Atreyu

PDA

View Full Version : Atreyu

Pages : [1] 2

irishmatt1992
09-14-2006, 08:36 AM
Love the song "Ex's and Oh's", and the fact that they have a drummer that plays triple bass and sings too!!!!! Discuss.

screamingchinky
09-14-2006, 08:50 AM
Ready the flame shield.

LetTheBassPlay
09-14-2006, 08:59 AM
Thats a good song. Overall, I like the band. as for the drummer...eh...
But yeah, get ready to be flamed.
At least you didnt post this in the metal forum like i've seen before.

universal_man
09-14-2006, 09:54 AM
i love "the theft"

StuartR
09-14-2006, 02:07 PM
lawl @ Triple Bass.

Disco Vietnam
09-14-2006, 02:08 PM
Flame Shields Go!

kaktusnpoop
09-14-2006, 02:28 PM
this band is still around?!?!

AcsticRckr89
09-14-2006, 02:35 PM
Ready the flame shield.
haha... i like atreyu... i dont know y everyone hates them so much

but y do u need three bass drums???? you only have 2 feet

PaintOurSilence
09-14-2006, 03:31 PM
Complete Shiit.

flame843
09-14-2006, 03:34 PM
The riff to Right Side of the Bed is a complete plagiarism of The Hive by In Flames.

jagstang270
09-14-2006, 03:36 PM
3 Bass drums? i'm really sorry, I can't seem to find a good enough reason for having 3 bass drums exept for bragin'...

patkal20
09-14-2006, 04:12 PM
atreyu is more metal than hardcore. theres like one breakdown, they have few breakdowns, and the few breakdowns arent even that good.

PaintOurSilence
09-14-2006, 04:21 PM
atreyu is more metal than hardcore.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHSAHAHAHAHAH!!!HAHHAAHH!H!H!H!!H!HAHAH!AH!H!!!

*deep breath*

BAHAHAHAAHHHAHQH!H!HAAHHAHAH!AH!H!HA!HAHAHHHAHH!H!AH!H!

irishmatt1992
09-14-2006, 05:07 PM
well i was expecting some pretty smart posts, except the flame sheild, wich is on by the way

LPIndin
09-14-2006, 05:47 PM
atreyu has some good songs. put on a good show too. saw them with lacuna coil in july.

and as for 3 bass drums. one is for luck. he doesnt actually play all three... dumbasses

Zamboni
09-14-2006, 05:49 PM
Love the song "Ex's and Oh's", and the fact that they have a drummer that plays triple bass and sings too!!!!! Discuss.
What the hell does "triple bass" mean? :confused:

Zamboni
09-14-2006, 05:50 PM
atreyu is more metal than hardcore. theres like one breakdown, they have few breakdowns, and the few breakdowns arent even that good.
They are more generic rock than metal or hardcore.

luttrell
09-14-2006, 06:31 PM
'Your Private War' kicks ass, i love it

irishmatt1992
09-14-2006, 06:49 PM
What the hell does "triple bass" mean? :confused:

*sighs* well the biggest drum in a drumset is called a BASS drum, now a lot of metal bands have two, "double bass", in this case, he has three, "triple bass", *sighs*.

Actually i seen and interview with the drummer and he has some kinda of pedal that allows him to play all three.

StuartR
09-14-2006, 07:42 PM
The riff to Right Side of the Bed is a complete plagiarism of The Hive by In Flames.

I always thought it was a song of The Jester Race but I forgot, guess its not.

PaintOurSilence
09-14-2006, 07:58 PM

Wow, I just listened to it and it fully is.

AtReyUfAn_247
09-14-2006, 08:55 PM
i know people like to flame 'em. but i love atreyu (hence the name wink wink). they may not fit into hardcore anymore, but they make really good music in my opinion. Especially they're new album which kicks ass.

jckido21
09-14-2006, 09:11 PM
shoulda known a bunch o kids tryin to not sound like noobs would flame but o wells. theyre pretty ok theyre newer stuff is getting worse and worse only because the singer is like not growling as much as he use to. if you listen to theyre first album (not suicide notes and butterfly kisses but i cant think of the name right now) then he growls like a beast and now hes like singing. on the contrary theyre guitarists have gone uphill but still away from the whole metalcore feel they use to have. hairmetalcore is what they are now. theyre drummer is pretty good. theyre bassist is well hes an average bassist. so theyre a pretty much OK band

universal_man
09-14-2006, 11:59 PM
*sighs* well the biggest drum in a drumset is called a BASS drum, now a lot of metal bands have two, "double bass", in this case, he has three, "triple bass", *sighs*.

Actually i seen and interview with the drummer and he has some kinda of pedal that allows him to play all three.

i never seen triple bass...usually two....

irishmatt1992
09-15-2006, 08:30 AM
i never seen triple bass...usually two....

i know, that's why it's cool :D

universal_man
09-15-2006, 09:33 AM
so,they're cool....

irishmatt1992
09-15-2006, 05:39 PM
yes

Invictious
09-15-2006, 07:40 PM
Well I kind like atreyu, like ain't love grand, bleeding mascara, right side of bed, lip gloss and black.

They need a new vocalist though..the lead singer from atreyu sounds like he is barfing....
And how can their lead guitarist be that small?

You can operate a triple bass pedal, by like a normal double bass, then on the right foot, you use your heel and toe to control 2 pedals, pretty cool really.

So theoretically, you can have quadruple bass! Goood for crazy insane deathcore bands.

And if you bother using the searching,

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Duallist-Triple-Kick-Double-Pedal?sku=445402

irishmatt1992
09-15-2006, 11:24 PM
Cool!

RHCPhysco8
09-15-2006, 11:44 PM
Triple bass doesn't a band good

universal_man
09-16-2006, 02:08 AM
is it dificult to play triple bass...?

Disco Vietnam
09-16-2006, 09:11 AM
is it dificult to play triple bass...?
Not at all. Scene Kids tend to go ape**** if they hear double bass so in turn they would go even more ape**** if they heard triple.

frodoisdead
09-16-2006, 09:20 AM
why would you need a triple bass?

this is atreyu's way of trying to sound original.

Invictious
09-16-2006, 09:30 AM
But you don't hear triple bass anywhere, it's just a gimmick to make the bassist look hardcore or whatever..
Well if I get a triple bass pedal does taht mean I am fast?

no.

jckido21
09-16-2006, 12:50 PM
this is way off topic but im pretty sure the drummer guy from slipknot plays quad bass. yeah and i think he does it by puttin pedals under his thighs or so i've heard

irishmatt1992
09-16-2006, 01:27 PM
^i think you're wrong

LPIndin
09-16-2006, 05:44 PM
this is way off topic but im pretty sure the drummer guy from slipknot plays quad bass. yeah and i think he does it by puttin pedals under his thighs or so i've heard
that may be the most ridiculous thing ive ever read (next to the bible, of course)

AtReyUfAn_247
09-16-2006, 06:33 PM
i have really never heard an atreyu song that uses triple bass. Come to think of it, none of their songs really use any fast double bass. Anyway, i don't think they need a new singer. He doesn't growl as much anymore but i like what he is doing now even though they are not keeping a real hardcore/metalcore image.

By the way jckido21, they're first ablum was called "Visions".

jckido21
09-16-2006, 08:04 PM
that may be the most ridiculous thing ive ever read (next to the bible, of course)

thats just wut sumbody told me sorry if im gullible

LedZeppelin
09-16-2006, 08:11 PM

You have an August Burns Red avatar.

the_crimison
09-16-2006, 09:42 PM
I like Atreyu, they are one of my fav bands...the drummer is a wee bit fat though

Invictious
09-17-2006, 01:11 AM
i have really never heard an atreyu song that uses triple bass. Come to think of it, none of their songs really use any fast double bass. Anyway, i don't think they need a new singer. He doesn't growl as much anymore but i like what he is doing now even though they are not keeping a real hardcore/metalcore image.

By the way jckido21, they're first ablum was called "Visions".

