To the hardcore forum:

PDA

View Full Version : To the hardcore forum:

SilentSpectacle
09-30-2006, 03:20 AM
Most people know me as a frequent poster, and i've made some good friendships off this site. More-so than post this in the Pit, I think it would be more effective in here to the people who actually feel like they somewhat know me.
For the past three months i've been suffering from a mysterious stomach ailment. Thinking it was just a phase, I shrugged it off and kept going on with my daily life. In the past month, it worsened. I was put on medication from treating the common stomach ulcer, non-effective, as I didn't have a stomach ulcer. Then, Acid Reflux Disease Medication, unfortunately, I didn't have that either. After 3 days in the hospital this week, and yesterday, having an endoscope (camera through the throat, into the stomach) performed, it's become evident that there was a much bigger illness. Somehow, by a miraculous act of God, or what-be-it, I, at 16 years old have been diagnosed with gastric cancer. It's almost unheard of to contract any kind of cancer before your mid-thirties, so it's shocking. Luckily, it's not at all life-threatening, but it will definetely limit my time on the computer and so-on. So if i'm not on here for awhile, you all will know why.

-Spencer

divid3d
09-30-2006, 03:23 AM
oh shyte mate, i'm so sorry to hear that. you're a cool dude... i hope you get good treatment and it all works out in the best way possible.

unluCKY...

sithian476
09-30-2006, 03:25 AM
That's a shame that young man, I hope everything works out as perfectly as it can from the situation you're in.

"putnamehere"
09-30-2006, 04:15 AM
You posted this in the Pit...

But I still hope you get better man. :cheers:

dead_kennedy
09-30-2006, 04:21 AM
best of luck, stay strong. i hope you have a quick recovery.

StuartR
09-30-2006, 09:16 AM
Hope everything works out Spencer.

Disco Vietnam
09-30-2006, 09:21 AM
Spencer, I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers man and wish you a speedy recovery.

Andrewbiles
09-30-2006, 10:02 AM
Oh ****, I thought this was just going to be a leaving thread that I'd have to close, but man. Hope you get through it quickly and as painlessly as possible.
Best of luck. Hopefully see you back saying you're over it in a couple of months.
:cheers:

before
09-30-2006, 10:24 AM
That sucks man, hope you get better soon! Im gonna miss your posts, you always know good bands lol.

Craigo
09-30-2006, 12:38 PM
**** bro... I've missed you around the forums. Seriously, I have.

That sucks so bad bro. Spence, I wish you all the best, and hope that all goes well for you.

Speak to you on AIM if I get the chance. Hold in bro.

SilentSpectacle
09-30-2006, 12:39 PM
:haha They let you pick the music to play in your hospital room, and i'm quite sure I was the only one in the hospital with "Start Today" playing. :haha

PiNk_ThE_pUnK
09-30-2006, 12:51 PM
**** man, that **** is heavy. Hope things start to perk up a bit soon bro and that your treatment goes well.

On the brighter note, you should have seen the nurses when for my MRI scan I asked for Cryptopsy. It was a picture.

My new computer is here now so i'll be getting AIM ASAP. SPeak to you soon bro and hope you feel better.

PaintOurSilence
09-30-2006, 12:53 PM
HOly ****, I just read some of the symptoms. I feel soooo bad for you dude. Best of luck with the treatments and what not.

Craigo
09-30-2006, 12:54 PM
:haha They let you pick the music to play in your hospital room, and i'm quite sure I was the only one in the hospital with "Start Today" playing. :haha

Sweet - I was listening to those all day today. Brightens up a family day out :P

jckido21
09-30-2006, 12:57 PM
oh man ur like my hero guy that sux

LedZeppelin
09-30-2006, 12:58 PM
My cousin who was 17 was diagnosed with an incredibly deadly type of cancer last year, and he went through treatment and is fine now. :)

Good luck, and I wish you the best, and hope you have a quick recovery.

:haha Yesss.

