Chimaira Thread

PDA

View Full Version : Chimaira Thread

Lukeisonfire
09-30-2006, 11:28 AM
Im pretty sure these guys arent hardcore but this is the closest genre to them so.....
Chimaira kicks plenty ass talk abouyt them here

garfunkleskater
09-30-2006, 11:39 AM
Yeah. they are practically Very Thrash....and....Metal. I guess that's how you would explain them. and yes they kick ass harder then most bands out there now.

Craigo
09-30-2006, 12:30 PM
^^ Not trash, not metal, not hardcore.

Go to Nu Metal mate... It's boarderline metalcore, but it's still classified as Nu Metal.

Lukeisonfire
09-30-2006, 12:33 PM
^what? Nu metal then killswitch engage is nu metal. Nu metal doesnt have constant screaming wikipedia describes them as groove metal. Whatever they still kick ass.

Lukeisonfire
10-02-2006, 03:32 PM
Salavation is in ill riff. probably my favorite metal/hardcore riff

Craigo
10-03-2006, 10:42 AM
^what? Nu metal then killswitch engage is nu metal. Nu metal doesnt have constant screaming wikipedia describes them as groove metal. Whatever they still kick ass.

Wikipedia is wrong sometimes, a load of it is written by idiots. Killswitch Engage have a load of palm mutes, harmonising, the rare breakdown... Signs of metalcore. Chimaira don't have these things last time I remember. It's more of the general sound where the genre is defined... But I get where your coming from.

Ohh... I did say it's boarderline metalcore, but a tad more Nu Metal.

EDIT: I've seen at least three or four Chimaira threads in here which ended the same way. Unfortunately, I've reported it as in the wrong place and also because of your double post. Hopefully, it'll stay open and be moved back into Nu Metal.

las7
03-18-2007, 05:08 AM
Chimaira owns, can't wait to get my hands on the new CD. I know they might be a bit generic but I love em

aild2006
03-18-2007, 06:17 AM
nu metalcore?
really belongs in the nu metal forum...

PiNk_ThE_pUnK
03-18-2007, 06:52 AM
Take this to Nu-Metal.