The leadsinger from Atreyu barfs, he doesn't scream

AnalWelder
09-17-2006, 04:32 AM
i am a huge atreyu fan. i think you all need to shut up and listen to the music, stop talking about it and listen.

if you dont like it, **** off, we dont wana hear about it. stop listening and go somewhere else.

if you like it, turn it up and shut the **** up about it.

frodoisdead
09-17-2006, 07:20 AM
also, they cover bon jovi + make the originals seem good, now that is something.

Invictious
09-17-2006, 07:42 AM
BloodStaindMan - I think it's you and your army of weird people

j/k

Atreyu is fine with me, except the vocalist, as I said before, he barfs, not screams.

sendmeapick
09-18-2006, 12:23 AM
yeah atreyu are alright... they arent that skilled but they know how to make some good catchy songs. the curse is way better then their recent album. i reckon it was better back when they were more brutal then now when they focus more on singing. but they are still good

TheNthDimension
09-18-2006, 07:31 AM
I liked The Curse and everything before it, but actually couldn't stand Deathgrip. Wtf happened there?

universal_man
09-18-2006, 08:31 AM
their 1st album is saddness...

AnalWelder
09-18-2006, 07:13 PM
yeah. I like all atreyu albums actually, I guess its the sort of mood u have to be to listen to the type of song the band has but they have covered alot of different aspects of metalcore and hardcore from fast and brutal, now its more melodic and ballad like. I think maybe in thier next album if they release one they might change again altogether. who knows. maybe the old vampirous atreyu we knew from vision, fractures in the facade of your porcelain beauty and suicide notes and butterfly kisses will return yet again with something even heavier, faster and painful than ever imagined and in my opinion it is not beyond the bands talent to do so.

AtReyUfAn_247
09-19-2006, 08:20 PM
i am a huge atreyu fan. i think you all need to shut up and listen to the music, stop talking about it and listen.

if you dont like it, **** off, we dont wana hear about it. stop listening and go somewhere else.

if you like it, turn it up and shut the **** up about it.

i agree with that ^^^^^^^ ;)

Atiao
09-25-2006, 02:15 AM
The curse is better than their new album. :\

the-onem1989
09-25-2006, 06:45 AM
i just burst out laughing at the " triple bass" that the thread starter said.
if he likes them so much, how did he not notice that the guy uses ONE bass drum with a DOUBLE pedal.
maybe he thinks you add the original pedal to the new double pedal.
but unless the guy has 3 feet, which he ****ing doesnt.
that thread starter is a gullable ****wipe, who single-handedly. just wrecked the reputation for ALL atreyu fans.
thanks, prick. lol

irishmatt1992
09-25-2006, 08:33 AM
i just burst out laughing at the " triple bass" that the thread starter said.
if he likes them so much, how did he not notice that the guy uses ONE bass drum with a DOUBLE pedal.
maybe he thinks you add the original pedal to the new double pedal.
but unless the guy has 3 feet, which he ****ing doesnt.
that thread starter is a gullable ****wipe, who single-handedly. just wrecked the reputation for ALL atreyu fans.
thanks, prick. lol

you're a douche, some oone in here had posted a link to some wierd pedal, it's like a cheating pedal only three, idiot, err, prick

EDIT: (mutters to self)July 06'er, ughh

Invictious
09-25-2006, 09:19 AM
you're a douche, some oone in here had posted a link to some wierd pedal, it's like a cheating pedal only three, idiot, err, prick

EDIT: (mutters to self)July 06'er, ughh

I AM NOT SOME OONE!!!

:livid: :grrr: :bash: :mad1: :fight: :angry: :gunsfirin :redbite: :killaxe:

MrGuitar123
09-25-2006, 05:55 PM
I acctully are starting to grow out of Atreyu prolly at the right time but i still like Dan Jacobs as a guitarist and the fact i'm taller then him

VoodooChilDD13
09-25-2006, 07:21 PM
eh overall not a horrible band. personally i think there new **** is horrible, just awful i mean "the theft" is the epitome of ****. haha all that aside old **** is nice i lke both guitarists and the screamer. first 2 cds are deff there best work.

o yeah i thought i read somewhere that he has 1 bass drum for good luck as someone pointed out earlier, that he probably doesnt use it. because maybe im wrong but i dont think ive ever heard his bass running that fast. :)

irishmatt1992
09-26-2006, 08:46 AM
I AM NOT SOME OONE!!!

:livid: :grrr: :bash: :mad1: :fight: :angry: :gunsfirin :redbite: :killaxe:

^^^^^^^^^You're right, this guy over here^^^^^^^^^^

There, now you're famous.

thejackel16
09-28-2006, 03:21 PM
does anyone know what guitar make/model it is that Dan Jacobs in playing in the right side of the bed video? that toney the tiger looking one?

heres a link to the video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q9jVjCb---E
and a link to what guitar i think it is:
http://espguitars.com/images/gallery/Magic_Flute_M1.jpg

beatles_suck
10-02-2006, 05:58 PM
Their OK i seen them at ozzfest and i was to be honest a little surprised they were there. i like some of the songs i heard though.

MrGuitar123
10-04-2006, 05:24 PM
does anyone know what guitar make/model it is that Dan Jacobs in playing in the right side of the bed video? that toney the tiger looking one?

heres a link to the video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q9jVjCb---E
and a link to what guitar i think it is:
http://espguitars.com/images/gallery/Magic_Flute_M1.jpg

its one of George Lynch's guitars... hes the Guitarist from Dokken and considering Dan Jacobs loves Hair Metal.... kinda explains it

KoRn dude
10-06-2006, 01:55 PM
From the Mouth of Brandon: "The Third Bass Drum is for Good luck"

Yeah.......

irishmatt1992
10-06-2006, 05:14 PM
:haha

calebrocker
10-07-2006, 06:13 PM
I just got The Curse yesterday and I really like it. I really haven't heard any of Atreyu's music until a yesterday. I don't know why lots of people don't like them. I saw on previous posts that he has a tripple kick pedal, but it really doesn't sound like he even uses it much.

KoRn dude
10-08-2006, 06:34 PM
He got the triple Kick for the new album (A deathgrip on Yesterday).

It is a little misty why As to why Atreyu are hated. Many argue its because they started out as one genre, then split out into another (many say they founded, but i dont want to say anything). So many of the original fans dislike the new sound.

Hope this helped.

Guitarplaya27
10-08-2006, 06:36 PM
i saw them live

they were pretty good

mr. riff
10-08-2006, 10:12 PM
Good band overall. Best thing about them is their guitar work. Dan Jacobs and Travis Miguel are one of my favorite guitar duos. "The Curse" has some good songs but had a lot of bad ones. "Death-Grip" and Suicide Notes" are pretty good. They need a new bass player, though. The only thing worse than his bass playing is his screaming!

screamokid
10-08-2006, 11:23 PM
i love "the theft"

thats because your homosexual
that song defeats the purpose of atreyu
what happened to there metalcore style?
its still kind of present but now they have songs like shameful, the theft, and exs and ohs, where there is like 2 screams.

crazy_geetarist
10-09-2006, 03:35 PM

actually i think you are full of yourself. he used one bass drum and a double pedal to record a deathgrip on yesterday, so yeah. unless you have proof of this "interview" keep your obviously false facts to yourself.

and if somebody has already said this, sorry i didn't feel like reading the whole thread after this laughable post.

irishmatt1992
10-09-2006, 05:10 PM
actually i think you are full of yourself. he used one bass drum and a double pedal to record a deathgrip on yesterday, so yeah. unless you have proof of this "interview" keep your obviously false facts to yourself.

and if somebody has already said this, sorry i didn't feel like reading the whole thread after this laughable post.

it's not like you have evidence . . .

KoRn dude
10-09-2006, 05:32 PM

Hahaha! One Rant, about something he did :peace:

crazy_geetarist
10-09-2006, 07:25 PM
watch the bonus dvd that comes with deathgrip on yesterday and you'll see one bass drum and a double pedal.

