IDEA: a filter for tab searches!

PDA

View Full Version : IDEA: a filter for tab searches!

Crimsonashes
09-19-2006, 05:10 PM
Hey everyone..i was browsing through metallica tabs to look for one, when i realized that there is way too many tabs! ...so with that in mind i was wondering if someone could implement a filter. What i mean is a box near the top so after you hit search you can enter something into the filter box and it'll subtract things that dont include what you typed. This is like in itunes folks. it would be very easy to find specfic tabs you can also have a little drop down menu like in itunes that says artist, song, album...etc. thanks what does everyone think?

Barboom
09-19-2006, 05:13 PM
that would kick ass

guitarcrazy1991
09-19-2006, 05:14 PM
amazing idea

SOADrox429
09-19-2006, 05:18 PM
yes, great idea

Bmm386
09-19-2006, 05:23 PM
Good idea.

Like, if you want a tab for Wonderful tonight, but are too lazy to type wonderful, you get 5 pages of songs.

That would be perfect for that.

Crimsonashes
09-19-2006, 05:27 PM
alright kool...now we just have to wait nicely for medick or zappp to see it..lol im anxious..haha its such a good idea i hope it will get done..i kno they're busy tho..we'll see

SOADrox429
09-19-2006, 05:53 PM
they could also do a filter for ratings, because i hate browsing through a lot of crappy tabs to find the one (or two) good one(s) on here

wilty00
09-19-2006, 07:10 PM
they could also do a filter for ratings, because i hate browsing through a lot of crappy tabs to find the one (or two) good one(s) on here

The ratings are subjective though and aren't always accurate... sometimes people get their tabs voted down by people who don't like them (it's been done before) and sometimes people get others to vote their tabs up. Don't always rely on the ratings.

As for the idea, that would be rediculously helpful. One of the best ideas I've ever seen in this forum.

SOADrox429
09-19-2006, 07:14 PM
that makes sense, but it's still a great idea to do it with other things

FrenchyFungus
09-20-2006, 04:49 AM
I always thought there should be a way to search by band AND song name

Pan-Tallica
09-20-2006, 08:31 AM
Good idea... So obvious, too.

I think the basic quick search should remain intact, and an Advanced Search feature could be added as a link at the top of the tabs page, perhaps next to the basic search.

You could have things like... Artist, Album, Song Name, Year, etc...

Crimsonashes
09-20-2006, 08:16 PM
frenchyfungus you work here?

FrenchyFungus
09-20-2006, 09:14 PM
no

What gave you that idea?

:wtf:

paintITblack39
09-21-2006, 08:47 AM
frenchyfungus you work here?
:haha

It would be a great idea though. Like when you're looking for a song like "Drive" by Incubus. Then, you'd have to go through a couple pages to find it. There's so many songs that are like that, too.

FrenchyFungus
09-21-2006, 10:43 AM
Another minor thing.

When you're looking at a LOT of tabs, like 10 pages or whatever, you have to scroll all the way down to the bottom to find the page chooser thing.

Could you put one at the top too?

Crimsonashes
09-21-2006, 06:02 PM
no

What gave you that idea?

:wtf:

nah i was just wondering because u seem pretty knowledgeable..lol =)

yea that page number thing would be a good idea too. but u kno u can always press 'end' on ur keyboard to get to the bottom (and home to get back to the top)

Crimsonashes
09-24-2006, 12:28 AM
....hmm wonders how long it will take before someones not busy enough to review this idea with others and get it done..lol haha take ur time im kiddin

Crimsonashes
10-02-2006, 05:45 PM
you know wht else you can add to this idea? instead of just a filter for which tabs but you can use it to sort reviews users etc.

greendayguitar
10-06-2006, 09:30 PM
Great Idea! :)

I agree with the page vhooser at the top as well.

Also, whether this has been said or not, but could we get it to be like Limewire? kind of like:
--------------
Song Name
--------------
Band Name
--------------
Album
--------------
Year
--------------
Rating
--------------
Tabber
------------

etc etc?

paintITblack39
10-08-2006, 01:32 PM
Great Idea! :)

I agree with the page vhooser at the top as well.

Also, whether this has been said or not, but could we get it to be like Limewire? kind of like:
--------------
Song Name
--------------
Band Name
--------------
Album
--------------
Year
--------------
Rating
--------------
Tabber
------------

etc etc?
Put it in an advanced search and that'd be great.

Crimsonashes
10-08-2006, 02:14 PM
medick wht do you think of this idea? just wonderin...

jcwear
10-08-2006, 04:17 PM
excellent idea, like to search band name, then song by that band

love the drop down menu idea

FrenchyFungus
10-08-2006, 04:41 PM
Tbh, it's not hard to find the song you want with the current search.

It'd be great if you could search by band and song though. But anything other than that seems a bit OTT in my opinion

medick
10-09-2006, 07:25 AM
i agree - good idea. and we need more info for our database, not just technical solution.
so, i think it will be realized next year because now we have no free time for such features :(

Crimsonashes
10-09-2006, 09:46 AM
i agree - good idea. and we need more info for our database, not just technical solution.
so, i think it will be realized next year because now we have no free time for such features :(

very kool i know u guys are busy...just wanted to know if it was gonna happen at some point...thx man lata!

lespaul_rentals
10-09-2006, 10:14 AM
If we do this Advanced Search feature, let's make it so you can search by genre, too. That way, if I want to look up a Thrash Metal song to learn, it will be easier.

kirbyrocknroll
10-09-2006, 10:17 AM
If we do this Advanced Search feature, let's make it so you can search by genre, too. That way, if I want to look up a Thrash Metal song to learn, it will be easier.
Good idea, but people would argue sometimes because of the whole genre thing.

FrenchyFungus
10-09-2006, 10:19 AM
Yeah, the genre thing could pose problems

1. Going through every tab and adding a genre
2. Arguments over genre

I brought up the idea when Medick implemented random tabs, he said "maybe in the future"

Crimsonashes
10-09-2006, 10:20 AM
theres way to many genres to do that..the list would be extensive..

paintITblack39
10-09-2006, 12:58 PM
I think you can start off by filtering the tabs by bands.

soccermom
10-09-2006, 01:09 PM
Good idea.

Like, if you want a tab for Wonderful tonight, but are too lazy to type wonderful, you get 5 pages of songs.

That would be perfect for that.
Your two lazy to type tonight, are you numb from the neck down cos thats justifiable.