Pandora: A way to get rid of all those Recommendation Threads

PDA

View Full Version : Pandora: A way to get rid of all those Recommendation Threads

Panasonic Youth
10-01-2006, 01:42 AM
I dunno how many of you know about this, but there's this God-like little site called Pandora that's basically like a self-working recommendation thread. You just go type in a band or song you like, and it'll search out bands with similar sounds to it. I've found so much good stuff through it.

PANDORA (http://www.pandora.com/)

I guess you could also tell us when you find a good band you think we should know about, too.

Zuka
10-01-2006, 01:51 AM
I requested Billy Talent. It played Billy Talent. I requested Collective Soul. It gave me...heehee....

****ING COLLECTIVE SOUL

Zuka
10-01-2006, 01:52 AM
...Sorry, didn't see that there were a list of bands...hehe...Oops. Thanks, kickass site.

PiNk_ThE_pUnK
10-01-2006, 07:16 AM
Pandora is pretty sweet, I use it occasionally but with their server being across the pond it makes the music jump and skip like a hyper-active 4 year old.

kryptonite22
10-01-2006, 08:40 AM
I used it once or twice but a couple of times it didn't understand some rather unobscure bands and another time it didn't teach me anything I didn't know. It was also pretty slow. It's a nice idea though, I agree.