Me2NiK
10-09-2006, 11:41 PM
I love Atreyu, I think they're a damn fine band. Not the most technical band in the world but still a good band nonetheless.

Most people pick fun of Atreyu because it's the cool, generic metalcore elitist thing to do. I think it's rather pathetic; if you don't like the band, that's fine, but please stay out of this thread.

Hammer-Time
10-10-2006, 09:10 PM
The reason brandon (the drummer) has 3 bass drums is cause one is for good luck, i talked to the whole band at their concert this year. They are really awesome live. I saw them with lacuna coil.... didnt really care much for them. Atreyu rocked the damn building. Even tho they are not as hard as they used to be they still rock. fav song, Lip gloss and black. Atreyu rocks

Guitarplaya27
10-12-2006, 07:03 PM
well i mainly like
Exs and Ohs
Bleeding Mascara and

Lip GLoss and Black

yea like the i intors and just the songs lol

xAntichristx666
10-14-2006, 05:03 PM
Atreyu is my favorite Hardcore band. I am absolutely in love with Dan Jacobs. I would kill to have his signature ESP model!!!

Skat64er
10-15-2006, 11:26 AM
...their not hardcore, their not even metalcore, their more screamo than anything

irishmatt1992
10-15-2006, 02:10 PM
...their not hardcore, their not even metalcore, their more screamo than anything

no

Skat64er
10-15-2006, 06:39 PM
no

yes, your just a fanboy and will never believe me, but hardcore is stuff like gorilla biscuits, black flag, comeback kid, bane, death before dishonor, etc. and their is a sticky in this froum explaining different kinds of 'hardcore', and atreyu doesnt fit into any of them because they suck, and a majority of anyone at UG will agree with me. they have mediocre vocals, drums, guitars, bass, everything is just bland and boring, cept for occassional riff rip-off from a better band

irishmatt1992
10-15-2006, 08:46 PM
yes, your just a fanboy and will never believe me, but hardcore is stuff like gorilla biscuits, black flag, comeback kid, bane, death before dishonor, etc. and their is a sticky in this froum explaining different kinds of 'hardcore', and atreyu doesnt fit into any of them because they suck, and a majority of anyone at UG will agree with me. they have mediocre vocals, drums, guitars, bass, everything is just bland and boring, cept for occassional riff rip-off from a better band

no+1

KoRn dude
10-16-2006, 11:03 AM
I really don't care what genre they fit into...

Because a band is a band.

And some people enjoy there music, and some dont.

So **** Genres basically...

:no: :cool:

irishmatt1992
10-16-2006, 04:58 PM
I really don't care what genre they fit into...

Because a band is a band.

And some people enjoy there music, and some dont.

So **** Genres basically...

:no: :cool:

Hmm, I like the words that emerge from your mouth.

Guitarplaya27
12-25-2006, 12:27 PM
I just got the curse today!!!
i love The Crimson, RIght Side Of Bed, You Eclipsed by me

yea great CD!!!!

AudioInjctdSoul
12-25-2006, 12:57 PM
Good band. Their guitarists are capable of such better things, I wish they'd lay back on the catchy choruses sometimes and just let them take over.

HavenSake
12-25-2006, 01:09 PM
Talentless hacks. Just like Bleeding Through and From First to Last, they're in it for the monetary value and not the music. I hate to use the word "gay" as an adjective, but it suits the "boys" here. Word on the street is that they're signing a contract with Revlon.

roshiee
12-27-2006, 05:58 PM
If you dont like the ****ing band then dont listen to them and leave this thread! Jesus I am sick of people complaining about how they have crappy music. If you dont like them then shut the f*ck up!

HavenSake
12-28-2006, 05:42 PM
Aw...boo-hoo. Don't take it so hard, you didn't make them suck. They made themselves suck. Sorry, but they're retarded.

md41
12-28-2006, 11:47 PM
isnt Atreyu screamo? thats what i hear they are. theyre great i dont care what genre i have two of their albums.

Guitarplaya27
01-24-2007, 06:57 PM
i think their best song is Right Side Of THe Bed......

the only song i can really get into for some reason

ragebass89
01-24-2007, 09:01 PM
Just bought A Death-Grip on Yesterday. Awesome cd. Ex's and Oh's is the best song. I personally love the catchy choruses.

gtdude114
01-24-2007, 09:03 PM
Yeah i need to buy their cds but i luv their songs. I would play them, but im too f*ckin lazy to tune to D, then drop C.

Large Panda
01-24-2007, 10:06 PM
yea, ex's and oh's is probably the worst song on atreyus relatively new album. Their old album is better and the ones b4 that.

Serj_Love
01-24-2007, 10:15 PM
i personally like The Theft the most. The Crimson and Rememberance Ballad are both very good songs too.

MAXPAYNE4664
01-25-2007, 02:46 AM
Eh....I got into Atreyu by buying their new album. It took a while to grow on me but now I'm a fan of them. I listened to some of their singles in The Curse and I thought those songs were a lot better than the songs in Death-Grip. Bleeding Masacara is an awesome song.

b.c.rich rules
03-12-2007, 06:31 PM
I only have Suicide Notes And Butterfly Kisses, plus the song "Her Portrait In Black"

zer0monkey
03-12-2007, 09:07 PM
hah i love how everyone dislikes the CD with some variation in it and more musical talent and go for the two with repeated chords and themes in most of the songs

Seth Shadows
03-28-2007, 01:01 PM
I love Atreyu so much. I'm waiting for their new album on hollywood records

mr. riff
03-28-2007, 05:16 PM
I kind of passed off Atreyu as just another metalcore band before "Death-Grip" came out. But when it did I immediatley got into 'em. It bothers me how so many people think Death-Grip is sh*t. Most of that stuff is pretty progressive compared to most of what other stuff metalcore bands are recycling these days.

$Roland$
06-07-2007, 04:15 AM
Personally, I really like Atreyu. I think the reason so many people dislike them is because they compare them to what they think is "real" metal or "real" hardcore. And it seems like a lot of people don't like when bands change. I'd much rather see a band grow and evolve than remain static.

chloroformkisme
06-11-2007, 12:10 AM
If you go to the Atreyu website you can put together the pieces to their new song "Becoming The Bull" and then listen to the song. It's not bad but they need to go back to the days of The Curse...this mellow stuff is for the birds. I just miss loosing my frustrations while listening to the screaming of the Curse and the new CDs lack that.

In_revolution
06-11-2007, 01:29 AM
Woah, I totally didn't catch the similarity between Right Side of the Bed and The Hive, but your right. I think I just lost a little respect for Atreyu. Still a good band overall though, and at least Dan Jacobs still chooses to play solo's in most of the songs. Props to him for that AND his kickass guitar.

Kutless
06-11-2007, 01:46 AM
I personally Like them and have been a fan for a while. The only thing that bugs me is I saw them on Jimmy Kimmel or one of those late night shows and they played ex's and Oh's and it was terrible. well, the song wasn't terrible, the guy who does the screaming usually, was singing the verses and stuff, and the guy couldn't carry a tune for the life of him. And I kind of think the measure of a band is the way they play live. Cause any good producer can make a band sound good on the cd. Still love them, but those vocals near killed me

sgmetalhead
06-11-2007, 01:41 PM
i really like "The Curse", and "Suicide Notes and Butterfly Kisses" was pretty good, but other than those two albums, i dont like their stuff much at all. "A Death Grip On Yesterday" is a really poor album in my opinion. but anyways, my favorite songs by them are The Crimson, Right Side of the Bed, and Lip Gloss and Black is really cool too.

Lucifers Minion
06-13-2007, 11:32 AM
i love atreyu but i dont really listen to them all that much these days.

xJawsh
06-13-2007, 11:37 AM
This (http://www.cflhardcore.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=20297) is what you all want.
Now end this thread.

Lucifers Minion
06-14-2007, 10:51 AM
there is nothing wrong with this thread!

Thania
06-14-2007, 09:57 PM
anybody has the lyrics for becoming the bull? the new single?

the game they had was fun for about 10 minutes. but then it just got annoying when you find out you can just download the track off limewire =/

12shinn21
06-14-2007, 11:03 PM
used to like em, nothing special

their new song sounds terrible...

