Mudvayne tuning, simple

PDA

View Full Version : Mudvayne tuning, simple

Bassic Chicken
09-28-2006, 01:15 PM
I've searched but i couldn't find any definitive answers, so i thought I'd ask everybody in here, What is the official Mudvayne tuning. I've read somewhere that it was (Low to High) G B F# B E, then i read somewhere else that it was C G C F. I know Ryan has used 4 and 5 strings, has he used both tunings at different times, or on certain albums.
This is a pretty simply question I just need someone who knows what they're talking about to come along and say "yes, he used ______ on ___, but changed to ____ on _____" Thanks guys

ARCtrooper225
09-28-2006, 02:42 PM
on his 5 it's GCGCF, on his 4 it's CGCF and I've heard of him using BF#BE sometimes

Drmckool
09-28-2006, 04:01 PM
isn't it Gcgcf

Deliriumbassist
09-28-2006, 08:10 PM
For the first album, he played BF#BE and F#BF#BE

after that, he mainly used CGCF, and recently, now he's switched back to 5s, GCGCF

BadBishop
09-28-2006, 10:50 PM
Forget the tuning. How does Ryan do that Semi-Pop? I can't find anything on it, yet sources say he created that technique. Anyone know how to create that sound? It sounds badass on the LD50 recording.

Deliriumbassist
09-29-2006, 05:35 AM
semi-pop? give me an example of where he uses the semi pop... I know he created a technique he uses in Happy?, though

Bassic Chicken
09-29-2006, 08:03 AM
Semi-pop, WTF? Can we have a bit more of a discussion on this, I'm really liking Ryan's style at the moment.

Also, the technique used in Happy, is that where he taps the strings against the fret board?

BadBishop
09-29-2006, 11:59 AM
Semi-pop, WTF? Can we have a bit more of a discussion on this, I'm really liking Ryan's style at the moment.

Also, the technique used in Happy, is that where he taps the strings against the fret board?

Create a thread on him then.

Anyways, He Semi Pops here for sure http://youtube.com/watch?v=nvSGVNi1hiE and I think a couple of other songs on LD50 like http://youtube.com/watch?v=2e7M_bs9diw (not sure about Nothing to Gein if that's semi-popping or something else though.)