I think if I was in the hospital I'd put on some medical gore like Carcass or Aborted or something, just to be ironic.

kaktusnpoop
09-30-2006, 01:16 PM
Get Better Bro

hatebreed219
09-30-2006, 03:00 PM
Get well soon.

Panasonic Youth
09-30-2006, 03:00 PM
Wow, man. That's just horrible. I really don't know you, but no one deserves to go through that at such a young age. At least it's not deadly, though.

Aside from that, I noticed you're from Santa Barbara. Nice to see someone from near me (I'm from Oxnard, like 45 minutes away).

kryptonite22
09-30-2006, 03:06 PM
Think positive, at least its not life threatening and even though its an inconvenience now and it might hurt very much (I don't know the symptoms or the effects at all), stay strong and positive and you'll be through it in no time. Don't let it get you down is the best way. That said, like everyone I wish you a speedy recovery man. Get well soon and all the best.

ThisPerishedMin
09-30-2006, 03:06 PM
**** spencer. thats not any good. i havent hit you up on aim in forever and now i really feel like i outta. take care of yourself and best wishes in getting better.

youll be in thoughts and prayers.

later on man

Craigo
09-30-2006, 03:49 PM
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l60/FinalSelkies/Spence.png

Bleh, ****ty font etc I know... But.

Get well soon any bro.

emokid182
09-30-2006, 04:48 PM
yeah bro, I'll deffinatly be praying for you.

LPIndin
09-30-2006, 08:10 PM
that sucks man. my best friend passed away from cancer last year so i know how this is. good thing its not life threatening. get better soon man.

SilentSpectacle
09-30-2006, 09:17 PM
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l60/FinalSelkies/Spence.png

Bleh, ****ty font etc I know... But.

Get well soon any bro.

hahahahh! That's definetely more of like,
"Stay positive! At least you aren't taking it in the ass like this guy!"
even though that picture is of me.... :haha

On a lighter note, it looks like most of my treatment will be done locally and at home. Santa Barbara has quite the good hospital system. Today was alright, the usual throwing up but I actually ate a full meal which I hadn't in about a month.

XMeatHookMartyX
09-30-2006, 10:27 PM
I think you're a solid dude, so I actually mean it when I say that I really hope things get better. It's a terrible thing.

STAY POSI

system
10-01-2006, 01:19 AM
good luck. i'm sure you'll pull through. everything will be brighter.

Craigo
10-01-2006, 03:44 AM
hahahahh! That's definetely more of like,
"Stay positive! At least you aren't taking it in the ass like this guy!"
even though that picture is of me.... :haha

On a lighter note, it looks like most of my treatment will be done locally and at home. Santa Barbara has quite the good hospital system. Today was alright, the usual throwing up but I actually ate a full meal which I hadn't in about a month.

Sweet dude. You should come on AIM some time; I'm only going online now for you. Seriously, talking on MSN to some guys, they all wanna do the same.

Gomorrah
10-01-2006, 07:13 PM
****s weak man. Good luck with the treatment and I hope all works out well.

hXcMacbeth3
10-01-2006, 08:49 PM
ill definately be praying for you, thats awful that you have to go through that, but yeah get well soon man

mr.joopy987
10-01-2006, 09:20 PM
That sucks man. It's good that it's not life threatening, and that you have to travel far for treatment. Get well soon.

maxisit
10-01-2006, 10:05 PM
Ya my friend Hillary who's also 16 had some kind of throat cancer.

waldorphPRS41
10-02-2006, 04:12 PM
ill definately be praying for you, thats awful that you have to go through that, but yeah get well soon man
I couldn't have said it better. Stay positive.

STRAT811
10-02-2006, 05:54 PM

Haha, that's my boy! Good luck, stay strong. I'll miss your posts.

benchiefjr
10-02-2006, 09:09 PM
Hope you get better soon. Glad to see you're being upbeat about it, thats the best thing to do. You will persevere, because I said so!

laid_to_waste
10-02-2006, 10:36 PM
Good luck with everything man, we all wish you the quickest of recoveries :)

martyr
10-03-2006, 03:00 AM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c371/thirteenthsecond/untitled.jpg