Thebiz
02-26-2008, 11:15 PM
Love Atreyu, they're great...and I, unlike many of their fans, am glad they dropped the "love-gone-bad" and "evil women" lyrics. I think they're great.

However, I was a little bit disappointed by the lack of heaviness on their new album.

HethaHORRIFIC
02-27-2008, 03:32 AM
aint love grand.

is their best song

Thebiz
03-03-2008, 06:54 PM
aint love grand.

is their best song

I see...I plan on the learning the solo to Right Side of the Bed since most of it looks pretty easy.

ballsout
03-11-2008, 07:57 AM
Atreyu is another one of those bands that was extremely sick back in the day, but disappointed me with their later records. I have to admit, though their style changed for the worse IMO, their new stuff is decent. A band that used to be as great as they were couldnt put out a $hitty record if they tried I guess.

Thebiz
03-11-2008, 09:01 AM
Atreyu is another one of those bands that was extremely sick back in the day, but disappointed me with their later records. I have to admit, though their style changed for the worse IMO, their new stuff is decent. A band that used to be as great as they were couldnt put out a $hitty record if they tried I guess.

It's because they went to a major label. And, as we all know, major labels these days will give absolutely no control to the artists if it means they'll make the most money.

ballsout
03-12-2008, 07:03 AM
What label are they even on these days? Even so, The Curse came out on Victory and that was the beginning of the end IMO. The only 100% badass Atreyu release is Butterfly Kisses. The band decided to go the '80's hair-metal sound' route on their own, becoming much more accessible to fans everywhere by tripling the amount of clean vocals in the songs. Standard formula for a hardcore band that sells out if you ask me. But like I said before, their new stuff is still pretty decent, even from my point of view. I'm not a hater or anything, just disappointed in a band that was once a favorite and now just another 'ok' metalcore band out there.

synester_gates
03-13-2008, 07:10 PM
did they play lose it at any of their taste of chaos shows anyone?

Thebiz
03-17-2008, 07:30 AM
What label are they even on these days? Even so, The Curse came out on Victory and that was the beginning of the end IMO. The only 100% badass Atreyu release is Butterfly Kisses. The band decided to go the '80's hair-metal sound' route on their own, becoming much more accessible to fans everywhere by tripling the amount of clean vocals in the songs. Standard formula for a hardcore band that sells out if you ask me. But like I said before, their new stuff is still pretty decent, even from my point of view. I'm not a hater or anything, just disappointed in a band that was once a favorite and now just another 'ok' metalcore band out there.

Hollywood Records I believe.

I disagree with your second sentence though. The Curse was my favorite album by them. I was addicted to Bleeding Mascara and The Crimson for quite some time.

But I do agree with the clean vocals. They should just let Brandon do them all. Alex should stick to screaming; he's a horrible singer imo.

showtheway
03-17-2008, 02:08 PM

actually i would put them more in the "****ty music" catagory if we really must classify them as music

Gibson_SG_uzr55
03-20-2008, 07:14 PM
Wow...

I must be the only one here who thinks all four albums are consistently good start to finish.

Thebiz
03-20-2008, 07:58 PM
Wow...

I must be the only one here who thinks all four albums are consistently good start to finish.

I think the first three are...but about half of the songs on LSPA bore me. Lose It, Blow, Becoming The Bull, and Can't Happen Here are the only songs I can listen to at a normal pace.

Not to say it's a bad album...I'm all for change in artists. I supported Avenged Sevenfold with City Of Evil and Trivium with The Crusade...so I'll stand by Atreyu for Lead Sails Paper Anchor.

Thebiz
04-01-2008, 12:56 AM
So how are their ToC shows doing? Are they sucking or have they gotten better live?

WILDWAYNE001
04-01-2008, 02:48 AM
They sucked :( Can't blame them totally tho...

Perpetual Burn
04-01-2008, 06:28 AM
I think the first three are...but about half of the songs on LSPA bore me. Lose It, Blow, Becoming The Bull, and Can't Happen Here are the only songs I can listen to at a normal pace.

Not to say it's a bad album...I'm all for change in artists. I supported Avenged Sevenfold with City Of Evil and Trivium with The Crusade...so I'll stand by Atreyu for Lead Sails Paper Anchor.

I thought City of Evil was decent, The Crusade was good, but Lead Sails sort of...sucked.

Thebiz
04-01-2008, 01:02 PM
I thought City of Evil was decent, The Crusade was good, but Lead Sails sort of...sucked.

I thought Alex's clean vocals could use some major improvement. Brandon did a much better job singing on LSPA, which is not good news for Alex. But the instruments were top-notch.

Hopefully he will scream more on their next album, but they did sign to Hollywood Records...which is composed of mostly Hannah Montana and Disney-esque crap. So we'll have to hope for the best.

jackrocks4
04-02-2008, 09:21 PM
lol ur so deaf......anyways atreyu is AMAZING!!!!!!! dan jacobs is close to the best guitar player on this earth....before i get flamed i said CLOSE or just listen to the intro for bleeding mascara...dude....amazing playing there..... :headbang:

jackrocks4
04-02-2008, 09:26 PM
city of evil sucked besides two tracks...beast and the harlot and bat country but if haddows had screamed it would have been awesome......but no shadows had to sing....and he sounds like a dying 13 year old going through puberty....and lead sails and paper anchor is one of my favorites i dont understand why its considered their worst.....

Thebiz
04-02-2008, 11:34 PM
lol ur so deaf......anyways atreyu is AMAZING!!!!!!! dan jacobs is close to the best guitar player on this earth....before i get flamed i said CLOSE or just listen to the intro for bleeding mascara...dude....amazing playing there..... :headbang:

Actually, ParanoiDave's Youtube video "Interpretation of Atreyu" proves it. Go watch it.

No...Dan Jacobs is definitely nowhere near the best guitar player on earth. You are smoking crack. He is good though.

There are also more complex sweeps than those on Bleeding Mascara.

soXlittleXtimeX
04-03-2008, 02:01 AM
atreyu is pretty good, I remember hearing about them when their first album was relaeased

i use to be in love with "right side of the bed"

3rdActguitarist
04-03-2008, 07:10 AM
The Curse is, imo, their best album. With stuff like Bleeding Mascara, Right Side of The Bed, You Eclipsed by Me, This Flesh A Tomb, and My Sanity On A Funeral Prye, its most definitly my favorite.

Lead Sails, Paper Anchor is not that bad, but it seems to me like they've toned down

jackrocks4
04-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Actually, ParanoiDave's Youtube video "Interpretation of Atreyu" proves it. Go watch it.

No...Dan Jacobs is definitely nowhere near the best guitar player on earth. You are smoking crack. He is good though.

There are also more complex sweeps than those on Bleeding Mascara.
no crack dude...im 14.... :peace: but hey those are all opnions so who is anyone to judge it would just be nice if fans of atreyu could just be left alone though and not have to argue with haters.....

Thebiz
04-10-2008, 09:29 AM
Does anyone know when the new Rock House Method Metal Guitar DVDs are coming out? I'm thinking about getting the Dan Jacobs and Alexi Laiho DVDs.

Thebiz
04-14-2008, 06:15 PM
Never mind...I found out they should come out April 30th.

On another note, I might get to go see Atreyu live at the Projekt Revolution tour this summer (I posted a thread about the tour in the bands & artists section, if you saw it), but I hear they are terrible live. Is this true?

jackrocks4
04-14-2008, 09:13 PM
Never mind...I found out they should come out April 30th.

On another note, I might get to go see Atreyu live at the Projekt Revolution tour this summer (I posted a thread about the tour in the bands & artists section, if you saw it), but I hear they are terrible live. Is this true?
its all based on your opnions i think their amazing but hey thats me and alot o fpeople seem to not agree with me like half the guys that i flamed and got flamed by that seemed to have wussed out of the flamewar :peace: :devil:

XCount Me InX
04-14-2008, 09:28 PM
i saw them back in 04
they were pretty good then, but alex had done somethign to his voice so he wasnt screaming as much

Thebiz
04-14-2008, 09:43 PM
I see...

