Carvin vs Fender

PDA

View Full Version : Carvin vs Fender

zwound
08-31-2006, 03:27 PM
so, i'm planning to buy a new axe. i went to a music store, ad found that fenders are 1000 dollars each (approx). i asked the the clerk, and he said that i shouldn't buy fender but a CARVIN! he took it out behind a glass cabinet, let me try it, touch it.

so some info on carvin:
*60 years old
*every singe guitar is unique. i choose the wood, colour, paint. colour of body, head, pickups, and 'teeth' ;D
*100% USA handmade.
*Steve vai uses this guitar, and cooperated with carvin to create custom amps.

i shouldn't put any info on fender, since everyone knows it...what should i choose??
im not sure...i know fender is good, but perhaps carvin is better (plus looks way better):P

cheers

R_H_C_P
08-31-2006, 03:29 PM
Play them both, decide for yourself, it's simple really.

Who cares about what the brand is? It's all about sound and playability.

Matticuss22
08-31-2006, 03:32 PM
Fender.

Because everything i say is 100% Biased towards them.

Nah it sounds like with the carvin its going to be 100% suited to you, So id say what rhcp above me said and play both but i would think you cant play the carvin becasue they have to build it for you...

Eric 666
08-31-2006, 03:35 PM
Carvin has better quality instruments in my opinion, and most of their guitars are custom shop guitars, unless you buy the already in-stock guitars they have, but I recommend a nice Custom Shop carvin which (unless you want 1000000000 options on your guitar) should be under 2K easily....and somewhat under 1K if it's possible...my 2 cents.

Danno13
08-31-2006, 03:36 PM
so, i'm planning to buy a new axe. i went to a music store, ad found that fenders are 1000 dollars each (approx)not true. i asked the the clerk, and he said that i shouldn't buy fender but a CARVIN! he took it out behind a glass cabinet, let me try it, touch it.

so some info on carvin:
*60 years old you better mean the company
*every singe guitar is unique. i choose the wood, colour, paint. colour of body, head, pickups, and 'teeth' ;D
*100% USA handmade.
*Steve vai uses this guitarNo, he uses JEMs, and cooperated with carvin to create custom amps.

i shouldn't put any info on fender, since everyone knows it...what should i choose??
im not sure...i know fender is good, but perhaps carvin is better (plus looks way better):P

cheers

*shrug*

Eric 666
08-31-2006, 03:39 PM
Most USA Fenders are 1K and up....not worth it compared to Carvin.

Righteous
08-31-2006, 04:41 PM
Most USA Fenders are 1K and up....not worth it compared to Carvin.
Mine was only $800, of course it was marked down for a small paint defect from like $1100 or something... Don't know how that works. But I'd go with a Carvin probably, heard they're very nie guitars.

caughtinamosh
08-31-2006, 05:35 PM
get the carvin every time

Eric 666
08-31-2006, 06:28 PM
Mine was only $800, of course it was marked down for a small paint defect from like $1100 or something... Don't know how that works. But I'd go with a Carvin probably, heard they're very nie guitars.

Exactly, because it was marked down, I gotta tell you, Fenders are nice, but when you get

-Custom Shop Quality and Craftsmanship (Carvin are all custom shop models)
-Top Of The Line Woods
-Top Of The Line Accesories
-Top of The Line Hardware and Electronics

You got me hooked.

bangoodcharlote
08-31-2006, 06:44 PM
Carvin.

But Ban, what about the...

Carvin.

But...

Carvin.

I love my Carvin, and everyone who has played it is jealous of me.

jackal20
08-31-2006, 06:48 PM
carvin baby

Eric 666
08-31-2006, 06:52 PM
it's unanimous basically, Carvin pwns Fender.

ProjectDark
08-31-2006, 06:59 PM
I just recently just ordered some hardware from them, fast and the hardware works great. My initial impression is rather good.

Id say carvin

jj1565
08-31-2006, 07:04 PM
it's unanimous basically, Carvin pwns Fender.

ive been looking heavy into carvin, and own a mia fender.

for the options ive got on my fender there's no way i could have gotten anything close from the carvin site.
if uve got the money then fine get the amped up carvin for about $1,800.

but if u only have a grand, ull probably want to research what is actually available from carvin at that price.

Eric 666
08-31-2006, 07:26 PM
Actually you can get a nice Carvin DC127 With an original Floyd Rose for 830 bucks and a case...doesnt sound like a bad deal to me...

jj1565
08-31-2006, 08:08 PM
for $830 you get a nice, basic model plus floyd. plus 50+ 20 for case and shipping.
it's still under a grand, but the pickups need to be upgraded and its an HH guitar.
nice looking, alder and i think coil split. not bad. but...

for $1,200 i got a 62'reissue, gold hardware, vintage trem, scn S-1 switching, thin skin finish, aged plastics,and it came with a vintage case, cord, strap, cleaning supplies, 5-way switch, and a second Fender acoustic guitar.

just saying, not exaclty pwn material.

Eric 666
08-31-2006, 08:17 PM
Well i think it's his decision in my humble opinion, I would get the Carvin sine it's a bit more modern, and I'm assuming he plays Hard Rock/Metal and that type of stuff, so for probably the 1200 bucks you got the Fender for (if he had 1200 bucks) You can get yourself the Quilt top one or something of that level, plus it's a custom shop guitar, so it's hand made, the Fender is probably made in an assembly line, not saying there's anything wrong with it, but my personal preference would be the Carvin, plsu there's lost of paint options, unlike the fender which has the preset '1962' Colors...again just my personal opinion.