Rate this local band

PDA

View Full Version : Rate this local band

SilentSpectacle
09-14-2006, 02:33 AM
www.myspace.com/submersablehearse

I don't really understand how people around here can take these kids seriously.
They're ****ing awful.
My band can't even get booked because they fill up every single show around here.
It's quite irritating.
The guy's vocals are so forced.
Tell me what you think though:

the_astronaut
09-14-2006, 11:50 AM
The vocals are terrible, same with the guitar.

I can see why you're mad..

misinform tyler
09-14-2006, 12:11 PM
They make me want to cry.
Especially their vocals.
And the guitar sounds just like everything else.

SonicMessiah
09-14-2006, 12:13 PM
what the f*ck was that? Terrible, that is what I say...

StuartR
09-14-2006, 01:12 PM
Holy shit, the vocals sounded like he only just got into hardcore and the clean singin was terrible too.

The guitars we're nothing special but could have been good with decent recording.

What band are you in now Spencer?

Yahz0r
09-14-2006, 02:06 PM
I've heard it all before but this time I dont want to hear it again, it sucks. Especially the vocals. It lacked alot.

Disco Vietnam
09-14-2006, 02:07 PM
Jesus Christ, that was bloody awful.
How can anyone like those vocals?

technicolour
09-14-2006, 04:14 PM
A, how old are these guys?..they got some timing screw ups too..or maybe that's just the track skipping?

waldorphPRS41
09-14-2006, 05:56 PM
^^ I thought the timing got off too. I'd be pissed if they were playing all the shows instead of me.

hXcMacbeth3
09-14-2006, 06:19 PM
yeah thats awful, like i almost have troubvle believing you when you say people like them...and what kind of name is submersable hearse?

pnblwzrd
09-14-2006, 07:16 PM
egads, my ears will never be the same. His voice sounds like a cat that is a considerable amount of pain.

mr.joopy987
09-14-2006, 09:26 PM
They might be decent if the vocalist was consistent in his screaming, but sometimes he is screaming, and other times it sounds like hes talking really harshly.

SilentSpectacle
09-15-2006, 01:52 AM
and what kind of name is submersable hearse?
Well first off, I think they meant Submerisable Hearst, but they spelled both words wrong. Second off, I have no idea what the **** they were thinking with that name

What band are you in now Spencer?

I'm in a death metal/deathcore [yeah, I know, becoming cliche] called Roderick Usher.
We're in the process of recording our demo, it should be up soon.
Lightyears better than these loons.
They want to play shows with us but then they book other bands as bad as them instead.

SilentSpectacle
09-15-2006, 01:58 AM
I just realized that I didn't even hear any snare drum on one of the breakdowns
:haha :haha

Disco Vietnam
09-15-2006, 06:37 AM
Well first off, I think they meant Submerisable Hearst, but they spelled both words wrong. Second off, I have no idea what the **** they were thinking with that name

I'm in a death metal/deathcore [yeah, I know, becoming cliche] called Roderick Usher.
We're in the process of recording our demo, it should be up soon.
Lightyears better than these loons.
They want to play shows with us but then they book other bands as bad as them instead.
Reference from Edgar Allen Poe is the sex.

mh250nt
09-15-2006, 12:23 PM
Wow. I went to the link thinking they couldn't be as bad as everyone says. I was wrong and yes you should be mad. When everyone is bitching about how bands like KSE/Trivium/Unearth/ As I Lay Dying are so generic this band comes along and shows what generic really is.

Craigo
09-16-2006, 05:56 AM
I can't see why you want to cry over this band. I think they are bloody funny. I seriously do.

You can get a lot worse... A local band in my scene.

www.myspace.com/wheniwake1

Listen to Illumination

That's true generic for you. The drummer is execellent and a ****ing cool guy though. I'm currently getting him into hardcore. He's now in my band. I mind him working on music like that, I just can't see how anyone can enjoy it. But - fair play if he does. I have some amazing material lined up soon, I should hold him for sure.

sphincterone
01-09-2007, 08:15 PM
they didnt sound as bad now, got new songs up i think or something. but it sounds better than before. but roderick usher sounded pretty horrible too so i dont know what your complaining about... :no:

hatebreed219
01-09-2007, 09:37 PM
chugchugchug...chugchugchugWEEEEEE...chugchugchug...chugchugchug..chugchugchugWEEEErepeat4856430564382x

VERY original.

Vocals are horrible too.

Boo bad chugchug bands, hooray real hardcore!

antoniobanderas
01-09-2007, 10:07 PM
http://www.myspace.com/doriangreytx

theyre from my hometown and i like them

they record in theyre own house

hatebreed219
01-09-2007, 10:28 PM
^ They sound like ETID a little bit. They have that riffy/southern sound.

antoniobanderas
01-09-2007, 10:49 PM
^ They sound like ETID a little bit. They have that riffy/southern sound.
yeah im from texas
the put on a good show
they have a stack for each guitarist and they all have like detailed roses painted on the grills
theyre a fun band to watch
but they dont do like guitar swings and crap
not hxc olololololololllooololololo

pistols
01-10-2007, 12:27 AM
dude both those bands (submersable hearse and when i wake) ****ing suck

that illuminations song is horrible, the vocals ****ing suck

silent spectacle: if they have shows booked all the time book your own show, whether it's on the same day or not, at a youthie (and hope it's fairly cheap to play)
if they do, as you said, always get bands as crap as they are, get some good bands, promote the **** out of the show, and just play to whoever turns up.

it sucks now around here. there used to be an all-ages club that charged $150 for room hire and $80 for the p.a, which was fairly cheap considering how many people would turn up. but that club closed and now the youthie's can actually get shows, so they charge heaps and always shut at 9. so it pretty much sucks around here

before
01-10-2007, 12:28 AM
whoa, Spencer, I just really listened to you guys for the first time and watched your video. you guys are sweet! sent you a friend request.

SilentSpectacle
01-10-2007, 12:51 AM
whoa, Spencer, I just really listened to you guys for the first time and watched your video. you guys are sweet! sent you a friend request.
We try! The main thing about our band is every kid is California wants to be in a deathcore band, but we tried to pull out and stops and make something unique. Very old-school hardcore/metalcore influenced gore.