But I guess every band has their off days anyway :)

XCount Me InX
04-15-2008, 08:33 AM
yeah i guess thats true, every bands allowed to **** up once in a while

Thebiz
04-15-2008, 08:50 AM
In other news, I just learned the intro to The Remembrance Ballad :D

It was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be...I just have to work on the rest of the song and the solo now.

punkforlife93
04-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Bleeding Mascara's sweep picking/tapping intro is completely EPIC. I don't get all the hate on this band.

XCount Me InX
04-15-2008, 11:44 AM
oh no i loved the first 2 albums
suicide notes and butterfly kisses was a GREAT album as was the curse

then it kinda went .....meh

Thebiz
04-15-2008, 04:24 PM
Bleeding Mascara's sweep picking/tapping intro is completely EPIC. I don't get all the hate on this band.

It's most likely Alex's voice and his lyrics.

My favorite album by them is the Curse. There's so many of their best songs on it...Bleeding Mascara, The Remembrance Ballad, The Crimson, Right Side Of The Bed...it's just awesome.

Symphonic_Chaos
04-15-2008, 10:35 PM

:haha Just no. He may be skilled but he is nowhere near the best player.

I really wish they hadn't signed to hollywood records. I liked SNABK aswell as the curse. Hell, I even liked ADGOY. But that new album.. Its just not them really.

*Throws up the "But all bands change their sound and evolve" shield*

XCount Me InX
04-15-2008, 10:38 PM
It's most likely Alex's voice and his lyrics.

My favorite album by them is the Curse. There's so many of their best songs on it...Bleeding Mascara, The Remembrance Ballad, The Crimson, Right Side Of The Bed...it's just awesome.
i know its not off that album

but my favourite song is Aint Love Grand

i just love the intro haha

Aveks
04-16-2008, 01:06 AM
Being a drummer I can say triple bass would be nice.

You can tune or a bass drum, just like you can tune any other drum. The third probably has a different sound than the others. Playing two same sounding basses (sp?) then playing two different sound basses has a nice effect. Its not like he can tune his bass drum on the fly.

Also, more room to mount toms and cymbals, etc.

Thebiz
04-16-2008, 08:12 AM
Being a drummer I can say triple bass would be nice.

You can tune or a bass drum, just like you can tune any other drum. The third probably has a different sound than the others. Playing two same sounding basses (sp?) then playing two different sound basses has a nice effect. Its not like he can tune his bass drum on the fly.

Also, more room to mount toms and cymbals, etc.

The drummer for the last band I was in didn't want to sing and play at the same time (we never did find a singer, one of the reasons I quit), and I told him to learn some Atreyu songs, and he said that Brandon Saller only played simple stuff.

I'm not a drummer so I wouldn't know, but from what I hear Brandon's actually quite a skilled drummer.

jackrocks4
04-16-2008, 08:52 AM
:haha Just no. He may be skilled but he is nowhere near the best player.

I really wish they hadn't signed to hollywood records. I liked SNABK aswell as the curse. Hell, I even liked ADGOY. But that new album.. Its just not them really.

*Throws up the "But all bands change their sound and evolve" shield*
eh everyone has oponions and yes they did just grow up but i still love lspa :peace:

Thebiz
04-16-2008, 10:04 PM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=iQZ9O1iL7T0

I think I found the best Atreyu cover ever.

duferrs
04-16-2008, 10:07 PM
ATREYU ROCKZZZZZZ..............

I luv their underworld song Her Potrait In Black.....

Thebiz
04-18-2008, 09:54 PM
One of the only things I don't like about Atreyu is their lead singer, Alex...he screams wrong in the first album (his voice crackles a little every song) and he can't sing worth a **** live.

Blaze3
04-21-2008, 02:41 PM
Very good band.I like them mostly because of the guitarists,as for the screaming I don't always enjoy that,but they've really toned it down in their new album.If you know how to play Right side of bed,Ex's and Oh's,and Lip gloss in black on guitar I would call you way better then I am and you need to tell me how to play those songs! :D

Thebiz
04-21-2008, 09:40 PM
Very good band.I like them mostly because of the guitarists,as for the screaming I don't always enjoy that,but they've really toned it down in their new album.If you know how to play Right side of bed,Ex's and Oh's,and Lip gloss in black on guitar I would call you way better then I am and you need to tell me how to play those songs! :D

Lip Gloss is really easy.

MetalNinja
04-27-2008, 10:50 PM
top 5 atreyu songs?

Thebiz
04-28-2008, 07:28 AM
I believe mine would have to go like this:

1. The Crimson
2. The Remembrance Ballad
3. Lip Gloss And Black
4. Tulips Are Better
5. Demonology and Heartache

Suicide Notes and Butterfly Kisses and The Curse are both brilliant and near-flawless :D

y-e-a-r-z-e-r-o
04-28-2008, 01:28 PM
Top 5
1. The Theft
2. Creature
3. Bleeding Mascara
4. Someone Standing on My Chest
5. Blow

saxaxe
04-29-2008, 06:24 PM
Visions is amazing. Fractures is pretty good. Suicide Notes and The Curse are good for nostalgia purposes, but not much beyond that.

TheBDanAbstract
04-29-2008, 09:00 PM
One of the only things I don't like about Atreyu is their lead singer, Alex...he screams wrong in the first album (his voice crackles a little every song) and he can't sing worth a **** live.

i thought the same, but a toc they ROCKED it.

i was impressed. i guess he had a good night.

saxaxe
04-30-2008, 11:52 PM
Top 5 songs:
1. As the Line Between Machinery and Humanity Blurs
2. Someone Standing on My Chest
3. Love is Illness
4. Corseting
5. Never Too Far Gone

Lol.
05-06-2008, 12:11 AM
This band is amazing. The 2 best guitar solos i've ever heard are from the songs: You Give Love A Bad Name, and Blow. If you dont like this band then you don't belong in the Metalcore Forums and should gtfo

waldorphPRS41
05-06-2008, 12:14 AM
This band is amazing. The 2 best guitar solos i've ever heard are from the songs: You Give Love A Bad Name, and Blow. If you dont like this band then you don't belong in the Metalcore Forums and should gtfo
I guess I've been reading this wrong for the last few years, so this is the Metalcore forums huh?

Lol.
05-06-2008, 12:19 AM
I guess I've been reading this wrong for the last few years, so this is the Metalcore forums huh?

Lol well i just joined today. My mistake. But i dont care what kind of music you like, if you dont like atreyu then you dont belong in any forums. tyvm

aggiefan33
05-06-2008, 12:37 AM
Lol well i just joined today. My mistake. But i dont care what kind of music you like, if you dont like atreyu then you dont belong in any forums. tyvm
90% of the people in this forum despises Atreyu, yet they belong here. Strange. ;)

tomohawkjoe
05-06-2008, 12:50 AM
If this is your honest opinion, you don't belong on the internet.

Thebiz
05-06-2008, 08:15 AM
90% of the people in this forum despises Atreyu, yet they belong here. Strange. ;)

They used to be hardcore (at least mainstream hardcore, not "tr00 hxc") at one point before they signed to the Disney label....which was a horrible career move.

They're worse now than they were back then.

tomohawkjoe
05-06-2008, 11:18 AM
They used to be hardcore (at least mainstream hardcore, not "tr00 hxc") at one point before they signed to the Disney label....which was a horrible career move.

They're worse now than they were back then.
Metalcore
METALCORE

Thebiz
05-06-2008, 11:23 AM
Metalcore
METALCORE

Alright, alright. Chill! I just get flamed every time I put metal and Atreyu in the same sentence even if it is attached to -core. :peace:

EDIT: Although, technically, aren't I still right since Metalcore is a subgenre of Hardcore?

tomohawkjoe
05-06-2008, 11:46 AM
don't take me to seriously. But they really can't be called just straight hardcore. They have more of a metal sound regardless of how much the metal forum denies it than hardcore.

