the guitar does. If you want a heavy rock metal tone Id say that your guitar. Shecter are very good guitars for their prices and you can do some upgrades to them to make them even better.

SynGates7X
08-29-2006, 12:00 AM
get it. i have a hellraiser avenger, and thats basically a hellraiser that looks different. so, yeah, get it. its awesome. sounds great, plays great.

soilworker64
08-29-2006, 12:10 AM
get it. i have a hellraiser avenger, and thats basically a hellraiser that looks different. so, yeah, get it. its awesome. sounds great, plays great.

I hope it doesn'tt sound the same Ive played those hellraiser before and wow i think they suck. Comparing the 2's specs they arn't really the same beside the pick ups.

Austrorammer
08-29-2006, 12:12 AM
I hope it doesn'tt sound the same Ive played those hellraiser before and wow i think they suck. Comparing the 2's specs they arn't really the same beside the pick ups.

yeah but most of the tone comes from the pickups so they would sound pretty similar.
Through what amp did you play the hellraiser?

SynGates7X
08-29-2006, 12:14 AM
they have the same pickups, they are made of the same wood, have the same hardware, same neck construction, so they really are pretty much the same..only difference is the ebony fretboard and that they look different

soilworker64
08-29-2006, 12:21 AM
yeah but most of the tone comes from the pickups so they would sound pretty similar.

Yeah but tone is also affected by the wood body shape,neck wood. I played it through a marshall mode four head and some marshall cab.

they have the same pickups, they are made of the same wood, have the same hardware, same neck construction, so they really are pretty much the same..only difference is the ebony fretboard and that they look different

Really i thought the woods were different the jolly rogers is all mahogany isn't it and the hellraiser is just a quilt top of mahogany i believe but I could be wrong and also the neck wood changes the tone of a guitar too. The shape of the guitar all affects the tone so.

SynGates7X
08-29-2006, 12:35 AM
Yeah but tone is also affected by the wood body shape,neck wood. I played it through a marshall mode four head and some marshall cab.

Really i thought the woods were different the jolly rogers is all mahogany isn't it and the hellraiser is just a quilt top of mahogany i believe but I could be wrong and also the neck wood changes the tone of a guitar too. The shape of the guitar all affects the tone so.
yeah its got the quilted maple, but thats only gonna make the tone differ slightly..but i've never heard of the shape of a guitar affecting the tone.

Vornik
08-29-2006, 01:26 AM

The top is quilted maple, not quilted mahoganny.

Is there even such a thing as quilted mahogany tops??

soilworker64
08-29-2006, 12:34 PM
yeah its got the quilted maple, but thats only gonna make the tone differ slightly..but i've never heard of the shape of a guitar affecting the tone.

Something like a les paul thats a hug piece of a hard wood is gonna have a lot more sustain and be a lot brighter than some like a strat.

timi_hendrix
08-29-2006, 12:41 PM

Most of the tone comes from the amp, then the body wood, then the pickups (?).

Danno13
08-29-2006, 12:46 PM
^I'd say body wood and pickups make about the same amount of difference.

Offtopic, I just found out that my Strat plus heavy Marshall-style overdrive, in the neck-middle position, sounds like it's got autowah when I use vibrato.

les_kris
08-29-2006, 05:36 PM
To the guy who said most of you tone comes from you pickups, sorry, but you're wrong. The pickup is essential a microphone. The guitars acoustic tone is 'mic'd' by the pickups. The only difference a pickup can make is output levels and slight level changes at different levels. I.e. High out put pickup with a strong midrange etc.

And shape of a guitar and wood have massive influences on tone. Tonal differences between a mahogany les paul and a bass wood RG both with Humbuckers, even the same humbuckers will sound different. On reading an interview with Zakk Wylde, he refers to 4 of his les pauls having the same construction, same pickups and same hardware etc, all having different tone for one reason or another. So almost everything makes a difference to the tone, except the pickups.

CustomCustom
08-29-2006, 06:01 PM
ahoy matey! aahrrgg shiver me timbers its the jolly roger :) good deal and the 12th fret inlay isnt too cheezy, hell the EMGs are worth $200 alone. Id prefer the C1 plus for the 24.75" scale and flamed top though and add pups later.