Trivium guitarists

PDA

View Full Version : Trivium guitarists

bsoates
09-22-2006, 05:40 PM
What do you think of Matt and Corey? Which one do you think is the better soloist and lead player?

usuckhugeonez
09-22-2006, 05:43 PM
i like Matt better.

distilledspirit
09-22-2006, 05:44 PM
They are both awesome and have different techniques. Corey is more technical but I like Matt's soloing better.

korn-nut
09-22-2006, 05:48 PM
ooohhh damn... can't say. i really think its a combination of both unique players. but i belive matt and bassist paulo or whoever write all the songs, so matt probably wins in creativeness and you definatley have to give him credit for singing and playing so well, but then your question was as a lead player so yeah... my head hurts.

Metal_Rich
09-22-2006, 05:49 PM
They're both awesome, I like Matt more, his solos really do kick ass, but it might just be my preference for the rhythm player being one my self.

nehpets5555
09-22-2006, 05:51 PM
ooohhh damn... can't say. i really think its a combination of both unique players. but i belive matt and bassist paulo or whoever write all the songs, so matt probably wins in creativeness and you definatley have to give him credit for singing and playing so well, but then your question was as a lead player so yeah... my head hurts.
actually on the new album corey , matt and paolo have written some songs each

Last_Serenade
From the old stuff, i liked them both equally; their playing complimented each other perfectly.

but now however...

corey tries to retain the musicality his solos had, wheras matt just got petatonic crazy and sweeps slowly and sloppy, trying to hard to immitate styles from metallica and megadeth i think.

6stringslasher
I think Matts better at creativity but Corey is the **** too.

=ToM=
09-22-2006, 05:54 PM
i prefered the solos on Ascendancy to The Crusade (the alum's already on uTorrent, and it's really good, sounds like master of puppets), as they had a more 'soulful' feeling, the ones on the new album are just really fast, like they're tryin to prove that they are mega fast, but the solos have lost their feel.

so matt's my favorite lead player, coz he wrote the better solos

pasturofmuppets
09-22-2006, 06:00 PM
cory is more phsically talented but matt has more melodic stuff...but corey can write really goos solos(requeim)..and cory can do that cool micheal angelo thing

nehpets5555
09-22-2006, 06:07 PM
mm. their both evenly good overall..but corey wins cause of his circle headbangin...

Invictious
09-22-2006, 07:51 PM
Hha, yea Corey circleheadbangs while playing.

Matt is overrated, not too sure about corey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC8vRAAwVLY

Random things and then a lousy sweep at the end...

Corey is a bit fat though..and he is french :D

(j/k)

StuartR
09-23-2006, 12:29 AM
Also, he posts in the Trivium only thread...

PiNk_ThE_pUnK
09-23-2006, 05:05 AM
There's a Trivium Only Thread for a reason.