EDIT: But they're earlier stuff had hardcore elements, thus, the metalcore.

saxaxe
05-06-2008, 02:28 PM
don't take me to seriously. But they really can't be called just straight hardcore. They have more of a metal sound regardless of how much the metal forum denies it than hardcore.

*twitch*
Their

tomohawkjoe
05-06-2008, 02:49 PM
holy **** I can't believe I actually did that. they are doesn't even fit. God Damnit, I hardly ever make that kind of mistake. ****, how did I even ****ing let that fly by me.

Thebiz
05-06-2008, 04:14 PM

Ok cool. Just making sure.

Thebiz
05-19-2008, 04:11 PM
On another note, I actually found an old, good performance by Atreyu!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhWcKcC7HLw&feature=related

Alex is bald too. :eek:

JxD
05-19-2008, 10:02 PM
Atreyu is a hardcore band?

saxaxe
05-19-2008, 10:57 PM
Atreyu is a hardcore band?
Metalcore a while ago. Mediocre modern rock now.

Thebiz
05-19-2008, 11:18 PM

Yup. They went from being one of the greatest metalcore bands around to being an ok unoriginal modern rock band on their new album.

saxaxe
05-20-2008, 12:25 AM
Yup. They went from being one of the greatest metalcore bands around to being an ok unoriginal modern rock band on their new album.
Greatest around is a hell of a stretch. They were decent at best.

Thebiz
05-20-2008, 08:39 AM
Greatest around is a hell of a stretch. They were decent at best.

Yeah, it's just my opinion, to each his own.

saxaxe
05-20-2008, 09:05 AM
Thats true. My 12 year old preppy sister told me yesterday she likes Atreyu.
I played her Corseting and As the Line Between Machinery etc and she almost crapped her pants.

JxD
05-20-2008, 12:34 PM

I was just being a jerk, I know that they somehow fell under the umbrella of "metalcore" in one of its numerous facets. I haven't listened to them since I realized that The Curse was garbage (not to mention everything preceding that album), so their recent modern rock/nu-metal songs have yet to rape my Atreyu free mind.

recklessnick
05-21-2008, 03:44 AM
hate how they changed. bands like trivium, atreyu, bullet for my valentine, avenged sevenfold. i read in an interview with bullet that the guy stated the reason for change was because he was sick of being called "emo" and wanted to be called "metal". that is totally lame.

its a waste that they are all being so lame as they all have talented guitarists

Thebiz
05-21-2008, 09:15 AM
I was just being a jerk, I know that they somehow fell under the umbrella of "metalcore" in one of its numerous facets. I haven't listened to them since I realized that The Curse was garbage (not to mention everything preceding that album), so their recent modern rock/nu-metal songs have yet to rape my Atreyu free mind.

Bold: :no:

Underline: :eek: ...most everyone on these forums likes the material preceding The Curse the best...that's actually quite a surprise.

It's kinda funny that you feel obligated to waste your time complaining on a band you hate in their forums though, instead of being involved with their or another band's discussion, or at least giving a reason why you think they are garbage. You really persuaded me to think different about them.

JxD
05-21-2008, 02:11 PM
I suppose you're right, nobody wins when someone wastes their time complaining about a band they don't like. But complaining can have a purpose; it often rallies the fans to defend the band in question and then I begin to see (or not) the qualities of the music that I dislike.

Anyways, I suppose I could type up a couple reasons why I don't like Atreyu. My biggest beef with Atreyu lies in their lyrics and the brand of music they play. I found the lyrics tacky and contrived; I generally frown upon any band that writes songs with an Anne Rice theme. As for the type of music they play; that brand of metalcore (I use that term loosely) is far too calculated and repeated to draw me in. The music sounds like it's made to sell records and thus looses its sincerity (possibly a symptom of signing to Victory). I also think the whole "screaming with singing tacked on" is displeasing to my ears.

I can't help but think that Atreyu (and the bands aping them) cheapen what metalcore is. Bands like Unbroken and Strife carved out a niche for their own brand of music and now these crappy nu-metal bands have changed it into some abortion of their own.

Craigo
05-21-2008, 02:55 PM
Bold: :no:

Underline: :eek: ...most everyone on these forums likes the material preceding The Curse the best...that's actually quite a surprise.

It's kinda funny that you feel obligated to waste your time complaining on a band you hate in their forums though, instead of being involved with their or another band's discussion, or at least giving a reason why you think they are garbage. You really persuaded me to think different about them.
I could give a reason and it wouldn't persuade you. Also, you know you like a music. You find out why through analysis. You hear music and go 'wow this is awesome because of this, this and this', you tend to go 'wow this is good'. You don't need a reason for disliking music.

And nah, I just like making sure everyone knows where I stand on things I can't tolerate, including certain bands.

Thebiz
05-21-2008, 09:48 PM
I suppose you're right, nobody wins when someone wastes their time complaining about a band they don't like. But complaining can have a purpose; it often rallies the fans to defend the band in question and then I begin to see (or not) the qualities of the music that I dislike.

Anyways, I suppose I could type up a couple reasons why I don't like Atreyu. My biggest beef with Atreyu lies in their lyrics and the brand of music they play. I found the lyrics tacky and contrived; I generally frown upon any band that writes songs with an Anne Rice theme. As for the type of music they play; that brand of metalcore (I use that term loosely) is far too calculated and repeated to draw me in. The music sounds like it's made to sell records and thus looses its sincerity (possibly a symptom of signing to Victory). I also think the whole "screaming with singing tacked on" is displeasing to my ears.

I can't help but think that Atreyu (and the bands aping them) cheapen what metalcore is. Bands like Unbroken and Strife carved out a niche for their own brand of music and now these crappy nu-metal bands have changed it into some abortion of their own.

Fair enough. :peace:

UneasyxKarma
05-27-2008, 01:59 PM
Now Ateryu is (in my mind of minds) one of the best bands out there........or at least they used to be. Victory is such a good label and then they went to Hollywood and went soft. Now im not saying that their new album sucks im just aying nothing (Atreyu's music) is better than "A Deathgrip On Yesterday" and has anyone else noticed that a lot of harder music sounds like its from 28 years ago?

Coheed777
05-27-2008, 02:16 PM
Now Ateryu is (in my mind of minds) one of the best bands out there........or at least they used to be. Victory is such a good label and then they went to Hollywood and went soft. Now im not saying that their new album sucks im just aying nothing (Atreyu's music) is better than "A Deathgrip On Yesterday" and has anyone else noticed that a lot of harder music sounds like its from 28 years ago?

Victory are douchebags. Atreyu released Best Of Atreyu just so their contract with Victory would end. But then and joined a Disney label..

Atreyu blows now.

And Death Grip is crap compared to The Curse And Suicide Notes.

kryptonite22
05-27-2008, 03:46 PM
Victory is such a good label :no:

venomouskiss320
06-08-2008, 05:49 PM

no offense,but the triple bass drum there,is just for looks,he has 2 feet you know,ive seen him live twice,and met him...its humanly impossible to clamp the high hat,and play triplebass ontop of that

venomouskiss320
06-08-2008, 06:07 PM
:no:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA dude thats soo ****ing right its funny!

WARLOCK123
06-23-2008, 01:24 PM
i realised there are hardly any atreyu groups. so i started one called Atreyu Rocks!! feel free to join and post comments or whatever u want

AimforVengeance
06-23-2008, 06:12 PM
Atreyu rules, I think there old stuff is like the best, and I also like some of there new stuff. but has anyone heard their cover of that song epic? God, thats the one song I cannot even stand, they shouldn't of covered that =[

birdman267
06-24-2008, 04:08 PM
Anyone else think the drummer sounds like the vox from living colour?

dabonehead182
06-28-2008, 03:11 PM
Atreyu are still one of my favorite bands. I was a fan since i first heard Suicide Notes. It was an album, like many others, that i really got into during my freshman year. Travis Miguel lived in P-town like me and i think most of the band lived in yorba linda which was the next town over. I think they're really good and the mix of brandon and alex's vocals work really well. The new album did take a while to listen to but sank in. Plus, Dan Jacobs main influences are a lot of 80's hair bands. They're one of my favorite bands coming out of the oc along with avenged and bleeding through.

Gibson_SG_uzr55
06-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Victory are douchebags. Atreyu released Best Of Atreyu just so their contract with Victory would end. But then and joined a Disney label..

Atreyu blows now.

And Death Grip is crap compared to The Curse And Suicide Notes.
I would have stayed with Victory, their situation was fine, I think.

Thebiz
06-30-2008, 01:03 PM
Atreyu are still one of my favorite bands. I was a fan since i first heard Suicide Notes. It was an album, like many others, that i really got into during my freshman year. Travis Miguel lived in P-town like me and i think most of the band lived in yorba linda which was the next town over. I think they're really good and the mix of brandon and alex's vocals work really well. The new album did take a while to listen to but sank in. Plus, Dan Jacobs main influences are a lot of 80's hair bands. They're one of my favorite bands coming out of the oc along with avenged and bleeding through.

Haven't those guys been around for like...almost 10 years now? Haven't they already come out?

Another bassist
07-02-2008, 12:55 AM
lawl @ Triple Bass.

I'm a drummer, I can tell you he actually NEEDS 3 bass drums. He has a large amount of toms, so let's say he's playing the lowest toms he has, which would be on the far right-side of his kit. Now in this position, it would be impossible for him to play these toms AND keep a double-bass beat if he had 2 bass drums on their standard locations. So instead of having to worry about this, he can add a third bass drum into the mix, making it so that no matter where he is positioned behind his set, he will ALWAYS have 2 bass drums at the ready.

aggiefan33
07-02-2008, 12:58 AM
I'm a drummer
ur another bassist, im confuzed

still, Lawl at triple bass

recklessnick
07-02-2008, 10:07 AM
im actually starting to enjoy lead paper. its very different, but listening to the songs without comparisons or trying to spot the many differences from the song with bleeding mascara. its actually not bad. but i heard they suck live

dabonehead182
07-02-2008, 10:29 AM
I've seen them twice: warped tour and Taste of Chaos. Both times they played really good.

Teh_Asian_Pro
07-03-2008, 12:33 AM
Awesome band.
Saw them, sweet show.

recklessnick
07-03-2008, 05:52 AM
i heard the two singers couldnt sing in tune.

a7xshredda
07-05-2008, 11:21 PM
the reason he uses 3 bass drums is because his set is fairly big so the third drum (far right) makes it so that he can rotate his whole body to play the drums on the right side of the kit instead of keeping to lower portion stationary for the bass and rotating the upper portion of his body to hit the toms cymbals. i think he even has a snare for each side.

DreamTheater36
07-06-2008, 11:15 AM
This is a band that I have loved for many years....but I was really disappointed when I saw them live. They singer not playing drums tried to turn it into a comedy show....the only bad part is that he isn't funny. The vocals just sounded really off and it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Me2NiK
07-06-2008, 11:37 AM
I'm a drummer, I can tell you he actually NEEDS 3 bass drums. He has a large amount of toms, so let's say he's playing the lowest toms he has, which would be on the far right-side of his kit. Now in this position, it would be impossible for him to play these toms AND keep a double-bass beat if he had 2 bass drums on their standard locations. So instead of having to worry about this, he can add a third bass drum into the mix, making it so that no matter where he is positioned behind his set, he will ALWAYS have 2 bass drums at the ready.
The much cheaper and more popular alternative to this is to rig multiple bass pedals to the same bass drum.I can guarantee you, he does not use that third bass drum. And while I haven't listened to Atreyu in a very long time, I'm almost as sure that he doesn't use all of those toms either.

fredzeskater
07-09-2008, 08:25 AM
this is metalcore.

not hardcore

TheBDanAbstract
07-09-2008, 11:57 AM
im actually starting to enjoy lead paper. its very different, but listening to the songs without comparisons or trying to spot the many differences from the song with bleeding mascara. its actually not bad. but i heard they suck live

i thought so too, but at this years taste of chaos they ****ing rocked it

i was OVERLY impressed

dabonehead182
07-09-2008, 02:31 PM
my only beef with taste of chaos is they only played one song off suicide. I wanted to hear at least ain't love grand or deanne

Gibson_SG_uzr55
07-09-2008, 08:49 PM
^Deanne is very overlooked imo.

what song do they often close with? I would guess Crimson or LGAB, but idk.

dabonehead182
07-10-2008, 11:32 AM
^Deanne is very overlooked imo.

what song do they often close with? I would guess Crimson or LGAB, but idk.
Yes it is. Deanne is the first song i learned to play on my guitar from them. I forgot what song they ended with on warped tour but at toc they ended with lip gloss and black. the only thing i miss that piano thing they have on the album. other overlooked songs: Someone's Standing on My Chest, Nevadas Grace, and This Flesh a Tomb. i prefer any of those over right side or ex's and oh's

pmeg568c
07-10-2008, 11:33 AM
people still listen to this band? lol.

BFMVrrule
07-10-2008, 10:30 PM
but i heard they suck live

where the hell did you hear that from? ive seen them live with bullet and a7x and they were amazing

Platinumcs
07-10-2008, 11:23 PM
where the hell did you hear that from? ive seen them live with bullet and a7x and they were amazing

QFT

I liked Atreyu probably more than A7X in some ways.

The main thing I liked about seeing A7X was the pure awesomeness of being able to say "oh yeah I've seen a7x live"

Platinumcs
07-10-2008, 11:31 PM
Sorry for double post but my browser keeps freezing when I try to edit.

Anyone got a 1280x1024 Atreyu wallpaper? Or failing that anyone with photoshop skills care to make me one?

I would really like a full sized version of the Lead Sails album cover,
or a simple dark background with the atreyu logo and maybe dan's guitar or something.

It's for my work pc so has to be worksafe (all the ones on google images weren't that good)

WARLOCK123
08-03-2008, 03:59 PM
why doesnt any one post here?

Aveks
08-03-2008, 04:15 PM
because this band is terrible.

Gibson_SG_uzr55
08-05-2008, 10:09 AM
^Quit trolling

JxD
08-05-2008, 05:20 PM
because this band is terrible.

agreed

master_exploder
08-16-2008, 03:37 PM
I dont know why people dont like atreyu tbh, i mean just cos theyre not everyones favourite doesnt mean they have to go and hate them, y'know?

but yeah i think theyre pretty awesoe and they have brilliant songs, such as my fork in the road (your knife in my back) , the crimson, ex's and oh's , bleeding mascara, and wehn two are one.

theyre first three albums were comepletly amazing, but im not so sure about lead sails tbh, yeah its good, its just not there style in music on all songs

but still it ws a good album ...

Thebiz
08-18-2008, 07:07 PM
theyre first three albums were comepletly amazing, but im not so sure about lead sails tbh, yeah its good, its just not there style in music on all songs

but still it ws a good album ...

Their best albums are their first two and their EP Visions.

Death Grip was ok...it had one too many filler songs.

By the time Lead Sails came out, when I first heard Becoming the Bull, I thought...this stuff is alright...and then I bought the album and was thoroughly disappointed.

How in God's name can they go from:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8F73YBMlh4

to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGG9BcKa99o

:confused: :confused: :confused:

WARLOCK123
09-13-2008, 04:37 AM
i have sort of out grown them recently. lead sails is good but i dont like deathgrip

Shredx
09-13-2008, 08:27 AM
Wow I didnt know atreyu used to be that well raw. Lol I prefer deathcrip and the curse to that.

but lead sails isnt bad its just different, it took me ages to get into it, but its a good album for what they wanted it to be, but I want them to go back to their older stuff for the next album :D

punkforlife93
09-13-2008, 03:39 PM
Their best albums are their first two and their EP Visions.

Death Grip was ok...it had one too many filler songs.

By the time Lead Sails came out, when I first heard Becoming the Bull, I thought...this stuff is alright...and then I bought the album and was thoroughly disappointed.

How in God's name can they go from:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8F73YBMlh4

to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGG9BcKa99o

:confused: :confused: :confused:

:sad:

They used to be good, suddenly they suck, the curse and butterfly wings were the only albums I liked particularly. Though visions was alright.

Lead Sails blows.

icyblue
09-14-2008, 06:26 AM
I think Lead Sails is a good album, it's just very different from their previous stuff which I'm pretty sure was the whole point, having a go at a different style and all. I do prefer the earlier albums like The Curse, ect but Lead Sails is still a good effort on their part.

upchuck51
10-06-2008, 10:44 PM
best song ever is bleeding masscara or the crimsom

Thebiz
10-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Atreyu definitely had their moments, but I believe they're past their prime now.

Thebiz
10-11-2008, 04:16 PM
I think Lead Sails is a good album, it's just very different from their previous stuff which I'm pretty sure was the whole point, having a go at a different style and all. I do prefer the earlier albums like The Curse, ect but Lead Sails is still a good effort on their part.

Lead Sails is good in most aspects. Alex's singing voice just doesn't carry as much weight as his screaming does. His singing is weak. Brandon's voice is MUCH more powerful.

But Atreyu hasn't STOPPED screaming altogether. Hopefully their next album will go back to their main hardcore/metalcore roots.

Joey Radical
12-16-2008, 08:36 PM
I don't see why so many people hates this band. I personally think they're awesome. So what if they aren't original? So what if they're not metal or whatever? Who gives a ****? As long as the music is enjoyable... So sick of all the elitists!

- M H Z -
01-18-2009, 06:02 AM
Atreyu are awesome why do so many people rip them off,
Becoming the bull and When Two are one ftw?

lockshockbarrel
01-18-2009, 11:00 PM
alex just needs to scream or pick up an instrument, cuz hes not being being very useful now that the drummer sings. how do u sing and play drums at the SAME time? blows my mind. and hes pretty good at both

Hcmanu
01-18-2009, 11:40 PM
Lead Sails was good. But honestly im more a SNABK and The crimson fan. ( Not saying that Lead Sails wasnt good it was great but i just like the old stuff more :P )

Pookie6
01-19-2009, 01:10 AM
Lead Sails is the only album of theirs i care to listen to and i don't think it's bad at all. The only problem i have with it is the main riffs for the songs sometimes get a bit samey.

The drummers voice annoys me for some reason. I think it's because i like the other guys voice much better so whenever it's the drummer singing i wish it was the other guy haha.

Thebiz
01-19-2009, 01:53 AM
The drummers voice annoys me for some reason. I think it's because i like the other guys voice much better so whenever it's the drummer singing i wish it was the other guy haha.

REALLY? :eek:

99% of Atreyu's fanbase seems to hate Alex's singing haha...maybe it's just because he only screamed on the first two albums and 85% screamed on their third.

Hcmanu
01-19-2009, 12:02 PM
Alex should ONLY scream and brandon only sing.

Everything else is **** :P

Thebiz
01-22-2009, 05:37 PM

Agreed to a certain extent...Alex's singing is ok in small doses, but his singing in Lead Sails is atrocious.

handbanana
01-23-2009, 02:17 PM
REALLY? :eek:

99% of Atreyu's fanbase seems to hate Alex's singing haha...maybe it's just because he only screamed on the first two albums and 85% screamed on their third.

i think the dummers voice in 100000000 times better then the lead singer/screamer. his scream kinda annoys me. this band(as korny as they are) went way downhill. and the fact that they made a "Greatest Hits" Album(ReallY?!) just to get out of their label is pretty lame.

Frenzied
01-23-2009, 08:13 PM
If you were in a shitty situation wouldn't you want to get out of it as quick as possible?

Aussie_skater
01-23-2009, 08:38 PM

yeah but if they keep going the way theyre going, he'll end up being on stage doing nothing, which is what he does a bit during songs from lead sails

handbanana
01-25-2009, 02:54 PM
If you were in a shitty situation wouldn't you want to get out of it as quick as possible?

its kindof a win/loss for them, cuz although it gets them off their label, it makes them look really ****ty, and i don't believe by any standards should this band have a "greatest hits" album. I was in a store and read the box "Atreyu's Greatest Hits" and I said to myself; "well there's atleast two words wrong with that".

Aussie_skater
01-25-2009, 08:08 PM
yeah well the majority know that it was released to get out o the label, its much easier than writing and recording a full cd length of material

handbanana
01-25-2009, 08:26 PM
yeah i know you guys are def right its just like it sucks that music has come to things like this. its ****ty

Thebiz
01-26-2009, 12:26 AM
Is it just me or is "Her Portrait In Black" a horrible choice for a b-side?

When I heard it I thought it was one of Atreyu's best songs yet, and I was surprised that it was on the Underworld soundtrack and not ADGOY. It would've been the best song on the album I think :eek:

Amitio
02-01-2009, 02:25 PM
Is it just me or is "Her Portrait In Black" a horrible choice for a b-side?

When I heard it I thought it was one of Atreyu's best songs yet, and I was surprised that it was on the Underworld soundtrack and not ADGOY. It would've been the best song on the album I think :eek:

Listening to it now!

one of my favourite atreyu songs!

IndieMetal
02-01-2009, 03:39 PM
no all those hardcore bands that you named suck these guys are metalcore and way ****ing heavier than you agy **** i bet you listen to thats like the gayest genre ever and theyre not screamo an example of screamo is alesana devil wears prada silverstein and gay **** like

Gibson_SG_uzr55
02-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Alex's singing isnt bad, I think people just were so used to hearing him only scream and Brandon only sing.

^^Yes, Her Portrait in Black is an amazing song.

Thebiz
02-01-2009, 10:08 PM
no all those hardcore bands that you named suck these guys are metalcore and way ****ing heavier than you agy **** i bet you listen to thats like the gayest genre ever and theyre not screamo an example of screamo is alesana devil wears prada silverstein and gay **** like

You're wrong.

:D

saxaxe
02-01-2009, 10:13 PM
I'm gonna have to call troll on this one.

Haymaker17
02-02-2009, 02:28 AM

you fail at the english language.

Manos15
02-02-2009, 02:48 AM
I'm gonna have to call troll on this one.
It's GOT to be.

I hope.

Thebiz
04-30-2009, 07:45 AM
Soooo....have these guys become lazy or what?? I haven't heard anything from them; are they still touring?

They need to come out with a new album (and hopefully with a producer other than John Feldman).

willingvictim
04-30-2009, 11:03 AM
this band was cool when suicide notes came out.. then I got into the cd after that a little bit.. then I realized I was retarded

Beanerofshred
04-30-2009, 01:36 PM
haha every cd good

EXCEPT lead sails paper anchor

nasty ass **** right there

Shredx
04-30-2009, 02:05 PM
haha every cd good

EXCEPT lead sails paper anchor

nasty ass **** right there

Imo Lead sails wasnt a bad album and had a few good songs on it - it was just the contrast from their older albums to it which annoyed people.

ismellfunny13
05-04-2009, 09:15 AM
whos keen for their new album?

what you think it will sound like?

Haymaker17
05-04-2009, 09:50 AM
whos keen for their new album?

what you think it will sound like?

my expectations for this album are on the floor. can't get any lower. this band has seriouslly gone off the deep end. i really hope its decent though because atreyu helped get me into heavier music back in my freshman year of high school, i'm a junior in college now. i was listening to pop punk at the time and suicide notes and butterfly kisses really appealed to me for some reason...i still enjoy it every so often, but as for the new album i don't think it will be good

Shredx
05-04-2009, 10:49 AM
Wasn't really aware/anticipating a new album for some reason.

I went through a massive atreyu fase a few months before lead sails came out. Took me ages to get into LSPA though, and it was such a contrast and wasn't quite as good.

So I'm expecting more of the same/combined more with the creature or the album after that (forgotten its name)